Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Observations 2021

yotaman

6 hours ago, btownheel said:

Looks like we’ve got a nice line coming through tonight.

There was a nice line earlier this evening coming in from the southwest, but—as usual—it went poof well before arriving here.  Areas between Boone and Yadkinville did very well today.  Tonight’s radar is drying up though.  About to close the books on this one.  Another case of RAH calling for three-quarters of an inch and then end up getting ZERO.  I’ve had 0.33” of rain in the last ten days.  There’s next week’s afternoon storm chances I suppose.  Looks dry the rest of this week.

6 minutes ago, gman said:

Radar is a bust for the Upstate of S.C. 

It’s all pretty weak.  RAH keeps downgrading my point forecast for rain.  The more intense rain is to my northwest and southeast.

It’s as if these “precipitation superhighways” develop over several months and all the rain travels along those paths time after time, event after event.  If you’re located in the grassy median between the highways, your rainfall will remain below normal for many weeks.  Amazingly, those rain-starved medians can sometimes be just ten or twenty miles wide.

30 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

It’s all pretty weak.  RAH keeps downgrading my point forecast for rain.  The more intense rain is to my northwest and southeast.

It’s as if these “precipitation superhighways” develop over several months and all the rain travels along those paths time after time, event after event.  If you’re located in the grassy median between the highways, your rainfall will remain below normal for many weeks.  Amazingly, those rain-starved medians can sometimes be just ten or twenty miles wide.

Radar looks as if you’ll be fine. It’s rained here all morning and we haven’t had anything measurable yet

54 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’m at an incredible 0.30” of rain today.  I had a miraculous cell come through in the past hour.  Looks to be about wrapped up.  I realize that 0.30” might not be much, but it’s Noah-level rain considering the context.

We’re at 0.09”. Hopefully we get in on it this evening 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic