Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Observations 2021

yotaman

16 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Anyone know how to get climate data from Franklin County airport? Our farmer up there says it’s the driest spring he’s ever had and it literally didn’t rain in April and they had just 1 thunderstorm in may. They have been unable to plant this year without irrigation 

Three day history for the airport is here:  https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLHZ.html

Long range climate data for Franklin County is here:  https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/county/time-series/NC-069/pcp/1/5/1895-2021?base_prd=true&begbaseyear=1901&endbaseyear=2000

57 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

June’s rain gauge is still stuck at 3.62”.  Dry as a bone for the last several days.  Maybe we can get something out of this tropical cyclone by Sunday or Monday if it’ll ever get it’s act together.

I really hope the rain materializes, but I’m not holding my breath :( 

10 hours ago, jburns said:

Go ahead and hold it. I’ll bet you would look good in purple.

I’m really banking on the Euro, everything else essentially dissipates the low and drives any rain south and east of North Carolina. Per the GFS, our only rain chance in next 10 days would be some afternoon storms one day with the frontal passage. These 2-3 week gaps in any rainfall are not ideal 

47 minutes ago, jpbart said:

Ip

over an inch but it’s pouring too hard to go read the rain gauge to get a more accurate estimate. I can hear my grass and bananas sucking up the moisture and growing.  

Just broke an inch here. 1.04” and still raining. Pretty dang happy and looks to rain off and on through tomorrow morning 

33 minutes ago, Avdave said:

Finished up with 1.23" from Claudette. Pretty much what I thought.

Today it is a steamy humid day. Gross outside. 

Rainfall for June 5.37" MTD

Areas east of me are kicking my butt in June rainfall.  I’m at 3.83”.  :cry:  And RAH is already reducing my rain probabilities for tomorrow.  Models are shifting all the rain I was supposed to get to the east of me.  Talk about kicking a man while he’s down.

Areas east of me are kicking my butt in June rainfall.  I’m at 3.83”.  :cry:  And RAH is already reducing my rain probabilities for tomorrow.  Models are shifting all the rain I was supposed to get to the east of me.  Talk about kicking a man while he’s down.

Looks like we’ve got a nice line coming through tonight.

7 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I was never counting on much for tomorrow. After living here for 5 years I now know never to count on a frontal passage to bringing a nice rainfall here.  Its so damn scattered when the fronts roll though.  You arent that far behind us here, a little over an inch and some.  It could always be worse

• jburns unpinned this topic