• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Observations 2021

yotaman

1.18" so far today from 2 separate storms with 3rd storm approaching. First storm dumped .75", 2nd dropped .43. We will see what this next line of storms does. Currently 72/71.

EDIT: Third storm dropped .58" giving a daily total of 1.76". Month total 5.38" and it is only the 10th.

I had a storm cell blossom over the house this evening and drop 0.70” of rain in 10 minutes.  :o  Talk about a heavy rate.  I’m thankful though.  Daily rainfall: 

• June 2:  0.01”
  • June 3:  TRACE
  • June 4:  0.02”
  • June 6:  0.49”
  • June 7:  0.21”
  • June 8:  TRACE
  • June 9:  0.12”
  • June 10:  1.62”

For the month so far, 2.47” total.  I have some catching up to do being in a hole and all.

20 minutes ago, Avdave said:

See all the while we got rain last week, now its your turn.   Life is good 

Believe it or not, after all that rain surrounding me on the radar since early this morning, my weather station has only recorded a TRACE of rainfall today.  Station just south of me had 1.18” today and another just north of me had 0.51”.  Meanwhile, my sidewalk was briefly moist.  :rolleyes:  I don’t know what in the world is going on.

11 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Believe it or not, after all that rain surrounding me on the radar since early this morning, my weather station has only recorded a TRACE of rainfall today.  Station just south of me had 1.18” today and another just north of me had 0.51”.  Meanwhile, my sidewalk was briefly moist.  :rolleyes:  I don’t know what in the world is going on.

Thats crazy!!! Radar looks pretty meh for now too. I thought you wouldve gotten something with the storms out there today, 

45 minutes ago, jburns said:

Storms all around me for a lot of the day but I got blanked.  0.0000000000000”

My patience finally paid off.  I was at ZERO all day long with storms in all directions, but then this evening a strong storm moved in from the northwest along the Virginia border. I was expecting it to weaken considerably by the time it reached me, but it held together.  I’ve reach 0.94” in 28 minutes.  I should end with over an inch by the time it clears out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

My patience finally paid off.  I was at ZERO all day long with storms in all directions, but then this evening a strong storm moved in from the northwest along the Virginia border. I was expecting it to weaken considerably by the time it reached me, but it held together.  I’ve reach 0.94” in 28 minutes.  I should end with over an inch by the time it clears out.

I’ve been watching that one on radar and figured you were getting a good shot of rain. It is presently sliding by me just to the east. I am up to a big 0.02” now.  

13 hours ago, jburns said:

I’ve been watching that one on radar and figured you were getting a good shot of rain. It is presently sliding by me just to the east. I am up to a big 0.02” now.  

There’s nothing quite as frustrating as seeing needed rain skirt you by a mile.  Well, other than missing out on snow.

• jburns unpinned this topic