Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Observations 2021

yotaman

4 hours ago, yotaman said:

Nice thunderstorm in progress. Dropped temp from 87 to our current 77.

Picked up .52" today. .24" from the main storm and another .28 from the steady rain afterward. With the exception of the humidity, it has been a good day for us.

13 minutes ago, Avdave said:

I was thinking of you when I saw the radar, you can finally get some rain there lol

It’s not looking too good for me right now.  Another storm 360 degrees around me and ZERO rain here.  We’re on a ridge and can see columns of rain in every direction.

I think some kind of DARPA weather manipulation force field device has been secretly placed somewhere in my neighborhood.

43ED6CA8-8325-4E11-9F47-914D2A469CC3.png

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

It’s not looking too good for me right now.  Another storm 360 degrees around me and ZERO rain here.  We’re on a ridge and can see columns of rain in every direction.

I think some kind of DARPA weather manipulation force field device has been secretly placed somewhere in my neighborhood.

Thats crazy.  You have to get some rain out of this blob. It may not storm but at least drop some rain

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

I'm in a similar situation here. Only .05 this month and rain all around. 

6 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm in a similar situation here. Only .05 this month and rain all around. 

PTI is sitting at 0.75” for the evening while I’ve had a light shower.  The problem with following the weather as a hobby is that you starting noticing all these annoying anomalies and trends.  Ignorance is bliss.

1 hour ago, landof2rivers said:

The pavement  got wet here, that’s it. I was hoping this line would deliver.

I realize that confirmation bias plays a roll in not noticing when big storms actually do work in our favor, but, man, there’s nothing more frustrating than when you’re in desperate need of rain and a huge cell rips in two as it approaches and then rejoins after it passes you.  That certainly seems to be the pattern here lately.

Picked up .21" in a brief but very heavy downpour. Was out walking my Husky when it hit. Nothing showed on radar when we left and sky didn't look threatening at all. Rain popped up 10 minutes after we left the house and we both got soaked. Wasn't the first time and certainly won't be the last time we get caught by heavy rain. This puts me at 2.80" for the month.

6 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

No rain in Raleigh area but hoping that activity to the north builds south overnight. We will see

I’ve been asleep, but was surprised to see (according to my station) that five separate cells passed through between 11:00 PM and 2:30 AM leaving me 0.90” of rain.  Airport has had 0.01” overnight, so maybe my luck is changing.

2 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I’ve been asleep, but was surprised to see (according to my station) that five separate cells passed through between 11:00 PM and 2:30 AM leaving me 0.90” of rain.  Airport has had 0.01” overnight, so maybe my luck is changing.

We picked up 0.22” overnight. Currently some light rain continuing 

3.01” for the month now 

• jburns unpinned this topic