• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter 2021

George BM

All good. All warning lights off and driving well. Took about four days. Didn’t have to make a claim. Very fortunate.

On an unrelated note, I am on vacation at Beaver Island - which is about 30 miles into Lake Michigan northwest of charlevoix , Michigan - maybe 50 miles south of the UP. Real heat wave here today - hit 74. That’s the hottest it will be this week. This vacation rules.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CAPE said:

:bike:

Had about 30 hours of rain here for the first part of the trip/ arrival at the island mentioned in my previous post. Slipped through southern lower Michigan Friday as all hell was starting to break loose there on radar. Saw on Saturday that Detroit had about six inches of rain Friday night and there were estimates of about 1000 cars caught in significant urban flooding - and a lot of those on the various interstates under overpasses especially where no one had seen high water before. I really think that the aspect of global climate change that we are feeling first is these unreal rain events surrounding stalled fronts and waves of moisture along the lows. Issue in Michigan was they were caught between that brutal high in the pacific NW and a high anchored over the weekend off the east coast. Funneled a lot of moisture up this way.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, mappy said:

Apparently some crazy soccer game happened and a meme was born 

I figured the guy had to have been cheering for the Swiss; in the biggest upset of the Euro 2020 tournament so far they came back from a 3-1 deficit, with the tying goal coming in the 90th minute,, won on penalty kicks, and sent reigning World Cup champs France packing.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/euro-2020-switzerland-fan-meme-goal-france

(Posted this before I saw @H2O's post directly above this one.)

2 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

It's been so long since England drummed Germany out of a major tournament @H2O wasn't around yet.

(It was in 1966.)

Shocker.  great finishes by Sterling and the ever so aging Kane.   Mueller choked on Sterling's bad turnover....

1 minute ago, Bodhi Cove said:

So let me just confirm that the belief here is if you were born in 1966 you're an old mf'er. Correct?

:weep:

If its you, then absolutely not. You will never been old.

If its Waterboy, then yes. 

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Drinking an Aslin Double Orange Starfish NE style DIPA for HH. Very good.

Think I’m gonna open up the Firestone parabola in a few minutes. I also bought a barrel aged cookie/coffee/cacao stout from pherm brewing a couple weekends ago but that one is a bomber bottle so that’s a weekend sipper! Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Think I’m gonna open up the Firestone parabola in a few minutes. I also bought a barrel aged cookie/coffee/cacao stout from pherm brewing a couple weekends ago but that one is a bomber bottle so that’s a weekend sipper! Enjoy!

Enjoy that Firestone Parabola. It is outstanding. Sip it. Savor it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fourseasons said:

My parents each had 1967 Camaros. 

Timeless.

Learned how to drive a stick in my oldest brother's 67 Vette.  That was awesome as a 16 year old.  Was a small block, but had factor side pipes that sounded great, and burned your calves on exiting if you didn't pay attention.  The second thing with a stick I drove was a Ford F-9000 dump truck that took both feet to operate the clutch (well, sort of...  it was a beast) and no power steering.  

46 minutes ago, RDM said:

Learned how to drive a stick in my oldest brother's 67 Vette.  That was awesome as a 16 year old.  Was a small block, but had factor side pipes that sounded great, and burned your calves on exiting if you didn't pay attention.  The second thing with a stick I drove was a Ford F-9000 dump truck that took both feet to operate the clutch (well, sort of...  it was a beast) and no power steering.  

Never had anything but a stick until I bought an F150 in 2019. And I hate having that automatic transmission 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic