Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter 2021

George BM

13 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Happy Birthday! 

Did you make it to Big Truck? If so, how was it? We are looking for a place to stretch out and relax for the day. Also, has anyone been to Farmacy?

Thank you!! Heading there later today, if you go today let me know! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, H2O said:

Make sure you all wish @mappy a very happy birthday today!!

She has hit the incredible milestone of thirtysomethingold and thanks to previously receiving an AARP membership and joining, attained a  gOLD club status where her “waters” have a 10% discount and so does hair dye. 

Happy birthday!!! :hug:

HBD...Have a great day!

5 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

Happy Birthday @mappy

Thank you!

1 hour ago, toolsheds said:

HBD...Have a great day!

Thank you! 

36 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My gf and a buddy drove up to Farmacy to meet me after I rode my bike there. Cool spot and now the three of us are heading up to Big Truck in Mappyland. I look a little scrubby after my ride, but if we see her, she’ll get a birthday beer.

Great little spot, we left around 2 to go float in the pool. Next time! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Happy birthday Mappy!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Definitely a beautiful place. The beers that we had were good too. We’ll be back too, but today should be spent at the pool.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, we will def be going back

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Great time at Big Truck. If I knew Katie’s address, I’d be in her pool in ten minutes.

image.jpeg.3c86f02aa7dfc54600b5535a390f4dfd.jpeg

lol depending how you got there, you probably drove by my house 

1 hour ago, George BM said:

@mappy I've heard rumblings that today is a special day for you? :D 

I hope you've been enjoying the big day.

Thank you! Been a nice day :) 

On 6/26/2021 at 3:59 PM, H2O said:

We did a hell of a lot better than expected but my girls didn’t get the results they wanted. Relay did better but by then it wasn’t needed. 

3 lanes got triples for times which is rare

On 6/26/2021 at 10:08 PM, mattie g said:

Doubles and triples should result in shots for the timers involved.

Hitting triples in any lane used to be good for one hamburger and/or hot dog for the highly synced-up timers at Hayfield back in the day...  ;) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, H2O said:

She has hit the incredible milestone of thirtysomethingold and thanks to previously receiving an AARP membership and joining, attained a  gOLD club status where her “waters” have a 10% discount and so does hair dye. 

Missed by about a day (my life story!), but I hope you had a GREAT and enjoyable birthday, @mappy:) 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Hitting triples in any lane used to be good for one hamburger and/or hot dog for the highly synced-up timers at Hayfield back in the day...  ;) 

Yeah, we used to offer something similar pre-covid. But with things how they are and late switch of snack bar managers things have been limited as far as food offerings.  Now if it happens tonight for the B meet I want the host pool to give free snow cones.  Free ice cream.  Free any damn thing thats cold.

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2021 at 7:59 AM, H2O said:

Got you on the Twitter deck but again hope you had a wonderful day!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, H2O said:

Yeah, we used to offer something similar pre-covid. But with things how they are and late switch of snack bar managers things have been limited as far as food offerings.  Now if it happens tonight for the B meet I want the host pool to give free snow cones.  Free ice cream.  Free any damn thing thats cold.

Yesterday was the start of something completely nasty I suspect for the next few days. Kid had a double horse show weekend. Saturday was tolerable. Yesterday though was down right nasty. Warrenton Pony Show starts this week. She was already signed up for 2 divisions on Thursday, but her trainer now wants her to do the Local division on Wednesday. This show usually has stuff for the exhibitors, catered lunches, doughnut day ect. so hoping they have a lot of cold stuff offered. Got two long days ahead of us in the heat will be looking forward to the cool down the end of the week. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Yesterday was the start of something completely nasty I suspect for the next few days. Kid had a double horse show weekend. Saturday was tolerable. Yesterday though was down right nasty. Warrenton Pony Show starts this week. She was already signed up for 2 divisions on Thursday, but her trainer now wants her to do the Local division on Wednesday. This show usually has stuff for the exhibitors, catered lunches, doughnut day ect. so hoping they have a lot of cold stuff offered. Got two long days ahead of us in the heat will be looking forward to the cool down the end of the week. 

Oh, Mrs. J....y'all stay cool!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Missed by about a day (my life story!), but I hope you had a GREAT and enjoyable birthday, @mappy:) 

38 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Got you on the Twitter deck but again hope you had a wonderful day!

Thanks!! A lovely day :) 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic