Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter 2021

George BM

3 hours ago, H2O said:

My alarm going off this morning garnered a few curse words that would make George Carlin say "Whoa, dude, that's more than 7 dirty words."

One of mine was done early(IM and free) but my oldest did free and fly so that just meant she was there the whole time which of course meant I was there the whole time.  But I was going to be anyways thanks to CT duty.  But after and getting home is almost just as hectic.  Kids are hungry, I'm hungry, everyone need showers (the amount of BO towards the tail end of a B meet would make dead cicadas ask for some febreeze) and by the time you get to sit and chill its already late af.

Good thing I can punt being productive at work until the 3rd coffee kicks in.

#TRUTHBOMB

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mappy said:

ooooo we just got ourselves a RTIC cooler. Haven't used it yet, but have heard good things. (unless of course you were bashing them, at which case ignore my post)

I have a soft RTIC, holds 28 cans of beer, love it. Much lighter then my daughters Yeti

21 hours ago, GATECH said:

Red solo cups scream that I am drinking adult beverages…you gotta us a yeti tumbler, you can almost fit an entire bottle of wine in that thing….or 4 beers!

i have a 28OZ RTIC water bottle. Fits 2 cans of beer. Nobody suspects a thing. They're inexpensive too. Highly recomend.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MacChump said:

years ago:

macchump critters: we hate swim team, do we have to do it this year?

mr. and mrs. macchump: *look at each other*

mr. macchump: god no

mr. and mrs. macchump: *high five*

It would have kept you busy during Philly sports team games.  you know, not having to watch them choke.

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

Another RTIC cooler user. I have one of the backpacks. I use it for day trips, going to the pool, etc. A steal at the price especially when compared to yeti. 

I love the backpack. It keeps things cold for long time - even in real heat - and like you mentioned it’s perfect for smaller trips.

• Like 1

This seems like the crowd to ask...what are your favorite spill-proof drink containers? I would love something that you don't have to unscrew a cap while driving, but I guess ya need that for truly spill-proof? My fave style for cold drinks are tumblers with slide opening (not straw) and I have a good one I really like (Bubba) that is allllllmost but not quite spill-proof. Maybe I'm SOL.

Edit: maybe the right term would have been leak-proof. ykwim

8 hours ago, Kay said:

This seems like the crowd to ask...what are your favorite spill-proof drink containers? I would love something that you don't have to unscrew a cap while driving, but I guess ya need that for truly spill-proof? My fave style for cold drinks are tumblers with slide opening (not straw) and I have a good one I really like (Bubba) that is allllllmost but not quite spill-proof. Maybe I'm SOL.

I have a Contigo Bueno coffee travel mug.  I've dropped that sucker a few times and no spills when the flap is closed.  Keeps my java HOT for a damn long time too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:shiver:

It’s a shame that there isn’t something that can regulate itself and turn off (or on) when the temperature reaches a set point. We should work on inventing something like that.

Power windows?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kay said:

I have a couple 16oz Thermos mugs that are completely leak-proof and only require you to slide a tab to open and close them.

Edit: Here's an Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PY7AYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Anyone been to Big Truck Brewery yet? We are going this weekend to celebrate another trip around the sun for me. 

I have not.  But I only go to places now that have early bird specials for old people.  I pick my places carefully.  I don't like to flub it.

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

I have not.  But I only go to places now that have early bird specials for old people.  I pick my places carefully.  I don't like to flub it.

Cause you're old. Me? Not old. You? Old. Pork belly with hair too. 

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I know.  I'm getting waaaaay up there.  Its ok tho.  The age gap between us is wide but you creep closer on Sunday

Just remember, when you were learning to drive, I was only a toddler. :P 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

I have a couple 16oz Thermos mugs that are completely leak-proof and only require you to slide a tab to open and close them.

Edit: Here's an Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PY7AYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the link! I might have to get both your and H20's suggestions, you can never have enough.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic