Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter 2021

George BM

8 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So happy for you. :) What plans do you have?

Thank you! Absolutely nothing. I’m not looking for another job right away. I just want to see how it goes. I do plan to spend more time on the eastern shore. But with 2 kids still to finish HS I’m not going anywhere 

7 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Massive congrats @H2O 

May the future be filled with relaxing, future grandchildren in time, travel, beer, and yelling at kids to get off your lawn!

Thank you! I’m cool with all those things

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chris78 said:

That's awesome! Congrats! . Definitely takes alot of hard work , smarts, sacrifice and  sound financial decisions over the years to achieve the accomplishment of retiring at 50.

Wasn't the goal back when I started.  It was live paycheck to paycheck and scrape enough together to get a car and house and keep a roof over my family. Could have made more money elsewhere but knew by staying this goal would be closer.

7 hours ago, Stormpc said:

It's family money....

My dad won $100 lottery once.  He gave me 50 cents.  I turned that into the multi-dollaraire empire you see before you now.  Can't see it?  Neither can I.  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

My gf and I took the canoe over to Mariner Point Park yesterday to try to catch our first snakeheads. I caught a good one only to lose it when he tore his lip getting into the canoe.

edit: next time remember the net.

181C6EB7-16D4-490E-B84D-A32663473C86.jpeg.ed0764c960ca048b117b116b0bbedf91.jpeg

Rat or muskrat lure??

On 6/16/2021 at 7:06 AM, H2O said:

I really am lucky and I don't take it for granted.  But I've worked damn hard to get here.  28 years of working in the hottest of hot and coldest of cold, dodging traffic and dealing with ticks, dogs, black widows and working on top of an 80 ft dam.  Its just time.

I haven't been off the board for most of this week....but this news, ANY news of someone who can retire younger than ME, always makes my day, hell, my year! You're young, you're (I assume!) healthy, you have kids at who are all at fun ages....enjoy the hell out of ALL of this.  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

I haven't been off the board for most of this week....but this news, ANY news of someone who can retire younger than ME, always makes my day, hell, my year! You're young, you're (I assume!) healthy, you have kids at who are all at fun ages....enjoy the hell out of ALL of this.  :D 

Thank you.  I like that you say I'm young.  Clearly @mappy is wrong calling me old all the time.  I don't blue plate special yet.  But gonna spend time at the diner every morning chatting to the war vets over coffee.  

Its a new adventure coming and i just want to enjoy the hell out of it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thank you.  I like that you say I'm young.  Clearly @mappy is wrong calling me old all the time.  I don't blue plate special yet.  But gonna spend time at the diner every morning chatting to the war vets over coffee.  

Its a new adventure coming and i just want to enjoy the hell out of it.

Nah. You're old :P 

• Haha 3

It's Friday. Good day to sip on something high gravity. Almost cracked open the 2014 120 min IPA, but since I had a fresh one, I went with that. I compared the bottles, and damn the aged one looks quite dark by comparison. It wont last much longer, and I will pick up a few more next time I head to the beach.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mappy said:

Oh gosh, there isn't. Waterboy and I have a long running inside joke about his age. All in good fun. :) 

Don't worry...I wasn't offended at all.  You are only as old as you feel....or act, and my kids are always rolling their eyes at me. 

46 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

30 :lol: 

As someone who is almost on the late side of mid-30s, I can confirm the slide downhill has been more and more noticeable every year. Hangovers last days instead of just hours. My back and knees always hurt. And I am fairly sure I cannot sit down, or stand up, without making a groan. 

Can only imagine how Waterboy feels lol 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, mappy said:

As someone who is almost on the late side of mid-30s, I can confirm the slide downhill has been more and more noticeable every year. Hangovers last days instead of just hours. My back and knees always hurt. And I am fairly sure I cannot sit down, or stand up, without making a groan. 

Hangovers are to be avoided. I have had maybe 3 or 4 in my life.

Try MSM flakes(not powder). Its magic stuff for skin, hair, joints, etc. Kala Health on Amazon. Take it everyday. Can get it as a lotion too. I use it after every shower. I am old but well preserved lol. I am a vain m'fer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Hangovers are to be avoided. I have had maybe 3 or 4 in my life.

Try MSM flakes(not powder). Its magic stuff for skin, hair, joints, etc. Kala Health on Amazon. Take it everyday. Can get it as a lotion too. I use it after every shower. I am old but well preserved lol. I am a vain m'fer.

It’s why I switched to hard seltzers lol. Was feeling too terrible the day after beer or liquor. Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mappy said:

I sound like a bag of microwave popcorn when I kneel down on the ground. I snort lines of advil after I exercise. When it rains my left elbow flares up. I get vats of lotion to deal with my ashy ankles(that what your fave troll say they look like). And don’t get me started on how much Metamucil I take.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Bunch of spring peepers here! :P

By definition you are a senior citizen at 55 and elderly at 65!  Yep, hard to believe but don't worry because no matter who you are, you cannot beat the clock!

If only we could all move at the speed of light in a vacuum.. time would slow down and we would barely age. Ofc for that to happen, it would require we have no mass, so what fun would that be?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic