Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter 2021

George BM

36 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I'm right behind you and not even close to being ready for retirement....Congrats!

I really am lucky and I don't take it for granted.  But I've worked damn hard to get here.  28 years of working in the hottest of hot and coldest of cold, dodging traffic and dealing with ticks, dogs, black widows and working on top of an 80 ft dam.  Its just time.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That’s awesome! I’m sure that you’ll keep yourself busy.

Drinking beer is def busy work.  But the to do list is long and will take a while.  First thing I have to do is paint a kids bedroom.  Goodbye little girl pink and hello teenage.....off white.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Oh wait...I thought H2O meant now retiring after 50 cicada emergences...not 50 years!!! :lol:

But seriously...congrats on that!

I'm retiring after 50 years of summer cicadas.  50 Broods would put me at Gandalf age and I haven't found a magic elixir that does that yet.  Beer is close.

Thank you!!  Scary and exciting at the same time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Man, that early season heat out west is brutal. I can’t imagine the fire season they may have this year.

just finished a call with my teammates in Omaha.  They will have 105+ temps for a few days.  That will make it tough for the remaining teams in the College World Series. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

That's so very very cool and awesome H20. Congrats on every level. 

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That is so very nice. Happy for you. Now you can take up some of the map posting load from Weather Will.

Thank you both.  The finish line is oh so close.  But the only maps I will make are snowstorm maps, I mean tropical maps with snow for PSU

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just don’t get in any Murtaugh level shenanigans and end up with a bomb under the commode this close to the finish line…

Dude.  you have no idea how many times I have used the police partner just about to retire then gets swiss cheesed on the last call for a break in to my boss.  I told him he best not send me out on one last job where I'm playing frogger or on top of this

IMG_0847 - Copy.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ravensrule said:

That's amazing. I am so jealous. You are a lucky sob. Enjoy retirement. 

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

Congrats at 50!  I was supposed to do that but made a bad decision over 20 years ago.  The crash of 2008 was the pouring of salt in old wounds.

Definitely lucky, enjoy it especially if you're LEO!  You've definitely earned it! :)

Thank you both. It will be a huge change but one that I know will be a positive one

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nj2va said:

That’s what I was thinking too. Gonna be a long season out there unfortunately 

Seems like we're in a seasonal pattern over the last few years in which we see trough west, ridge east in winter and ridge west, trough east in summer.

That might just be recency bias, but it feels like that's generally where we've been for a little while.

• Like 1

I just found out that I am off all three of my jobs tomorrow!  My full time gig has been celebrating June Teenth for a couple of years now.. and the Fed gig is now closed tomorrow.. so I just called out of third one.. I just went from a 19 hour day to 0 hours.. and I am in OCMD for the air show.. shaping up to be a good weekend :)

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 6:19 AM, H2O said:

Exactly 30 days from today I get to do something very few people at my age get to do.

Retire at age 50.  

That's awesome! Congrats! . Definitely takes alot of hard work , smarts, sacrifice and  sound financial decisions over the years to achieve the accomplishment of retiring at 50.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic