• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2021

George BM

Decided to pop open the 2008 vintage WWS. It's more complex, with more dark fruit notes. Alcohol is barely noticeable. Even with a hard pour, hardly any head though. Almost flat. Not sure if that is typical of a 12 yo beer lol. It is tasty, but I like a bit of carbonation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KAOS said:

Are you saying that the furnace (indoor) fan runs even when the AC (outdoor) is not "pumping out cold air"? And why if you turned it off would you not be able to turn it back on? Forgive me if this was already discussed. Assuming the fan is running while the AC is not pumping out cold air, that alone will cause high levels of humidity. The fan needs to cycle with the AC. This gives time for the condensation to run down the indoor coil and drain out of the condensate line. Otherwise you are just re-circulating most the humidity in your house.

1 hour ago, midatlanticweather said:

Ya! Running the fan continuously will put humidity back in the home as it evaporates it off the coils while still inside. This is especially true with all the humidity! @mappy

AC troubles stink! Sorry you are stuck with that challenge and expense. 

Moved this to banter as to not clog obs. It is my understanding that we do have a fan that often runs when the AC is not putting out cold air. I could be wrong however lol 

but yes at the moment we can’t turn the ac off, at least I don’t think do. Not that we would right now. I could be confused. I know we can’t turn on the heat, that I remember the hvac guy saying. 

Just now, vastateofmind said:

WTAF is that? A cooler? A pool filter? A generator engine block? Ewwwwwww.  :) 

It's a skimmer bot for my pool. It collected tons of the little dudes. The pool skimmer itself was also stuffed to the brim. It's a killing field over here. The air is filled with bug sex and death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Moved this to banter as to not clog obs. It is my understanding that we do have a fan that often runs when the AC is not putting out cold air. I could be wrong however lol 

but yes at the moment we can’t turn the ac off, at least I don’t think do. Not that we would right now. I could be confused. I know we can’t turn on the heat, that I remember the hvac guy saying. 

Crap... I think I posted in the wrong thread. It sounds like you could be confused. Anyway, just trying to help out. That's the way we roll in the dena. I'll leave this here...

https://www.cooltoday.com/blog/on-vs.-auto-which-thermostat-setting-is-better-for-your-home

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Freakin’ gross.

45FABC2D-20BF-406C-ACB9-FAD34C5FFD60.thumb.jpeg.fc21b86849a72e9703eb95f502db8582.jpeg

oooo skimmer thing for the pool? do you by chance also have a robot vacuum you can recommend? we've been looking for a highly rated one

7 hours ago, KAOS said:

Crap... I think I posted in the wrong thread. It sounds like you could be confused. Anyway, just trying to help out. That's the way we roll in the dena. I'll leave this here...

https://www.cooltoday.com/blog/on-vs.-auto-which-thermostat-setting-is-better-for-your-home

It wouldnt surprise me if I was confused! Thanks friend!

11 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Ok so quick question … do you have a basement or crawl space? And was your ac out for a bit? Could be that it’s just gonna take some time for the humidity to go back down. From your posts it seems that it is dropping.

we have a basement, and an attic with no real way to get to it. AC circuit board was fried last week following a power surge/outage. Humidity is back up to 66% this morning in the main part of the house, and it dropped throughout the day yesterday, so could just be an overnight thing. I won't be home today to really keep an eye on it. 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

we have a basement, and an attic with no real way to get to it. AC circuit board was fried last week following a power surge/outage. Humidity is back up to 66% this morning in the main part of the house, and it dropped throughout the day yesterday, so could just be an overnight thing. I won't be home today to really keep an eye on it. 

I’d say that once your AC is truly fixed, the humidity issues will dwindle greatly. Hope your problems get fixed soon. 

17 hours ago, mappy said:

You my be right! Some newer units have multi speed fans and run all the time. The slower speeds when not actually doing the cooling! There is a big debate out there on whether to run them all the time or only when the AC or Heat is running. I think it is all about where you live in the country and how humid it is. Good luck!! Hope it goes better the rest of the year! 

19 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’d say that once your AC is truly fixed, the humidity issues will dwindle greatly. Hope your problems get fixed soon. 

8 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

You my be right! Some newer units have multi speed fans and run all the time. The slower speeds when not actually doing the cooling! There is a big debate out there on whether to run them all the time or only when the AC or Heat is running. I think it is all about where you live in the country and how humid it is. Good luck!! Hope it goes better the rest of the year! 

Thanks guys, once the new circuit board comes in and gets hooked up, we should be fine. Appreciate the good vibes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

We leave ours on all of the time for a couple of reasons:  1) air filtration and 2) tapping into the natural cooling of our walk-out basement.  It is a 2014 install and I’ve been very happy with the energy usage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

We leave ours on all of the time for a couple of reasons:  1) air filtration and 2) tapping into the natural cooling of our walk-out basement.  It is a 2014 install and I’ve been very happy with the energy usage.

Yes.. that is good. During super humid times though, this may drive up the humidity in the basement if it is evaporating the condensation off the coils. Probably not as big of a deal up here as it is in Florida from what I have read/seen on videos. You need the dehumidification the coils bring down there. Also, not a great thing to do in the Desert areas where attic vents would blow hot air into the home .. in desert areas the units are, many times, in the attics.. but I have been experimenting with leaving them on as well since the basement is a natural cooler as well.

4 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Going on his own timeframe after doing what he loved to do for 30+ years? Win.

If we could all be so fortunate. Hope all is well over there. :) 

1 hour ago, Rhino16 said:

Seems legit! 

Somehow I don’t think a severe thunderstorm warning covers that kind of wind.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bwjzp4ji01cc9cojzhh

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic