Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter 2021

George BM

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

He knows what he did. Next winter, maybe he will be more bullish on snow possibilities for the area. You did what you had to do to deliver the message. Weenie approved. 

hahahahahahahaha... just doing my part. :lol:

With apologies to Goodfellas:

"Now the guy's got AmWx weenies as a partner. Any problems, he goes to them.. Trouble with the GFS? He can go to AmWx weenies. Trouble with the NAM, the CMC, the Euro, he can call AmWx weenies. But now the guy's gotta come up with AmWx weenies' snow every week no matter what. Dry slot? **** you, where's the snow. Oh, you were two degrees too warm? **** you, where's the snow. Place got hit by a busted Miller B? **** you, where's the snow."

Getting run over in the parking lot is just a love tap, really.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

With apologies to Goodfellas:

Getting run over in the parking lot is just a love tap, really.

to be fair, it would have been his fault had i actually hit him :lol: 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Halfway through the 5 hour HVAC repair guy arrival window. When does he show? Overheated inquiring minds want to know!!

Feel for ya brother.  Just finished prep and painting  master bath in a 4 story townhouse.  Got an email last night from customer that  her upstairs unit quit working . Compressor failed.  It was 91 on the wall thermostat when I finished. Nuts.  Hope you get in fixed soon.

6 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Preach. My parents would open all the windows on 2nd floor and set up a strategic arrangement of box fans in windows in an attempt to "make" a breeze where none existed during the worst of summer heat/humidity. Remember countless nights laying in bed as a kid, NO air moving in the house, sweating my arse off...  :( 

Same here. It's not like I'm *that* old and grew up in a time when everyone fanned themselves and drank lemonade on the porch in the summer, but I did grow up more "working class" so AC was fancy for us!

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

I think my parents got central air in the house somewhere in the mid to late 90s but prior to that my parents bedroom was the only place in the house with a window unit.  So on really hot nights, my 3 siblings and I would sleep in sleeping bags on my parents floor.  Man, ,kids nowadays have it good.  

You're lucky. My parents eventually got a window unit, so they closed their door at night and let the four of us sweat it out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Same here. It's not like I'm *that* old and grew up in a time when everyone fanned themselves and drank lemonade on the porch in the summer, but I did grow up more "working class" so AC was fancy for us!

You're lucky. My parents eventually got a window unit, so they closed their door at night and let the four of us sweat it out.

Not old enough for the lemonade, but we were definitely Kool Aid kids!

• Like 2

What’s this a/c crap?  Now see here, according to some of y’all I’m so old that back in the day the only cool air we could get was the in ground cellar where we kept the big chunks of ice. Didn’t help all my clothes were made of wool. We didn’t have no fancy cotton or Polly Ester brand duds

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

What’s this a/c crap?  Now see here, according to some of y’all I’m so old that back in the day the only cool air we could get was the in ground cellar where we kept the big chunks of ice. Didn’t help all my clothes were made of wool. We didn’t have no fancy cotton or Polly Ester brand duds

Ma and Pa were terrible to you 

• Like 2

So. Had numerous friends recommend over the past two months to subscribe to HBO Max (like we need to subscribe to one more streamer), even if on a temporary basis, just to watch "Mare of Easttown" with Kate Winslet. So we did...and WOW. What an incredible series, that perfectly captures the slice of life that can be southcentral/southeastern PA. Best thing I've seen in decades. Great story, incredible cast, with a few major (and mostly unforeseen) plot twists thrown in at the end. Ms. Winslet is sublime...too many people want to define her by Titanic, which is criminally unfair to her and her talent.

So. Like several of our friends, I'll recommend to you -- even if you don't want to shell out for HBO Max for the long-term, do it for just one month to watch this show. Excellent stuff. Of course, now that we HAVE HBO Max, we're sticking around for Chernobyl, Hacks, to catch up on Big Love and other older series, etc, etc.  :) 

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Ha!  We grew potatoes in our ground cellar...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic