Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Well....some of the NoVA crew are talking about a mini GTG toward the end of June. Think about making a special guest star appearance, and we'll bring you as much, and as many varieties, of hard seltzer that you want.  :) 

That’s so far away tho lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Good stuff today. Drove down to the Marlborough/East Hampton to chase the cell. Ended up encountering torrential rain and flash flooding so I had to pull off for a bit. Caught small hail accumulation on the way back. Terrain is awful in CT for a chase but you make it work. 

4pbXUTJ.jpg

91kLR8I.jpg

AIinwcm.jpg

p69pWeN.jpg

3N9IwyB.jpg

Got a good local chase in today. 

• Like 7

Not the hail, but we have been absolutely inundated with rain since at least late April down here in south central Texas!

If this trans ridge weakness showing up on all the guidance hangs around, we could be talking 2007 all over again! I remember visiting Austin in summer 2007 and seeing 8 foot high weeds along some roadsides! We have been getting tons of storms and heavy rains and many cancelled outdoor games for weeks on end!

This is NOT normal down here, not at all.

Our gardens are putting out mass amounts of tomatoes, beans, peas, cucumbers, squash! We're having trouble keepin up with it! I saved and nurtured 63 tomato plant seedlings from our greenhouse. Now they are busting the cap and getting very big! Its a green forest out there and I am running out of large pots to put them in!

The soils are completely saturated. If we should get hit by so much as a tropical depression from the Gom, it could be catastrophic.

• Like 3

I feel terrible today. I received my second vaccine on Wednesday, and my right shoulder is sore, but also the right side of my neck. I wasn’t able to sleep much at all. Did anyone else feel similarly?

edit: got an hour or two of sleep and feel somewhat better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Cicadas are loud at the park in Timonium about time lol. The Jeep slayed several on the way up, plenty of wiper fluid haha. Anyway, I will be working with Mappy come Monday:)Time to study up 

Congrats!

So which one of you is going to make our pathetic MA snowfall map for last winter?

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Cicadas are loud at the park in Timonium about time lol. The Jeep slayed several on the way up, plenty of wiper fluid haha. Anyway, I will be working with Mappy come Monday:)Time to study up 

Seems to be a regional phenomenon.

Here in NYC, despite 90+ degree weather, I've yet to hear one, much less a multitude. Am still hoping, but fear a cicada bust, if there is such a thing.

10 minutes ago, etudiant said:

Seems to be a regional phenomenon.

Here in NYC, despite 90+ degree weather, I've yet to hear one, much less a multitude. Am still hoping, but fear a cicada bust, if there is such a thing.

Oh, there are Brood X cicadas in New York State and New Jersey and Pennsylvania.  Just get out of the city to places with tall trees.

I have been watching two, possibly three Great Crested Flycatchers IMBY. I've never noticed them here before but they look and act exactly as described. Two of them are periodically sitting still in an open spot in the garden with their mouths open (looking adorable) then quickly back to trees. Plenty of woodpeckers around here so maybe they have found a tree cavity to call home.

Incredible year to be an insectivore in the MA.

Otherwise: hot

Edit: please note I get this is not a rare species. also, I think fighting is breaking out.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Fun times with a busted A/C. Repair guy comes tomorrow. Fingers crossed for an easy and cheap fix. Parts are all still under warranty.

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

Try replacing the filter. We did here, now the AC is freezing us pretty good lol

I might know a guy. Comes highly recommended. Cash only.

67d7875f61c460067e92794dfc077720.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Fun times with a busted A/C. Repair guy comes tomorrow. Fingers crossed for an easy and cheap fix. Parts are all still under warranty.

Oh no. Sorry friend! Hope it gets fixed ASAP

On 6/5/2021 at 5:45 PM, Baltimorewx said:

Yay to your first day! Will see you after you go through your orientation with HR :) 

10 hours ago, mattie g said:

Would take me back to my childhood with no AC, except I’d be FAR more miserable now than I was back then!

Preach. My parents would open all the windows on 2nd floor and set up a strategic arrangement of box fans in windows in an attempt to "make" a breeze where none existed during the worst of summer heat/humidity. Remember countless nights laying in bed as a kid, NO air moving in the house, sweating my arse off...  :( 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Preach. My parents would open all the windows on 2nd floor and set up a strategic arrangement of box fans in windows in an attempt to "make" a breeze where none existed during the worst of summer heat/humidity. Remember countless nights laying in bed as a kid, NO air moving in the house, sweating my arse off...  :( 

I think my parents got central air in the house somewhere in the mid to late 90s but prior to that my parents bedroom was the only place in the house with a window unit.  So on really hot nights, my 3 siblings and I would sleep in sleeping bags on my parents floor.  Man, ,kids nowadays have it good.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Me too!  I also remember the many times when a storm rolled in overnight and blew the fan out of the window...scared the crap out of me every time. 

The fire station siren at 2:00 am was also pleasant. 

Funny thing is, my mother still has no central air....just 2 window units. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic