Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter 2021

George BM

20 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I hear you on that, Mappy!  I feel the same with my daughter...she graduates high school this Friday.  No longer little anymore! :(

Congrats!  My son graduates tonight...with 2 out of 3 now done high school, it will be a very quite house in a few years, unless the older ones are still at home paying off college loan debt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mappy said:

Congrats to her! I've still got 10 years before that happens hahahahaha 

7 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Congrats!  My son graduates tonight...with 2 out of 3 now done high school, it will be a very quite house in a few years, unless the older ones are still at home paying off college loan debt. 

Many thanks to you both!  Yeah, it will be strange with her gone (she will be going to U. MD starting this fall!).  Ugh...college loans and paying for that, I've been navigating all that myself lately!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Interstate said:

This made my day.

I'm so glad...it makes mine, too, whenever I stumble across it, because I hate that whiny, bald-headed a**hole. Whoever thought that kid...not to mention his pliable, idiotically indulgent parents...would be a good role model(s) for anyone??

On a semi-related note, when I pulled that Caillou clip this morning, I ran across some "Bananas In Pyjamas" GIFs. Forgot ALL about that little slice of heaven. The Aussies that came up with that concept must've partook in some powerful grass from the Outback...

Congratulations, @Always in Zugzwang and @toolsheds, on your daughter and son (respectively) graduating high school! We just had the local high school's "graduation parade" go through our neighborhood...and as with that crew, I'm sure it hasn't been easy fo you all to navigate the last year or two of HS with your kids during the pandemic. Wishing the very best for both of them going forward...  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Congratulations, @Always in Zugzwang and @toolsheds, on your daughter and son (respectively) graduating high school! We just had the local high school's "graduation parade" go through our neighborhood...and as with that crew, I'm sure it hasn't been easy fo you all to navigate the last year or two of HS with your kids during the pandemic. Wishing the very best for both of them going forward...  :) 

Thank you!!  Yes, a highly unusual year or so for certain.  I'm glad that she was able to at least go back part of the time starting in April and see some of her classmates.  And the graduation is outdoors tomorrow at the school stadium...hopefully any showers or storms will be more in the afternoon (though they have "rain dates" of Friday evening and Saturday morning)!

Anyone ever get a severe rash from taking an antibiotic? I told the doc I didn't have any allergic reactions that I knew of, but then I have not taken a antibiotic since I was a kid. Now I have been prescribed prednisone, which I have never taken. Can't wait to see what awful side effects I get from that. Might just wait this out another day now that the amoxicillin is out of my system.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Anyone ever get a severe rash from taking an antibiotic? I told the doc I didn't have any allergic reactions that I knew of, but then I have not taken a antibiotic since I was a kid. Now I have been prescribed prednisone, which I have never taken. Can't wait to see what awful side effects I get from that. Might just wait this out another day now that the amoxicillin is out of my system.

I’ve heard amoxicillin is a strong one and can cause issues. I’ve taken prednisone for poison ivy and I never got so many chores done. That stuff is fantastic except for the weight gain if you’re not careful.

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I’ve heard amoxicillin is a strong one and can cause issues. I’ve taken prednisone for poison ivy and I never got so many chores done. That stuff is fantastic except for the weight gain if you’re not careful.

How long did you take it? This is 12 days- 40mg for 3 days, then 30 for 3, 20 for3, then 10 for 3.

I am allergic to poison ivy/oak too. Had a pretty bad case of it years ago, but just stuck it out using topical stuff and letting it weep. I nuke that shit with brush killer if I see it growing anywhere near the house now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Some individuals do break out in a rash or hives while taking amoxicillin. The steroids should make you feel fabulous (until the second or third day after you stop taking the steroids)

Unless you have serious problems Do not stop taking the Prednisone ,(adrenal glands need you finish with a taper off the med).  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic