Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

EPS and GEFS suggest the front will clear in time for a nice weekend, esp Sunday. No guarantee though, given the setup. GFS and CMC op runs both dig the h5 energy further west and close it off, then bring it east later, so we stay on the active side with rain chances into next weekend. Euro op doesn't dig it as much or as far west and the dry/cooler air gets here quicker.

WPC trending wetter 

p168i.gif?1624823568

• Like 1

I just don’t see any lengthy heat surge in July.  This high plains High pressure has visited us 3 times and really has not yet moved southeast and set up as a Bermuda high. It’s going to be quite hot thru Wednesday and then another round of 80-85 highs and 50’s and 60’s lows thru July 4th.

For DC if the scorching pattern has not set up by July 4th then it infrequently does 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@CAPE says, “No, my lawn is dying.”

But, @CAPE says, “Yes, my mosquito pond is thriving.”

Lawn is hanging in there. The heat this week will provide a crucial test of its durability.

No mosquitos at all. "Bog" dried up on schedule, like the days when we used to have normal weather.

• Like 1

For late week/weekend, GFS still has a closed ULL that slowly moves eastward, while the Euro has an open trough that is more progressive. GEFS looks more like the EPS/Euro op. 

If the GFS is more correct, the weekend would feature a continuation of showers and remain on the humid side.

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There should be plenty of water for the weeds after the lawns all fry over the next few days.

Euro took a small step toward a slower more cutoff solution. Digs more at 500 and pops a surface low near NYC. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic