Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Meanwhile, just an absolutely beautiful evening here. Lots of fireflies tonight too.

Yes most of season tonight, I look at same spot for 10 seconds and count and pause 10 sec then repeat two more time.  I got 13, 8 and 12 twinkles in each time span .

Area I'm looking at is about 8x8’ and I’m  30 feet away

Looking at the longer term, guidance is in decent agreement with the slow moving front getting close by late Wed, then perhaps stalling over our area into next weekend. With multiple perturbations moving through late week, rain chances increase, and there is a possible closed low in the picture for next weekend. It could be a pretty wet period, and the holiday weekend might not feature ideal weather if that closed low idea is correct. GFS is the most aggressive moving that feature through.

I see Mt Holly mentioned it in their AM disco, but they weren't necessarily buying it lol.

Some guidance (GFS/HRRR) develops some convection this morning in Delmarva and southward, where stronger differential heating may occur from the retreating low cloud deck (and also potential influence from developing sea/bay breezes). However, this seems overdone given the existing pattern, particularly given the lack of a stronger larger-scale lifting mechanism.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic