Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

37 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Seems like we're in a seasonal pattern over the last few years in which we see trough west, ridge east in winter and ridge west, trough east in summer.

That might just be recency bias, but it feels like that's generally where we've been for a little while.

With how severe the drought is out west and with the ridge being favored in that area at least through much of the month, I wonder if we see a bit of a feedback loop this summer with the drought out west allowing for quicker heating during the day leading to stronger ridges out there and more troughing in the east? Just a thought that I've pondered lately. I mean obviously there will occasionally be an eastern ridge and a western trough this summer. I'm probably thinking too simply. 

• Like 1

Currently 73/41 at IAD. G------- :blink:

It's simply g------- :unsure:

What a g------- :wacko:

It seems that that G-word has been used too much for this board's software to handle. But I think you all know what I was trying to say. 

Actually, how about this other g-word that's been used slightly less. Glorious... Hey it wasn't cut out! :thumbsup:

Let's try this again.

Currently... well now 73/40 at IAD. It's simply glorious. :D

• Like 1

Looking warmer and progressively more humid beginning Saturday, with multiple chances of showers and T-storms through Tuesday via 2 frontal passages, and a few impulses moving along the stalled boundary that looks to set up to our south by early Sunday. Currently looks like any tropical remnants will pass to our SE. There is a chance of at least a few strong storms Sat with the front, and then ultimately the cold frontal passage early next week, depending on the timing. Behind that front it looks like we are in for another spectacular few days almost identical to what we are experiencing now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Dying sprinkles.  Lol.  Going to get a head start and go ahead and record another 0  for the day.  

Now 1.73" for the past 47 days.  Grass is complete cinder and trees are wilting and dropping leaves.  Watering plants nearly daily.

Looks like you moved from one downsloping/rain shadow area to another. You should have headed a bit further west lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Looks like you moved from one downsloping/rain shadow area to another. You should have headed a bit further west lol.

Idk.  Maybe its just bad luck.  Nothing too imposing to my west to cause this.  Last summer the same thing happened.  Storms split and go around me.  Other times of the year it doesn't seem to be a problem.  Not like stephens city where it was always dry.

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Start losing daylight tomorrow. Winter is Coming.

I'm planting a second round of sweet corn this evening. This stand will be at least a foot shorter at harvest time then the one I planted this spring. The ears will be about the same size so that's what really matters. The difference in day length really effects corn.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic