Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

On 6/10/2021 at 9:03 PM, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not sure if the ground truth is reality but that area just north of Winchester has been pounded for hours on end.

I live in culpeper and it in fact it ended with 8-10 inches. Countless roads gone and one bridge collapse. Numerous swift water rescues due to ignorant people. The water rise was so quick it was mind blowing.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That was a pretty awesome storm(s) yesterday! (and more rain today? Wow) The certain direction the wind was driving rain somehow felt quasi-tropical! As it stormed I sat down and played a stormy Beethoven :lol: I'll typically play a storm-themed piece on rainy days...usually either Beethoven's "Tempest" or Chopin's "Raindrop" prelude...nice afternoon!

Tropical?

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b3uapn0bm4xu4cja5ec

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

How's it feel up there? Little cooler, hopefully slightly less humid? Temps holding in high 60s here right now, but it's still pretty sticky.

It was between 60-61 all day today with some drizzle and areas of fog. Not humid though. Tomorrow looks like a stunner! Heading on the lake for sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

At work, so no idea how much has fell, but 3 separate downpours about 20-30 minutes each have come thru this afternoon and evening. Still raining, but not at 100 foot visibility levels as earlier lol. 

Home and eyeballing the CoCoRaHS looks in the 1.5-1.8 inches range. I was already heading towards 4 inches for the month before today. Saw a few 4-6 inch reports in the Lynchburg area today, just today... mudslide report or two and evacuations of homes/apartments ongoing there. 

22 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That was a pretty awesome storm(s) yesterday! (and more rain today? Wow) The certain direction the wind was driving rain somehow felt quasi-tropical! As it stormed I sat down and played a stormy Beethoven :lol: I'll typically play a storm-themed piece on rainy days...usually either Beethoven's "Tempest" or Chopin's "Raindrop" prelude...nice afternoon!

For thunderstorms it's hard to beat Cloudburst in Grand Canyon Suite!

Looks like we could see a decent shot of rain with the frontal passage late Mon into Tues, but have to watch this trailing shortwave dropping in. GFS wants to pop a coastal low in response to that. As of now it looks to stay mostly south, and we get into a really nice air mass mid week into the weekend.

gfs_z500_vort_eus_15.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

76 with partly cloudy skies here in McHenry. Pretty perfect day to be on the lake. 

got a bunch of landscaping, etc done this morning too. Lots of my perennials just don’t like to come back here…I guess it’s the rocky soil. 

THAT sounds heavenly...sounds like it would be a good firepit night out there tonight, if you have one! Cleared out completely here by mid afternoon, has been in the 77-79 degree range since then. Pretty nice end of the day...although not dry enough to mow the (very high and clover-y) front and back lawn...but tomorrow's another day.  :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Picked up a another whopping .13" from yet another DOA storm.  Absolutely amazing watching it approach and then completely die as soon as it got to me and the N part remain strong and soak those parched areas of Frederick County that only received 3 to 9 inches of rain 2 days ago.

David Byrne says you’re cursed.

image.jpeg.309a7286b3b8a03548e2a581240d99a0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

A couple days ago it looked great this weekend and all this week. Now it 2 days then back to swamp. Reminds me of our great patterns during winter lol.

I’m right there w you. The wx pattern we’ve been in the last 2-3 yrs has been nothing short of horse shit. I’m ready for dry as a bone conditions for a month. I’ll water my garden. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

A couple days ago it looked great this weekend and all this week. Now it 2 days then back to swamp. Reminds me of our great patterns during winter lol.

There were always 2 fronts advertised to come through- one tonight, and the stronger one tomorrow night. Even with that it has been fine here today, although it clouded up this afternoon. Upper 70s.. and yesterday was beautiful once it cleared up late morning. The nicest stretch will be after the second front clears Tuesday AM. Tues through Thursday should be within a degree or 2 of 80, with low dews. Friday will warm a bit ahead of the next front, but still be comfortable in the mid 80s with slightly higher humidity. Looks like Sat may approach 90. Pretty nice 5-6 day stretch around these parts for mid June.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic