Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Today has a good chance at being my lowest solar production for a June day ever. Very anomalous to have such low thick stratus all day in summer.

You know what low clouds also help with?  Not needing the a/c today

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

Kids just told me how much it’s rained at home and I’m stunned 

2.06” for the day. 2.36” since yesterday

1. only just realized my weather station was finally connected back to wunderground and davis oops

2. damn. i have only see .47 the last two days (.03 yesterday, .44 today)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

1. only just realized my weather station was finally connected back to wunderground and davis oops

2. damn. i have only see .47 the last two days (.03 yesterday, .44 today)

1. Better hope the cicadas don’t chew on the solar panel like they did your cable

2. For the month I have 2.87” so most of my rain came since last night. This rain is feast or famine

I mowed my lawn before this rain (pats self on back) but there was a dead animal smell. I looked and didn't see any birds or squirrels. Could it have been dead cicadas? They are protein rich after all. It was generalized and not just in one specific area, too.

Flooded cars are never right again.  The longer the water is in the system the worse!  If the air filter is dripping wet you're going to have engine problems.  Water is always bad on top of an engine.  Flood water contains a nasty assay of unknowns.  Not as bad as sea water but still long after things are dried every connector, contact, etc. will be tainted.  Things start acting squirrely months sometimes years after the incident like power windows not working, dash indicators flashing, a/c not working with defrost cycle, power locks, phantom battery drain, you name it!  And what a PIA it is to track it down.  This is why I'd never buy a vehicle with flood damage salvage on its title UNLESS it was a project car that was going to be field stripped to the frame.

1 hour ago, coolio said:

I mowed my lawn before this rain (pats self on back) but there was a dead animal smell. I looked and didn't see any birds or squirrels. Could it have been dead cicadas? They are protein rich after all. It was generalized and not just in one specific area, too.

I’m convinced that stench of death is the dead cicadas. I smell that putrid smell everywhere when walking in the woods. It started shortly after the insect onslaught. 

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

Illustrates the epic screw job nicely.  Thanks.

lol

Its a great site. Pretty darn accurate. Had my yard dead on with my rain gauge. Super hi res. I zoomed way in on my area and could see how the gradient went from about 1.5 to 2.5 inches from my driveway up the road a mile or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

lol

Its a great site. Pretty darn accurate. Had my yard dead on with my rain gauge. Super hi res. I zoomed way in on my area and could see how the gradient went from about 1.5 to 2.5 inches from my driveway up the road a mile or so.

It really is a great tool.   Matched my obs.  I could have recorded 50% more rain had i just located my house on the east side of the property.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic