Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

8 minutes ago, southmdwatcher said:

Some serious rainfall totals are going to start building up in Charles, St. Mary's, King George, and Stafford counties. Southwestern Charles County with 3-4 inches in the past hour and still going.

I wonder if that batch of rain will craw NE and hold together. Short range models hint at it.

Looks like the heaviest rain is going to set up over parts of Northern Virginia that got crushed yesterday, and maybe even get into DC. Doesn't look like we will see any of that action up this way, but had some steady to heavy rain this morning, which is way more than I got yesterday.

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

For all the euro bashing, it seems to be all coming together.  I'm sorry for the southern flooding but really glad that boundary isn't over me.

I’m over 2” since yesterday and seems like more to come. Yesterday’s NAM blew chunks for today.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

For all the euro bashing, it seems to be all coming together.  I'm sorry for the southern flooding but really glad that boundary isn't over me.

Euro has done fine. The nature of the airmass/weak steering flow the prior days was such that no global model was going to perfectly nail the locations that were deluged. It has actually been darn near spot on for my yard though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronTy said:

For crying out loud.  What does it take to get a day with DFN like this and monsoon precip in January?   It happens all the time in summer anymore.  

It would just look pretty much the same, but no green. Early Feb a couple years back.

wet.jpg.c6d89112e0037d1a80cc7ec6f3d4d4dc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic