Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2021 Discussion/Obs

CAPE

59 minutes ago, H2O said:

Decent downpour from that little line.  

Can confirm. Lots more lightning/thunder than yesterday afternoon, too. Sun coming back out now -- based on the LWX disco, sounds like we gradually clear out from here and we're done with storms for the afternoon? Watch box is currently only for SE of us...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looking ahead, ens means still have the upper ridge building more westward towards and beyond mid month, with average to perhaps slightly below average temps for the MA.

gfs-ens_z500aMean_namer_8.png

Seems like the LR GFS was hinting at backdoor fronts 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

I'll have the sprinkler on before the weekend is out.

Yeah, the two downpours we've had this week in these parts haven't done anything to alleviate the brown stripes through the middle of MBY. But honestly, I hate to see similar (or worse) damage done in your beautiful back (side?) yard. You have such a great summer entertainment space.  :( 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah, the two downpours we've had this week in these parts haven't done anything to alleviate the brown stripes through the middle of MBY. But honestly, I hate to see similar (or worse) damage done in your beautiful back (side?) yard. You have such a great summer entertainment space.  :( 

It gets hostile here for grass as we approach the solstice, regardless of how much rain falls. Last Spring/Summer was a perfect example. Ton of rain for consecutive months and still dead in the end. Now I did (as always) reseed in the Fall and used a supposed summer blend that is more heat tolerant, plus I have fertilized per the recommendations. I shall see shortly if it makes a difference.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s a sauna outside. I cut the grass and I’m soaked. Those dews haven’t done crap to the surface.

My doc said to stay out of the heat/ sun for a few days with the rash. Took my first dose of prednisone(60mg) and drinking a 90 min IPA.

Feeling much better already. B)

• Like 1

If the GFS is correct a series of upper level vorticity impulses will begin to impinge on the ridge beginning Tuesday, and with chances of convection and more clouds around, it will be plenty humid but not as hot. It tries to push a front through midweek, so  Sunday and Monday would be the hottest days w/temps into the 90s most places, then dropping back mostly into the 80s and possibly upper 70s depending on the amount of clouds and timing of any convection. A stronger disturbance is advertised to move through by the end of the week by both the GFS and CMC, which could bring a more significant rain and much cooler temps by next weekend.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Hope that verifies!
I'd go even as far to say it would be cool to have a year without a summer! :Q

I HATE heat, but that said, a couple weeks of mid 80's and DECENT DP's (NOT 77-80!) are OK for a 'summer'. The 90-96 temps with crazy DP's and sauna like conditions need to stay where they belong, in the deep south. A GREAT summer is 75-82 temps with 50/60's DP's and dropping back into the 55-60 temp range overnight. I'd like cooler but know that is asking a bit much in the MA area. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I HATE heat, but that said, a couple weeks of mid 80's and DECENT DP's (NOT 77-80!) are OK for a 'summer'. The 90-96 temps with crazy DP's and sauna like conditions need to stay where they belong, in the deep south. A GREAT summer is 75-82 temps with 50/60's DP's and dropping back into the 55-60 temp range overnight. I'd like cooler but know that is asking a bit much in the MA area. 

What you described as a "great summer" has never happened in my 42 years of life in the DC area lol. Maybe the mountains but not here. 

91 with a bit of a breeze. My young sweetcorn stand is liking it.

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

What you described as a "great summer" has never happened in my 42 years of life in the DC area lol. Maybe the mountains but not here. 

Yeah, not happening in this region outside of western MD and that area south into the high spots of WV.  But we can dream at least.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dailylurker said:

2014 was awesome. I think lol.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Euro looks pretty wet across the region from mid week into the weekend, with multiple bouts of convection, frontal passage, then perhaps a low forming on the stalled front to the south heading into the weekend. Some 2-3"+ totals.

Pretty strong EPS signal at this lead for a (nontropical) low to form along the front. Too bad the SSTs off the coast are frigid up this way lol. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic