• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TorontoWx
    Newest Member
    TorontoWx
Met Summer Banter

52 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Best bet is to remain at home and be safe. I would also suggest disabling your Internet connection to avoid the increasingly severe cyber attacks we are seeing.

Might as well wear a mask and gloves while doing all that along with keeping 10 antivirus applications running. 

I think Fauci gonna say Norton can protect you against covid?

my Apple smart phone is unrelenting ... I have indicated negative, yet it keeps posting me to install a free app with the ability inform me when/if I have been exposed to COVID.

This is what drives intelligent folk to distraction .. a distraction where's harms public/social/economic trust -

- cloaked in deception of protecting you?   If some app can warn you, it in fact also knows where YOU are, and probably infers what you are doing -  perhaps the real intent.

The only thing that got rid of it was allowing the occasional OS upgrade run - we'll see if it pops up again.

The odd thing, it's like humanity - industrial world - kinda needs something like that ?  It does.  It's scary to have to admit, but part of the darkness of humanity isn't any over arcing agency's social engineering ploys. It is that realistically, there is a ballast of population, en masse, now big enough to bring it all down. These cannot be reached with reason and logic; their fu'ked up lunacy and etho-chambered shit for brains actions    ugh 

Talks about society arriving between a rock and hard place.   I don't wanna be monitored, but I also don't wanna be a casualty of some intrinsic or endemic threat to civility, either. 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What? He gave up 2 earned runs last 2 starts. You just can't make stuff up. Congrats on the World Series

He started the season with 78 Ks and 3 BBs. Since then 48/14 including this game. Still good, but not otherworldly. 

In the last 2 innings I have not seen one call or act of motion not end up in favor of the Sox.

I've liked baseball for the better part of 25 years.  I am not an every game and pitch within fanatic, no - but I am usually aware of standings and who won - and do watch a lot of innings over the course of a season.

So tfwiw - I have never seen a Yankees team be this ineffectual against a Sox team - and the 'early in the season' mantra is losing footing as we near the 4th because mid season .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I wonder what it feels like to put a match to 324 million dollars?

He’s still an ace pitcher but I mean, hand a guy a contract worth a third of a billion dollars and get him on the mound to avoid a sweep at the hands of your bitter rivals… and that’s what happens. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He’s still an ace pitcher but I mean, hand a guy a contract worth a third of a billion dollars and get him on the mound to avoid a sweep at the hands of your bitter rivals… and that’s what happens. 

I'm not sure he still is an ace . He has one of the biggest declines in spin rates since the new rules. At least the Red Sox only wasted 10 million on Richards.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There we go ...

That guy that looks like a Cyborg terminator swings his bat and Jupiter's orbit wiggles but at least they got him.

We are all definitely losing this game from so much trash talk in the 5th inning :lol:Third time through for E-Rod can get sloppy.  But if Cora puts Matt Andreise out there and it’ll get close in a hurry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I'm not sure he still is an ace . He has one of the biggest declines in spin rates since the new rules. At least the Red Sox only wasted 10 million on Richards.

It’s all about those spin rates baby ..and it is a BIG Deal . Watch the pitchers with double digit percent decline on Spin rates and watch the stats unravel . There is some luck with pitching so it may take a few starts if someone is getting lucky with balls hit hard for outs .

I love the pitcher tantrums 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s all about those spin rates baby ..and it is a BIG Deal . Watch the pitchers with double digit percent decline on Spin rates and watch the stats unravel . There is some luck with pitching so it may take a few starts if someone is getting lucky with balls hit hard for outs .

Garrett Richards on the Sox sounds like he’s about to retire after his next start over this, ha.  He’s like “I’m not a major league pitcher without some sticky shit on my hand.  Have literally no idea where the ball’s going.  Glad I made it this far before the crackdown started.”

It is pretty funny, can tell who’s a legit pitcher and who’s not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

There was one guy who had a 3800 spin rate, something ridiculous, his slider would start out on the outer part of the plate and almost hit the batter in the shin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Sydney, a city of about 5.4 million people, is going back on a strict lockdown over 100 cases.

People should be much more frightened of the government’s willingness to do this for such a small threat than they are of the virus. 

Good for them, no real death count over there

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Garrett Richards on the Sox sounds like he’s about to retire after his next start over this, ha.  He’s like “I’m not a major league pitcher without some sticky shit on my hand.  Have literally no idea where the ball’s going.  Glad I made it this far before the crackdown started.”

It is pretty funny, can tell who’s a legit pitcher and who’s not.

If i was him i would be embarrassed. I would never admit that. Hes like desperate and wants people to feel sorry for him. 

He gonna need to go back down to minors and learn to use the seams lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Whats the point of living 1/3 of life. I rather not live at all. 

I would feel like an animal stuck in a cage 

The safety of my loved ones and family (who I still get to see during quarantine) are much more important than my personal freedom during a 1 year pandemic. Small price to pay to protect those you love. The reward is the time you get with them once this ends. Seems like a small sacrifice to me. 

36 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Whats the point of living 1/3 of life. I rather not live at all. 

I would feel like an animal stuck in a cage 

yeah, I mean not being able to dine-in at applebees for a couple weeks is just brutal.  it's a human rights violation.  worse than gitmo.  worse than abu gharib.  the only thing that would make it worse is being asked to wear a mask.

4 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

yeah, I mean not being able to dine-in at applebees for a couple weeks is just brutal.  it's a human rights violation.  worse than gitmo.  worse than abu gharib.  the only thing that would make it worse is being asked to wear a mask.

Couple of weeks then another couple of weeks. Then a month then another month. 2021 then 2022. Hey whats another year

So, Yellowstone, definitely not overrated. Crowds weren’t as bad as I thought they would be until we went to Old Faithful today and even then you could go out into the Geyser Basins away from the Lodge and Visitor Center and not be crushed with people. Northwest Wyoming and the little bit of Montana we’ve been in is spectacular. Tomorrow we start the trip back east by way of Grand Teton. 

99AE8746-022A-4DBA-80E1-73F9D3F772FA.jpeg

9D8FD2FE-3042-4DB8-95C3-975BBA28D687.jpeg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The safety of my loved ones and family (who I still get to see during quarantine) are much more important than my personal freedom during a 1 year pandemic. Small price to pay to protect those you love. The reward is the time you get with them once this ends. Seems like a small sacrifice to me. 

Covid is never going away. Hate to be a downer but its never gonna be rainbow and butterflies again. Its just another way you can die getting out of bed in the morning

your-odds-of-dying-life-insurance-infographic.png

• Like 1