Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,915
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect
    Joined

Met Summer Banter


 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Cam released… Mac time!

 

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Flabbergasted but I probably shouldn’t be. It’s the right move 

 

Just now, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

Lol.  This was a column in the Boston Globe this morning

image.png.a9856624ab546163970a897afbcd0995.png

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

I was actually hoping that Bill was going to do the right thing and he did, Mac has looked good out there with mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers and he has the respect of the veterans already too, Quite sure they approached Cam to be the backup and he rejected it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

Bill gave the frolicked locker-room jocularity bid it's go in 2020 ... It's not a tact he likes or probably more like 'respects' very much, being apropos.

Then COVID and other BS interceded and though he's a well education very rational guy, he is human ... ( not the emperor in 'Jedi), and his bias against the former ways and means of team management, having a short rope, my hunch he was itching for it anyway. 

So, he wants to get back to the model that he's use to winning with - a Gestapo camp, where the personnel on the field are too terrified of stepping out side the machinery of the system.  What better way to do that than to can the 'cool guy.' The specter of the most popular guy in the locker-room, walking for the exit, chin down.  It's got an upside in his mind  - he gets to play the shrewd inside mogul, while in reality he's done with the shenanigans.  Win win, as he feels the tangible AND intangible favors winning.

Hey, it worked before - right ? 

Sorta -

I mean, TB leaving, and then summarily, the organization puts up a barely audible above 500 year and fails the playoff cut isn't a great look. Meanwhile said QB saunters on down to TB ( no pun intended ...) and oh by the way, throws another trophy up on his legacy and brings TB back to discussion for a few years.  

But hey, COVID got in the way ... maybe.  And once is not a valid sample set ...Bill gets to "hide" behind that by accident or design.

In the meantime, Jones scored on every single drive he Quarterbacked during the preseason.  Every      one.    Be it a TD or FG, he scored.  Cam did not do this.  What he did do, is jeopardize the organization with a COVID scare, after he already jeopardized the organization last year, ...with a COVID scare.   That too, is/was not a good look.  And the human side of the espouse master strategist maaaybe just sort of go pissed off at the guy, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Absolutely…. Availability is sometimes your best ability 

 

44 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Cam had no arm . He is a QB

 

I got no issues with this move .

Cam already fooked up when he had covid last year, Then this, Plain and simple, He sucked, Look at his preseason stats, Then look up Mac's, Jones was 8-8 on drives that either resulted in TD's or FG's and mainly with 2nd and 3rd stringers, Now he has the reigns with the starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kdxken said:

1834 no snow until Xmas eve. Cold start to 1835...

magic.jpg

BOS has some obs going back to 1821. The old forms are on here, but half of the comments I can't even read. It'd be cool to compare your notes with the BOS numbers.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html?_page=2&state=MA&foreign=false&stationID=190770&_target3=Next+>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dendrite said:

BOS has some obs going back to 1821. The old forms are on here, but half of the comments I can't even read. It'd be cool to compare your notes with the BOS numbers.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html?_page=2&state=MA&foreign=false&stationID=190770&_target3=Next+>

Thanks! Not sure I buy the mercury at 22 below to start 1835.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Thanks! Not sure I buy the mercury at 22 below to start 1835.

Great-great-great-great grandpa Wood told everyone in town that there was no way the storm could cut with that cold high pressure in place.

End result in Goffstown, NH...

https://books.google.com/books/content?id=eXIUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA555&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U3DvgGTF6IaHQpfQK7NSSf4bKyC1A&ci=18%2C671%2C872%2C130&edge=0

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Thanks! Not sure I buy the mercury at 22 below to start 1835.

I can believe that if it’s during that time. The 1810s-1830s were brutally cold here with the little data we do have. We were getting a ton of volcanic activity (including Tambora) aiding things and probably the decadal cycles helped too. Temps actually rose quite a bit from 1830s to 1880s before falling again toward the 1910s and then rising hugely in through the early 1950s (and then briefly cooling again in the 1960s/1970s). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I can believe that if it’s during that time. The 1810s-1830s were brutally cold here with the little data we do have. We were getting a ton of volcanic activity (including Tambora) aiding things and probably the decadal cycles helped too. Temps actually rose quite a bit from 1830s to 1880s before falling again toward the 1910s and then rising hugely in through the early 1950s (and then briefly cooling again in the 1960s/1970s). 

Could be , he doesn't sound like one to exaggerate. The low for 1834 was 6 below by his records.

 

lying.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

I tried experimenting last year with gummies. Started at 10mg, which did almost nothing, then went to 20mg then 30mg one night. that was a mistake as I had bad anxiety the rest of the night. Now 20mg in combo with a few drinks and I was laughing my ass off at my friend this summer as he was rambling on about some story. I busted out laughing and told him to stop talking as in my small euphoria, it seemed like his talking would never end. I'd like to get to the happy feeling with just gummies alone, but the amount it would take would bring on bad anxiety instead. For some reason, the alcohol, in combo got where I wanted to be, but I'm not doing that very often.

I bought some gummies supposedly for pain and had wicked anxiety, I took just one gummy so that was the end of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ekersley just lost it. 
 

“…This seasons over; you can’t be 10 games out on Sept 1!” tone to match disgust

What a shame 

Red Sox were numero uno a month or whatever ago and now they’re fighting to hold onto a wild card spot and slipping …

They got a bunch out on COVID.  

But also their pitching shit it’s self. They could just end up in a hole too deep to even recover from even if they get hot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ekersley just lost it. 
 

“…This seasons over; you can’t be 10 games out on Sept 1!” tone to match disgust

What a shame 

Red Sox were numero uno a month or whatever ago and now they’re fighting to hold onto a wild card spot and slipping …

They got a bunch out on COVID.  

But also their pitching shit it’s self. They could just end up in a hole too deep to even recover from even if they get hot

Yeah it’s a Wild Card race now.  I think 6-7 players out positive with COVID now?  Most of the bullpen, Barnes, Taylor, Sawamura, etc, Kike Hernandez, then Bogaerts got pulled mid-game for a positive test.  He’s very tight with Devers, who is now playing shortstop for many games possibly (lol) if he’s not positive.

It’s not even competitive at this point, almost comical.  Just get a wild card game with the Yankees, ha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s a Wild Card race now.  I think 6-7 players out positive with COVID now?  Most of the bullpen, Barnes, Taylor, Sawamura, etc, Kike Hernandez, then Bogaerts got pulled mid-game for a positive test.  He’s very tight with Devers, who is now playing shortstop for many games possibly (lol) if he’s not positive.

It’s not even competitive at this point, almost comical.  Just get a wild card game with the Yankees, ha.

It's painful to watch the games right now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It's painful to watch the games right now.

Like watching a train wreck.  I know what’s coming but I can’t turn away.

Sort of like when a healthy snowstorm was looking fantastic 48 hours out but you just slowly watch the next 6 model cycles take it away.  You keep checking in each model cycle just to make sure it’s really happening :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...