Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

Bill gave the frolicked locker-room jocularity bid it's go in 2020 ... It's not a tact he likes or probably more like 'respects' very much, being apropos.

Then COVID and other BS interceded and though he's a well education very rational guy, he is human ... ( not the emperor in 'Jedi), and his bias against the former ways and means of team management, having a short rope, my hunch he was itching for it anyway. 

So, he wants to get back to the model that he's use to winning with - a Gestapo camp, where the personnel on the field are too terrified of stepping out side the machinery of the system.  What better way to do that than to can the 'cool guy.' The specter of the most popular guy in the locker-room, walking for the exit, chin down.  It's got an upside in his mind  - he gets to play the shrewd inside mogul, while in reality he's done with the shenanigans.  Win win, as he feels the tangible AND intangible favors winning.

Hey, it worked before - right ? 

Sorta -

I mean, TB leaving, and then summarily, the organization puts up a barely audible above 500 year and fails the playoff cut isn't a great look. Meanwhile said QB saunters on down to TB ( no pun intended ...) and oh by the way, throws another trophy up on his legacy and brings TB back to discussion for a few years.  

But hey, COVID got in the way ... maybe.  And once is not a valid sample set ...Bill gets to "hide" behind that by accident or design.

In the meantime, Jones scored on every single drive he Quarterbacked during the preseason.  Every      one.    Be it a TD or FG, he scored.  Cam did not do this.  What he did do, is jeopardize the organization with a COVID scare, after he already jeopardized the organization last year, ...with a COVID scare.   That too, is/was not a good look.  And the human side of the espouse master strategist maaaybe just sort of go pissed off at the guy, too.

59 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Absolutely…. Availability is sometimes your best ability 

44 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Cam had no arm . He is a QB

I got no issues with this move .

Cam already fooked up when he had covid last year, Then this, Plain and simple, He sucked, Look at his preseason stats, Then look up Mac's, Jones was 8-8 on drives that either resulted in TD's or FG's and mainly with 2nd and 3rd stringers, Now he has the reigns with the starters.

Just now, kdxken said:

1834 no snow until Xmas eve. Cold start to 1835...

magic.jpg

BOS has some obs going back to 1821. The old forms are on here, but half of the comments I can't even read. It'd be cool to compare your notes with the BOS numbers.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html?_page=2&state=MA&foreign=false&stationID=190770&_target3=Next+>

Just now, dendrite said:

BOS has some obs going back to 1821. The old forms are on here, but half of the comments I can't even read. It'd be cool to compare your notes with the BOS numbers.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/IPS/coop/coop.html?_page=2&state=MA&foreign=false&stationID=190770&_target3=Next+>

Thanks! Not sure I buy the mercury at 22 below to start 1835.

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Thanks! Not sure I buy the mercury at 22 below to start 1835.

I can believe that if it’s during that time. The 1810s-1830s were brutally cold here with the little data we do have. We were getting a ton of volcanic activity (including Tambora) aiding things and probably the decadal cycles helped too. Temps actually rose quite a bit from 1830s to 1880s before falling again toward the 1910s and then rising hugely in through the early 1950s (and then briefly cooling again in the 1960s/1970s). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I can believe that if it’s during that time. The 1810s-1830s were brutally cold here with the little data we do have. We were getting a ton of volcanic activity (including Tambora) aiding things and probably the decadal cycles helped too. Temps actually rose quite a bit from 1830s to 1880s before falling again toward the 1910s and then rising hugely in through the early 1950s (and then briefly cooling again in the 1960s/1970s). 

Could be , he doesn't sound like one to exaggerate. The low for 1834 was 6 below by his records.

lying.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

I tried experimenting last year with gummies. Started at 10mg, which did almost nothing, then went to 20mg then 30mg one night. that was a mistake as I had bad anxiety the rest of the night. Now 20mg in combo with a few drinks and I was laughing my ass off at my friend this summer as he was rambling on about some story. I busted out laughing and told him to stop talking as in my small euphoria, it seemed like his talking would never end. I'd like to get to the happy feeling with just gummies alone, but the amount it would take would bring on bad anxiety instead. For some reason, the alcohol, in combo got where I wanted to be, but I'm not doing that very often.

I bought some gummies supposedly for pain and had wicked anxiety, I took just one gummy so that was the end of that.

Ekersley just lost it. 

“…This seasons over; you can’t be 10 games out on Sept 1!” tone to match disgust

What a shame 

Red Sox were numero uno a month or whatever ago and now they’re fighting to hold onto a wild card spot and slipping …

They got a bunch out on COVID.  

But also their pitching shit it’s self. They could just end up in a hole too deep to even recover from even if they get hot

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ekersley just lost it. 

“…This seasons over; you can’t be 10 games out on Sept 1!” tone to match disgust

What a shame 

Red Sox were numero uno a month or whatever ago and now they’re fighting to hold onto a wild card spot and slipping …

They got a bunch out on COVID.  

But also their pitching shit it’s self. They could just end up in a hole too deep to even recover from even if they get hot

Yeah it’s a Wild Card race now.  I think 6-7 players out positive with COVID now?  Most of the bullpen, Barnes, Taylor, Sawamura, etc, Kike Hernandez, then Bogaerts got pulled mid-game for a positive test.  He’s very tight with Devers, who is now playing shortstop for many games possibly (lol) if he’s not positive.

It’s not even competitive at this point, almost comical.  Just get a wild card game with the Yankees, ha.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah it’s a Wild Card race now.  I think 6-7 players out positive with COVID now?  Most of the bullpen, Barnes, Taylor, Sawamura, etc, Kike Hernandez, then Bogaerts got pulled mid-game for a positive test.  He’s very tight with Devers, who is now playing shortstop for many games possibly (lol) if he’s not positive.

It’s not even competitive at this point, almost comical.  Just get a wild card game with the Yankees, ha.

It's painful to watch the games right now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It's painful to watch the games right now.

Like watching a train wreck.  I know what’s coming but I can’t turn away.

Sort of like when a healthy snowstorm was looking fantastic 48 hours out but you just slowly watch the next 6 model cycles take it away.  You keep checking in each model cycle just to make sure it’s really happening :lol: 

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Super frustrating and makes you think wtf they are doing when not playing baseball. 

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In 1978 the Yankees closed a 10 game gap in Sep. 

Growing up my dad @MBRI always mentioned that year I didn't understand the heart break of Sox fans until 2003 when Aaaron Boone became the "Bucky ____ Dent" of my generation.  Bottom of the order guys, same sort of weird swing (although Bucky choked up on the bat like a little leaguer), looks like a high pop-up to the outfield off the bat, doesn't sound like a HR off the bat, and ends up breaking your heart.

I have to say this is one of the first Rays teams I don't hate. Have to the respect the " F__ it" approach and swing for the fences every at bat, kind of refreshing and makes for exciting games.  

Online sports betting soon in CT. Definitely won't be playing but using weather to predict over unders can be very fruitful especially when the wind is blowing out at Fenway and some trip A pitcher is on the mound. Used to be teams didn't pass in snow games so the under was in, not anymore.  But high wind games still fall under about 75% of the time.

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Like watching a train wreck.  I know what’s coming but I can’t turn away.

Sort of like when a healthy snowstorm was looking fantastic 48 hours out but you just slowly watch the next 6 model cycles take it away.  You keep checking in each model cycle just to make sure it’s really happening :lol: 

When model noise becomes a positive trend in your mind, you become a subject of one of Tip's freudian posts. 

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, amarshall said:

Dispensary edibles are weak. Thriving black market for 100 mg gummy bears if youre into that sort of thing. Puts me in the 5th dimension. No thanks

I dunno....half a gummy from a dispensary works great for me.   But I use it rarely so my body may respond differently with more frequent use.