Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

24 minutes ago, rclab said:

My oldest daughter has MS. She contritely approached me and started to apologize while showing me her NYS ID card for the right to use medicinal cannabis. I stopped her. You are apologizing for the use of medicinal flora. Look around you and see how many, of age, folks are enjoying a brew or elevated proof liquid. Never apologize for medicinally improving your quality of life. My hug afterwards also helped. MS is a brutal disease. Not days, weeks or months but I know her years are numbered. As always ….

Sorry to hear about your daughters disease.  Sucks.  I have a cousin that's been living with it for about 15 years now.  Manages it pretty well.  And I commend you for not making her a pariah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got my birthday gift delivered from Amazon after an incorrect shipment was sent.  Got my Davis wireless transmitter so I can mount my anemometer on my roof.  It wont be at 30'.  Looks like it'll be around 24' which won't be too bad.  Still surrounded by a lot of trees that are 70'.

https://www.davisinstruments.com/products/solar-powered-wireless-sensor-transmitter

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just got my birthday gift delivered from Amazon after an incorrect shipment was sent.  Got my Davis wireless transmitter so I can mount my anemometer on my roof.  It wont be at 30'.  Looks like it'll be around 24' which won't be too bad.  Still surrounded by a lot of trees that are 70'.

https://www.davisinstruments.com/products/solar-powered-wireless-sensor-transmitter

I need to do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I actually haven’t really done edibles. Just think the state should get money for it.

Yeah I mean people can get drunk, they can  smoke two packs a day… state gets money from those vices.  Horserace betting.  Cigars.

Might as well get some tax dollars if folks want to relax by other means too.  Plenty of vices are legal that can harm society much worse too.

Edibles or tinctures are healthier than alcohol, smoking cigs or cigars by far.  It’s not even close. No liver damage, no lung damage, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I thought I shared the story with you guys about my brother over text . Just very against it . Do what you do 

That makes more sense… it seemed personal.  Everyone has life experiences that shape them… like my mom grew up with an alcoholic father (my grandfather), she thinks booze is the devil.  She doesn’t let it get in the way of fun but I know how much she hates alcohol.

I’m sure if your family is impacted by a drunk driver or a loved one died of lung cancer from smoking, or a gambling problem caused financial issues… your opinion on those vices will be strong and that’s totally understandable.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, amarshall said:

Dispensary edibles are weak. Thriving black market for 100 mg gummy bears if youre into that sort of thing. Puts me in the 5th dimension. No thanks

I don't know about that! The other half works for INSA, I generally can't stand the stuff (smell) never tried their gummies, but I have some of the "chocolate" bars for neck issues...I can only have like one square or I'm a mess and feel like ass. Then again I don't seem to react to the stuff the same as others anyway so

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

I don't know about that! The other half works for INSA, I generally can't stand the stuff (smell) never tried their gummies, but I have some of the "chocolate" bars for neck issues...I can only have like one square or I'm a mess and feel like ass. Then again I don't seem to react to the stuff the same as others anyway so

I love the chocolate bars,have no Idea what Andrew is talking about but a 10 mg piece is perfect. The pain relief is great. I only occasionally use them when the pain gets intolerable. Home made cookies are for partying 

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with some of the MA businesses when CT ramps up. If I read correctly the state of CT requires all workers associated with the business to be paid prevailing wage even if not union. If so they're going to steal some employees from mass unless they step up. Right now the pay is not great in MA and some companies wonder why they can't keep employees. Of course some of that is a typical pot head being hired thinking it's party time...then realizing it's a serious business, run more like a pharmacy.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I love the chocolate bars,have no Idea what Andrew is talking about but a 10 mg piece is perfect. The pain relief is great. I only occasionally use them when the pain gets intolerable. Home made cookies are for partying 

Yeah, I only use when absolutely necessary. Like anything else it works better when used sparingly. My only issue is if I've had something fatty, or just eaten I can't take any. It reacts too quickly and makes me feel 10 times worse...especially with fats

I have 1000 mg CBD that's a godsend as a sleep aid.  I took a 30 mg edible to clean the kitchen end end up tasting oxygen and had to remind myself to breathe every heartbeat. That did not end well. I was still under the influence the next day. 

My friends will put down a 50 mg drink while playing golf and have a nice conversation and shoot sub 80. I'd be asleep on the green. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That makes more sense… it seemed personal.  Everyone has life experiences that shape them… like my mom grew up with an alcoholic father (my grandfather), she thinks booze is the devil.  She doesn’t let it get in the way of fun but I know how much she hates alcohol.

I’m sure if your family is impacted by a drunk driver or a loved one died of lung cancer from smoking, or a gambling problem caused financial issues… your opinion on those vices will be strong and that’s totally understandable.

Agree.  I saw what alcoholism did to loved ones, and though I'd stopped using the stuff years before for personal reasons, that tragic experience totally soured me on recreational drinking.  And though I voted against recreational weed in our state (even if less hazardous than booze/baccy, why add another psychoactive substance) I can see a benefit of legal sales.  No longer must users buy the stuff from the same folks who sell heroin/fentanyl.

• Like 1

I tried experimenting last year with gummies. Started at 10mg, which did almost nothing, then went to 20mg then 30mg one night. that was a mistake as I had bad anxiety the rest of the night. Now 20mg in combo with a few drinks and I was laughing my ass off at my friend this summer as he was rambling on about some story. I busted out laughing and told him to stop talking as in my small euphoria, it seemed like his talking would never end. I'd like to get to the happy feeling with just gummies alone, but the amount it would take would bring on bad anxiety instead. For some reason, the alcohol, in combo got where I wanted to be, but I'm not doing that very often.

26 minutes ago, amarshall said:

I have 1000 mg CBD that's a godsend as a sleep aid.  I took a 30 mg edible to clean the kitchen end end up tasting oxygen and had to remind myself to breathe every heartbeat. That did not end well. I was still under the influence the next day. 

My friends will put down a 50 mg drink while playing golf and have a nice conversation and shoot sub 80. I'd be asleep on the green. 

That’s crazy.  10-15mg for me is relaxing though I still feel much more sober/mentally with it than after say 2-3 DIPA’s.  It hits me more of a body relaxation than a mind altering substance, less euphoria but just very content.  Sleep insanely good too vs I sleep like absolute crap after even a little booze.  A few beers or a couple drinks gives a much more euphoric buzz but less control over your actions which is always the risk with alcohol.

25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Cam released… Mac time!

1 minute ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Flabbergasted but I probably shouldn’t be. It’s the right move 

Just now, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

Lol.  This was a column in the Boston Globe this morning

image.png.a9856624ab546163970a897afbcd0995.png

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda saw this coming. Bill loves dramatic cuts before the regular season. 

I was actually hoping that Bill was going to do the right thing and he did, Mac has looked good out there with mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers and he has the respect of the veterans already too, Quite sure they approached Cam to be the backup and he rejected it.

• Like 1