Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Good, one less Turkey. They are a disaster around here. 

Terrifying creatures when hidden in ski trails.  They will be dead silent and still in the high grass until you are like 3 feet away and then this flying basketball goes straight up in your face.  Sometimes you can see their scrotum looking necks in the grass side eyeing you.

When I have the dog she sniffs them out and has found some massive flocks of like 30 birds hiding in the tall grass… she’ll chase one that takes off running and then all the sudden there are 30 flying basketballs going in all directions.

They surprise the crap out of me most of the time.  So silent until you are on top of them.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's a matter of time before the Federal Gov't decriminalizes cannabis.  No legit reason not to and an abject failure over the last 40 years trying to control it.

The lessons/effects of Prohibition were too easily forgotten. As always ….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This guy is a Hurricane Harvey refuge.  He was a mess when we got him but a handsome,  healthy love now.  

BA9DC2BD-58FF-4EB2-9C44-5FCCB9179138.thumb.jpeg.c1af01cdb6e0fb96f44a9f8792a8ccf4.jpeg

Mine was a mess too but I took her to training and she got much better quick, used to freak out if we were outside and it rained, she still hates rain but doesn't freak out like she used to. She's the sweetest dog to people, she loves everyone, she's a little more picky on what dogs she likes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Terrifying creatures when hidden in ski trails.  They will be dead silent and still in the high grass until you are like 3 feet away and then this flying basketball goes straight up in your face.  Sometimes you can see their scrotum looking necks in the grass side eyeing you.

When I have the dog she sniffs them out and has found some massive flocks of like 30 birds hiding in the tall grass… she’ll chase one that takes off running and then all the sudden there are 30 flying basketballs going in all directions.

They surprise the crap out of me most of the time.  So silent until you are on top of them.

We got Abby the black Lab in July of 2003 at 3 months age.  I think it was a year later when she got "introduced" to turkeys.  My wife was walking her down our forest-bordered road at dusk when a flock departed from directly overhead with much clatter and thrashing.  Spooked my wife big time and the dog attempted to disappear into the road surface.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

July next year dispensaries open I believe 

My oldest daughter has MS. She contritely approached me and started to apologize while showing me her NYS ID card for the right to use medicinal cannabis. I stopped her. You are apologizing for the use of medicinal flora. Look around you and see how many, of age, folks are enjoying a brew or elevated proof liquid. Never apologize for medicinally improving your quality of life. My hug afterwards also helped. MS is a brutal disease. Not days, weeks or months but I know her years are numbered. As always ….

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, rclab said:

My oldest daughter has MS. She contritely approached me and started to apologize while showing me her NYS ID card for the right to use medicinal cannabis. I stopped her. You are apologizing for the use of medicinal flora. Look around you and see how many, of age, folks are enjoying a brew or elevated proof liquid. Never apologize for medicinally improving your quality of life. My hug afterwards also helped. MS is a brutal disease. Not days, weeks or months but I know her years are numbered. As always ….

Sorry brother, glad she can find some relief 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rclab said:

Sorry to hear. Sounds like she has a great dad though.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1