Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Nope.  Throws really hard but has literally no idea where it’s going.

I think it’s Whitlock.  He bounced back after his Yankee outing and really saved the game for them with multiple innings after Barnes last night.

They needed something like that to get them excited again.  Hopefully that fires them up a bit.

I was thinking that, dude can also go 2 innings if need be. I'm still holding out hopes for Valdez in the next few seasons.

We have an interesting pattern in our house with our 2-year-old. EVERY NIGHT after dinner she wants to watch baseball. It is the only thing on TV she will watch for more than a minute or two. Has a lot of lingo down and likes to yell "Kike!" I want her to learn "go bridge" next.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

I was thinking that, dude can also go 2 innings if need be. I'm still holding out hopes for Valdez in the next few seasons.

We have an interesting pattern in our house with our 2-year-old. EVERY NIGHT after dinner she wants to watch baseball. It is the only thing on TV she will watch for more than a minute or two. Has a lot of lingo down and likes to yell "Kike!" I want her to learn "go bridge" next.  

Might need to correct her before you bring her to an actual game.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

You have to figure out a way to put an accent over that last e before that gets interpreted the wrong way.....

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Gotta get her to say “that’s a pair of shoes” for Eck.

• Haha 3

Red Sox seem to be fading ...

They's dodging losing series by rain-outs/postponements and doing .500 b-ball against the likes of the Rangers'...  

It's funny how these things turned around.   Yanks are where the Sox were a month ago... like literally switched -

Sad ... for the world, that's gotta be the end of the road for TRS - right?

I mean, the man was 80 ( congrats! being in proximal to that life - ), and I'm pretty sure Jagger's 1028.   Richards, as the joke meme goes is being propped up by who knows what ..  I just don't see them really necessarily ... anyway, their music is older than 3/4 of the living population. 

I think Elton John did it the right way... He like announce retirement - does cameos and junkets and such... but it's less egregious to watch.  You know, go out with a sense of dignity in a little bit of planned resolve.  It is kind of painful to watch when aging celebrities "pretend" they are still pop-relevent.  Maybe sad is a better word - but ... Watts was neither interested in celebrity, or casting delusions of grandeur - just speaking in general. 

Some actually know it ... sorta kid around with it. Like, I think it was Clint Eastwood?  Not sure .. .but went something like, "I direct now because look at me - there's no way I could do the other thing" in a ha ha way. 

Heh, Rolling Stone:  "What a drag it is getting old"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, weathafella said:

You have to figure out a way to put an accent over that last e before that gets interpreted the wrong way.....

5 hours ago, mreaves said:

Might need to correct her before you bring her to an actual game.

LOL. She says it correctly and is actually learning Spanish. My wife is fluent and speaks to her in nothing but Spanish, I'm on English duty. She definitely communicates more in Spanish than English currently. Pretty amazing how young kids can learn languages, Chomsky was right about that. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sad ... for the world, that's gotta be the end of the road for TRS - right?

I mean, the man was 80 ( congrats! being in proximal to that life - ), and I'm pretty sure Jagger's 1028.   Richards, as the joke meme goes is being propped up by who knows what ..  I just don't see them really necessarily ... anyway, their music is older than 3/4 of the living population. 

I think Elton John did it the right way... He like announce retirement - does cameos and junkets and such... but it's less egregious to watch.  You know, go out with a sense of dignity in a little bit of planned resolve.  It is kind of painful to watch when aging celebrities "pretend" they are still pop-relevent.  Maybe sad is a better word - but ... Watts was neither interested in celebrity, or casting delusions of grandeur - just speaking in general. 

Some actually know it ... sorta kid around with it. Like, I think it was Clint Eastwood?  Not sure .. .but went something like, "I direct now because look at me - there's no way I could do the other thing" in a ha ha way. 

Heh, Rolling Stone:  "What a drag it is getting old"

I agree with you in principal but disagree with you in regards to The Rolling Stones.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but their fanbase spans all ages.  A lot of college students that are still into rock/alternative are fans, and I know current college age fans that have attended their shows.  I don't think they pretend to be pop-relevant, they know their current place in the world of music.  They were probably more irrelevant in the mid 1980's than they are now.

Their most recent tour, which is still ongoing (and delayed at times due to COVID), has grossed almost a half-billion dollars.  I don't see them stopping even with Watts passing away - he already had to bow out from the current tour for his medical issues and they continued with a different drummer.  There may be a compromise where they may still tour on occasion but there may not be any more new recordings now that he has passed.  RIP...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I agree with you in principal but disagree with you in regards to The Rolling Stones.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but their fanbase spans all ages.  A lot of college students that are still into rock/alternative are fans, and I know current college age fans that have attended their shows.  I don't think they pretend to be pop-relevant, they know their current place in the world of music.  They were probably more irrelevant in the mid 1980's than they are now.

Their most recent tour, which is still ongoing (and delayed at times due to COVID), has grossed almost a half-billion dollars.  I don't see them stopping even with Watts passing away - he already had to bow out from the current tour for his medical issues and they continued with a different drummer.  There may be a compromise where they may still tour on occasion but there may not be any more new recordings now that he has passed.  RIP...

If anyone gets a chance on IMDb TV watch the Stones documentary Totally Stripped. Amazing. They get better with age. Lol Tip irrelevant? Highest grossing concert tour year after year. Their Latin America fan base is insanely huge 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Non weather related

last month I blew my car engine , there just happened to be a open recall on engine seizures , and Dealer notified me today a brand new engine Was approved under warranty . 

Nice. I remember when you posted that you had some engine problems. 

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did you keep the car?

I got a new one 

but yes I kept it , I owe a few grand on it and nobody is buying a car with a seized engine so I just held and hoped the recall would help me out .

So when I get it back in a week , I gotta add new tires and touch up a couple things And detail it to get best sales price , but It is a huge turn around from seized engine on car with a 120k miles to new Factory engine . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I got a new one 

but yes I kept it , I owe a few grand on it and nobody is buying a car with a seized engine so I just held and hoped the recall would help me out .

So when I get it back in a week , I gotta add new tires and touch up a couple things And detail it to get best sales price , but It is a huge turn around from seized engine on car with a 120k miles to new Factory engine . 

Just curious as to what brand/model of car has enough seizing issues to issue a recall... so I can avoid it :-)