• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

I don't have a problem with the length of any games, but let's not pretend like NFL isn't 10 minutes of action and 3 hours 20 mins of guys standing around watching a clock tick down, commercials, refs doing their thing, and other rando stoppages in play. At least basketball, hockey, and soccer is constant action.

13 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Stanton didn’t 

I miss April/May/June when a guy named "Rougned" was the scariest hitter in the lineup because Stanton couldn't hit a beachball, LaMahieu was hitting .240 in singles, Torres couldn't field a ground ball to save his life or hit a baseball, Sanchez was hitting like .185 and couldn't catch a ball with spin on it (which is a problem for a catcher), the shaved head guy that looks like a traffic cop in the outfield never came up big, Gerrit Cole liked giving up 5-6 runs a game when they took his sticky stuff.... no one stole any bases, they stood flat footed on the bag waiting for the next strikeout.... life was good for Sox fans back then :lol:.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I miss April/May/June when a guy named "Rougned" was the scariest hitter in the lineup because Stanton couldn't hit a beachball, LaMahieu was hitting .240 in singles, Torres couldn't field a ground ball to save his life or hit a baseball, Sanchez was hitting like .185 and couldn't catch a ball with spin on it (which is a problem for a catcher).... no one stole any bases, they stood flat footed on the bag waiting for the next strikeout.... life was good for Sox fans back then :lol:.

DJ is not the same player he had been. In past seasons there was no one I wanted up in a big spot other than him. This year after the big contract he decided to blow . That last at bat was a prime example . He would have ripped a 2 run single last year. This year.. a weak infield pop up that Jay could have caught with gout in both big toes and one pinkie. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

I don't have a problem with the length of any games, but let's not pretend like NFL isn't 10 minutes of action and 3 hours 20 mins of guys standing around watching a clock tick down, commercials, refs doing their thing, and other rando stoppages in play. At least basketball, hockey, and soccer is constant action.

Exactly. This is why I pretty much only watch the Red Zone. The way they do replay, handcuffed defenses and constantly have stoppages in play make it almost unwatchable. Having said that, baseball is just as bad. Slow games, constant pitching changes and the only strategy seems to be hitting a home run. Baseball isn’t a National game anymore, it only matters in markets with teams, just like the NHL.  At least the NFL has a National audience.  I know I’ll get shit for it but I’ve grown to like English soccer more than baseball and it’s close to the NFL for me. Very few stoppages in play and once you learn the game it becomes exciting to watch. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Exactly. This is why I pretty much only watch the Red Zone. The way they do replay, handcuffed defenses and constantly have stoppages in play make it almost unwatchable. Having said that, baseball is just as bad. Slow games, constant pitching changes and the only strategy seems to be hitting a home run. Baseball isn’t a National game anymore, it only matters in markets with teams, just like the NHL.  At least the NFL has a National audience.  I know I’ll get shit for it but I’ve grown to like English soccer more than baseball and it’s close to the NFL for me. Very few stoppages in play and once you learn the game it becomes exciting to watch. 

Agreed. Unless it’s an Eagles game I’d rather watch an EPL game than a random NFL game. 

Floods, severe wind, tornadoes, crippling ice, tropical systems.  Everything we get sounds better than scorched earth western forest fires.  No thanks.  Always the best of luck to all out in those areas.  I'm sure the dynamics and fluidity of the situation is hard to grasp sometimes too.

• Like 1