Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

I noticed a big uptick in black flies here too in the past 3-4 days.  I didn't realize they had multiple summer cycles--thought it was one and done in May/June?

This was one of the most tame Deer fly seasons since I moved here-only noticed them on a handful of days really. Maybe too much rain and not enough sun throughout July when they are normally vicious.

Around here August blackflies tend to be vegetarian, though they're good at flying into ears and eyes.  100 miles northeast in the Mattawamkeag drainage the blackflies usually remain bloodthirsty all summer.

32 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Around here August blackflies tend to be vegetarian, though they're good at flying into ears and eyes.  100 miles northeast in the Mattawamkeag drainage the blackflies usually remain bloodthirsty all summer.

Yea, I haven't noticed them biting really, but exactly as you describe--mostly an annoying ear, eye and head attack.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Easy part of the schedule, they have to take advantage and hope Sale and Schwarber help out.

Yeah they just got done with the gauntlet of good teams… time to make hay.  Need to go like 12-3 in the next 15.  Yankees are only team over .500 in that stretch.

Schwarber walked twice in first two at-bats so far and scored both times.  That’s more than Marwin did offensively so far this month lol.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah they just got done with the gauntlet of good teams… time to make hay.  Need to go like 12-3 in the next 15.  Yankees are only team over .500 in that stretch.

Schwarber walked twice in first two at-bats so far and scored both times.  That’s more than Marwin did offensively so far this month lol.

If Pivetta's has his curveball they usually win, it's on tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Zzzzz

ooo hi everyone 

At least now I don’t have to scroll Thru “crap” more than 8 seconds to see the latest important beer photos 

Have no idea what’s going on in the “real world” anymore.  Ignorance is bliss as they say :lol:.

What a day to be alive. Chillin with the dog and wife on the hill, head home later to see Chris Sale pitch, no humidity and a good breeze.  Perfect Saturday.

A7754431-EE45-4D40-B064-5316E6AE84D4.thumb.jpeg.93ee3d8e2b5b0deccf085baa16c097ef.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Back to back.  Ugh

It all worked out.  He seemed a little wild with a lot of full counts but didn’t walk anyone right?

Just the roar at Fenway when he first came out to the mound in the top of the 1st gave me goosebumps.  Been two years since he’s pitched.

This does feel like when a kid’s travel soccer team is struggling, so the coach arranges for a game against the town’s B-team to get their confidence up.  You just pray it doesn’t backfire and the B-Team wins, ha.  I feel like college teams do that all the time too.

14 runs scored for the Sox and the 5th inning isn’t even done.

• Like 1