• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

The Belichick / Burton halftime interview disappointed.   No awkward silence, BB was was almost conversational, though he said nothing. Those interivews are the most intriguing part of the exhibition season. hopefully next week is more awkward. 

Jones doesn't look bad for a rookie, he will start this year

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Beer in cornfields 

Dude this Field of Dreams game is awesome.  Watching the hitters launch home runs into the cornfield.  Kids running after the balls in the rows of corn.  Plenty of offense so far.

MLB won with this.  Hopefully they put on the Sandlot next time. Build an empty pen with a dog chained up, home run means you let one kid at a time past the fence to try and get the ball.  Joe Buck having the time of his life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dude this Field of Dreams game is awesome.  Watching the hitters launch home runs into the cornfield.  Kids running after the balls in the rows of corn.  Plenty of offense so far.

MLB won with this.  Hopefully they put on the Sandlot next time. Build an empty pen with a dog chained up, home run means you let one kid at a time past the fence to try and get the ball.  Joe Buck having the time of his life.

They should have had no walls and make the field the size of the Polo Grounds.  If it rolls into the corn it's a ground rule double.  But other than that, yeah I agree it's very cool.  They lucked out with comfortable wx too.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I have the dogs covered. I am definitely going to visit the Field of Dreams when I go visit my son in Nebraska.  Wow

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrianW said:

The perseid meteor shower peaks the 11th-13th and there is currently a ton of them streaking over Narragansett right now. Just had an amazing viewing of them. Head out and look northeast. 

Stayed Wednesday night at a sporting camp north of Baxter Park, and several attendees at this forestry/training field trip stayed up to watch meteors.  Saw mostly clouds.  And next day probably the fewest deerflies I've ever seen in August hot wx - usually those horrid beasts love HHH.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Skeeters and black flies are back here…unbearable to be outside in the evening. Heat and dews after 5 weeks of rain will do that I guess.

I noticed a big uptick in black flies here too in the past 3-4 days.  I didn't realize they had multiple summer cycles--thought it was one and done in May/June?

This was one of the most tame Deer fly seasons since I moved here-only noticed them on a handful of days really. Maybe too much rain and not enough sun throughout July when they are normally vicious.