Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like it’s Whitlock tonight.  He picked a great time to finally decide not to get everyone out.

Every night a different player regresses, it’s incredible!

That and bases loaded 2 outs and JD barrels a ball 395ft and the reason it’s not a grand slam is he hits it to the triangle in center.  Perfectly placed fly out.

The relief pitching is painful to watch, they may pull this one out but it's not easy.

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Pitchings letting them down.

That and 14 for 17 with RISP in past 10 games.  But each night it’s another guy.  Whitlock has been in rookie of the year discussions and of course he picks tonight to have his 2nd blown hold of the season.

Just said he needs to learn faster in the outing… said after they plastered a few hits Boggie came up to him and said they are ambushing fastballs.  He then struck next two batters out throwing just change ups.  Sucks to see him get hit a bit, he owned it after the game.

Barnes has just forgotten how to get batters out after he signed his contract extension at the All-Star Break.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That and 14 for 17 with RISP in past 10 games.  But each night it’s another guy.  Whitlock has been in rookie of the year discussions and of course he picks tonight to have his 2nd blown hold of the season.

Just said he needs to learn faster in the outing… said after they plastered a few hits Boggie came up to him and said they are ambushing fastballs.  He then struck next two batters out throwing just change ups.  Sucks to see him get hit a bit, he owned it after the game.

Barnes has just forgotten how to get batters out after he signed his contract extension at the All-Star Break.

Just terrible. Definitely looks like the team is running out of gas at the moment.

Everything was going right through July...now everything is going wrong. As Will likes to say, they're regressing a bit. Their pythag didn't really support the record they had. They're still in the playoff hunt so they just need to forget about the past 2 weeks and move on.

• Like 2

Any insurance gurus or anyone with knowledge really?

Im carrying my wife and I on my insurance. She is going to be starting a new gig where she will have her own insurance options, and they are good.

Is her getting on her own plan a qualifying event for both her and I? Meaning, will I be able to go from family coverage to a single person coverage in the middle of the year?

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Im carrying my wife and I on my insurance. She is going to be starting a new gig where she will have her own insurance options, and they are good.

Is her getting on her own plan a qualifying event for both her and I? Meaning, will I be able to go from family coverage to a single person coverage in the middle of the year?

Yes

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My wife has worked for BCBS VT for 30+ years.  I asked her and she said that would qualify as an event.  The caveat obviously is that is for their purposes and I imagine it could be different elsewhere.  Are her options not so good that you will be going on her plan?  I work for the State of VT and we actually had the State plan for several years because BCBS paid her if she had insurance elsewhere so the $ numbers worked in our favor.  When our son was born, it was less expensive to switch to her plan so I don't have the state employee plan.  

25 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yes

22 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My wife has worked for BCBS VT for 30+ years.  I asked her and she said that would qualify as an event.  The caveat obviously is that is for their purposes and I imagine it could be different elsewhere.  Are her options not so good that you will be going on her plan?  I work for the State of VT and we actually had the State plan for several years because BCBS paid her if she had insurance elsewhere so the $ numbers worked in our favor.  When our son was born, it was less expensive to switch to her plan so I don't have the state employee plan.  

Thanks, I actually work for the state of MA now and have insurance through them. 

The plan we were going to go with was each have our own. It’s cheaper if we each carry a “single” plan than if either one of use joins the others.

So basically, she’ll need to start her own coverage and I’ll need to bump from a family plan to a single plan.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s unreal. And yet they’re still right in the mix for division and should get the WC

The Yankees actually started doing much better when they turned into the Scranton Rail Riders.  That happens when you get guys trying to prove themselves vs established guys who were playing flat footed and comfortable they won’t lose their job.

If anything as Sox fans we should’ve wished they kept trodding out that product they did the first half of the season without adding the scrappy AAA guys trying to prove something.

34 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yes