Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Scientists that post here, like WhitinsvilleWX,  Radarman. What qualifies as a scientist?  Do I qualfy as a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science.  I am not embarrassed nor are many others. What she makes up is hogwash.  We are not thin skinned and understand people have a right to their opinions.  We live in a free and open society not an echo chamber.  I find it enlightening. So many times she has run with stories that turn out to be false over the years yet never retracts. Let them go to their echo chamber and we will continue on raising issues, posting links to contrary data and let the reader decide. Nothing at all wrong with debate, nothing wrong with not being a shill to a political party or belief. Lemmings gonna lem

Ginx, I whole-heartedly agree.  My only issue is the COVID talk is like 80%-90% of the thread.  To find something other than COVID talk being discussed you sometimes have to go back 5 or 6 pages, and it makes discussing non-COVID stuff impossible because you loose track of the threads.  I'm also not a fan of some other other posters from other boards coming in and ruining what's going on here, and making judgements and assumptions based on anyone voicing their opinion.

I like hearing/reading both sides of the issue.  I also think it's beneficial to anyone to hear what others feel, even if you personally may think it's ridiculous.  There's always the chance that someone may change their minds in either direction based on what we talk about.  Just imagine @Damage In Tolland kicking back a few IPA's and then suddenly decide he's going to get vaccinated based on @DotRat_Wx latest post, right? :)

I think the solution of having a COVID discussion thread works out for everyone - nothing is censored, and it's easier to see our Iceland photos, air conditioning instructions, and Cuomo talk without 80 COVID posts getting in the way of the discussion of these other topics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bristolri_wx said:

Ginx, I whole-heartedly agree.  My only issue is the COVID talk is like 80%-90% of the thread.  To find something other than COVID talk being discussed you sometimes have to go back 5 or 6 pages, and it makes discussing non-COVID stuff impossible because you loose track of the threads.  I'm also not a fan of some other other posters from other boards coming in and ruining what's going on here, and making judgements and assumptions based on anyone voicing their opinion.

I like hearing/reading both sides of the issue.  I also think it's beneficial to anyone to hear what others feel, even if you personally may think it's ridiculous.  There's always the chance that someone may change their minds in either direction based on what we talk about.  There's always a chance that @Damage In Tolland may kick back a few IPA's and suddenly decide he's going to get vaccinated based on @DotRat_Wx latest post, right? :)

I think the solution of having a COVID discussion thread works out for everyone - nothing is censored, and it's easier to see our Iceland photos, air conditioning instructions, and Cuomo talk easier without 80 COVID posts getting in the way.

Lol. Wonder if Tip ever got his AC in. Lord knows he will need it this week. Dave should have just posted in the wx thread as its relevant.  Let's talk Red Sox, wait been lacking PFs in game analysis lately.  I wonder why.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol. Wonder if Tip ever got his AC in. Lord knows he will need it this week. Dave should have just posted in the wx thread as its relevant.  Let's talk Red Sox, wait been lacking PFs in game analysis lately.  I wonder why.

We still haven't gotten a full toe update from Tblizz

51 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No one wants to talk about the Red Sox right now because it ain't looking good.  They've been over performing all year, as many have mentioned.  Look at the pitching stats, especially peripherals like WHIP and you wonder how they have done this well in the first place.

2 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

No one wants to talk about the Red Sox right now because it ain't looking good.  They've been over performing all year, as many have mentioned.  Look at the pitching stats, especially peripherals like WHIP and you wonder how they have done this well in the first place.

My beloved Yanks are hitting below the mendoza line as a team. I have no idea why

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Remember when Cuomo was the darling child during the Democratic convention of 2012, remember when he was the COVID general every media outlet looked up to? Lesson, things are not always what they seem to be. Politicians are slimy, end.

He has always been an asshole 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ha plenty of it given in the sports thread.  Luckily they were off yesterday so they couldn’t find a way to lose.

The tides have turned, the Yankees tried so many times last night to lose that game but KC said nope, you can blow 4 different save situations but we’ll still let you win.  That’s some first half Red Sox stuff there.  The two teams switched from finding ways to win to finding ways to lose.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

What also hurts is that going on a terrible two week rough streak isn’t completely uncommon (the Jays, Rays and Yanks have also had some rough patches)… it’s that those three teams have the best three records in all of MLB since the All-Star break.  Timing the best records of the division rivals with a terrible two week period is no bueno.  If they were playing .500 ball it would be much less noticeable.

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

The Knoxville Nationals start this week for any gear head that likes Dirt Sprint cars.

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Why? I’m not being facetious or a smart a$$. I’m actually interested. I’ve looked at everyone running and out of all of them she’s the only one I’d vote for if I had to, I think. 

Believe it or not, I'm a moderate when it comes to politics. You would't know from my response to a certain subject I can't name here.

She is the only moderate running. I know her husband well from working in real estate. The others, like Wu, have mentioned these grand plans with no actual substance.

She is of the Marty Walsh mold. Which is what I am loyal too. So I am on her side. Just took the Biden sticker off the car and replaced it with  Essabi George.  

• Like 1

I asked before but I am coming up to SNE in Sept for a quick trip with friends and their middle school aged daughter and my daughter. Staying in S ORH county the plan is to do some historical sites, Boston, and breweries. Our friends had never been to New England so I was looking for some suggestions for a day trip from S VT to S NH back into Mass. Other ideas were Mystic Seaport, Newport, Or Salem Ma area. Any suggestions for historical sites and must stop breweries(outside of Tree House) are welcomed 

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

What also hurts is that going on a terrible two week rough streak isn’t completely uncommon (the Jays, Rays and Yanks have also had some rough patches)… it’s that those three teams have the best three records in all of MLB since the All-Star break.  Timing the best records of the division rivals with a terrible two week period is no bueno.  If they were playing .500 ball it would be much less noticeable.

How do the Sox blow it tonight? Barnes? Or do they melt down before then?

5 hours ago, wxtrix said:

if you have something to say to me, especially if it’s a bunch of lies, have the courage to say it to me to my face. 

The carnival barker is back, "Step right up, see if YOU can be the first to win whack-a-mole! Take on the challenge of whacking at 'a bunch of lies...' and win a goldfish or a box of chiclets, your choice!... Pay no mind that the previous innumerable attempts have failed to make it see even a single error in its ways, YOU could be a WINNER!  Step right up, who's NEXT?..."

56 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How do the Sox blow it tonight? Barnes? Or do they melt down before then?

Looks like it’s Whitlock tonight.  He picked a great time to finally decide not to get everyone out.

Every night a different player regresses, it’s incredible!

That and bases loaded 2 outs and JD barrels a ball 395ft and the reason it’s not a grand slam is he hits it to the triangle in center.  Perfectly placed fly out.