Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why should we respect opinions that are not based on actual science/data? 

Just because one person doesn’t like another’s opinion doesn’t mean it doesn’t have validity. Put 10 PhDs in a room and you can find 10 opinions  on something. We have knock down drag outs at science conferences all the time over data interpretation and we’re all looking at the same thing. Science is messy. 
And I hardly think the mods on this site have any expertise to parse out what’s valid or not. It’s a discussion thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just because one person doesn’t like another’s opinion doesn’t mean it doesn’t have validity. Put 10 PhDs in a room and you can find 10 opinions  on something. We have knock down drag outs at science conferences all the time. 
And I hardly think the mods on this site have any expertise to parse out what’s valid or not. It’s a discussion thread. 

Correct but to call a vaccine poison of that it causes autism and Alzheimer's is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, amarshall said:

This is why we can't have nice things. Some of us love the covid banter. Then the seagulls show up and name call. 

The regulars can have a constructive debate. 

Where is the line between covid banter and far right drivel?

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Where is the line between covid banter and far right drivel?

Just read over it. Don’t like someone, put them on ignore. I have several on ignore including that trixy person. She’s a vile name caller. The stuff she posts is what needs to be moderated. DIT saying vax causes dementia is stupid, but it’s not nasty and vile. 
And it might be far right drivel to you, but what sone people post here is far left drivel to me.  It’s all in the eye of the beholder. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Why should we respect opinions that are not based on actual science/data? 

look, I'm not going to debate you or anyone here about "opinions based on science/data" because no debating will change anyone's opinions. IMO, mandating/forcing and giving people altimatum's about vaccination is wrong and should 100% be a choice. Don't waste time responding to further debate or bait me with follow up questions. This is solely my opinion, regardless of the science and I thought would be respected on a forum like this. Evidently not.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

i’d keep the cringe-worthy covid disinformation that this thread churns out 24/7 out of the public view wx-side, for starters. 

what an embarrassment that crap is to the scientists who post here.

why do you care just leave...but you won't all you want to do is stir sh!t up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, correnjim1 said:

why do you care just leave...but you won't all you want to do is stir sh!t up

99% of her posts are designed to elicit a response-hence the 5th grade name calling routine.     It's the shitck of a housebound person with no life outside of trolling people on several message boards...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The "far right drivel" more often that not turns out to be true, about 2 years later when the NY Times prints a retraction on page 56 in small writing. 

If Trump hadn't called this the WuFlu and Chinese flu we'd be getting to the bottom of the Wuhan lab leak. Instead we play the ignore game because it came out of trumps mouth. Imagine if Trump had told everyone to put on a mask....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 3

Just now, correnjim1 said:

i care

scientists are outraged by what's posted here!  Outrage folks!  The trix will stomp the mis information!     Same ol rountine for 10+ years on several boards..when covid is done it will be back to bigots, racists and all the other go to topics to further troll people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, amarshall said:

The "far right drivel" more often that not turns out to be true, about 2 years later when the NY Times prints a retraction on page 56 in small writing. 

If Trump hadn't called this the WuFlu and Chinese flu we'd be getting to the bottom of the Wuhan lab leak. Instead we play the ignore game because it came out of trumps mouth. Imagine if Trump had told everyone to put on a mask....

LOL.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

99% of her posts are designed to elicit a response-hence the 5th grade name calling routine.     It's the shitck of a housebound person with no life outside of trolling people on several message boards...

That’s why she should be ignored. She wants attention and sone people here give it to her. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

and here you have a fully-illustrated example of my comment about people in this forum being babies:  actual vaccine disinformation that could cause someone to avoid the vaccine and die is A-OK, but something that hurts their precious fee-fees has to be immediately eliminated.

and the fact that this position protecting the disinformation posters is still being espoused after a regular reader of this forum died because he believed anti-vaccine disinformation is utterly astounding.

you do realize no one really cares what you think

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

scientists are outraged by what's posted here!  Outrage folks!  The trix will stomp the mis information!     Same ol rountine for 10+ years on several boards..when covid is done it will be back to bigots, racists and all the other go to topics to further troll people.

That’s why you should ignore her. She’s a troll 

Just now, amarshall said:

Your posts assumes it is a leak though.  There is no definitive answer and we may neve have/get one.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/politics/covid-origins-genetic-data-wuhan-lab/index.html

Four centuries of our country’s leaders:

1787: “we the people, in order to form a more perfect Union...”

1863: “four score and seven years ago...”

1961: “ask not what your country can do for you...”

2020: “you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

• Like 2