Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I dunno, I don’t think so. I could be wrong. But it’s been 7 weeks since the cases started going up and we should have seen an increase in deaths. So far it hasn’t happened. But yea, let’s see what happens in 3 weeks. I think cases start to fall. 

please be right man.

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I dunno, I don’t think so. I could be wrong. But it’s been 7 weeks since the cases started going up and we should have seen an increase in deaths. So far it hasn’t happened. But yea, let’s see what happens in 3 weeks. I think cases start to fall. 

We are peaking down here in FL the same time we did last summer, like you stated above We will start on the down trend in the next two weeks if we are not already.

Just now, Heat Miser said:

I'd rather read you losers get your weather calls wrong than get your pandemic calls wrong. There should be a separate forum for this nonsense.

What is it with people who lurk and barely ever contribute randomly popping in just to announce that they don't approve of what everyone else is posting and that the thread should be shut down before disappearing again for 2 months? 

Happens all the time in the MA subforum too. It's weird, man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, Modfan2 said:

We are peaking down here in FL the same time we did last summer, like you stated above We will start on the down trend in the next two weeks if we are not already.

Nice. Than the gov can shove it up bidens behind and become next president.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

What is it with people who lurk and barely ever contribute randomly popping in just to announce that they don't approve of what everyone else is posting and that the thread should be shut down before disappearing again for 2 months? 

Isn't there like an infowars forum you could slither off to for your hot takes? My apologies that I pop into a weather forum and get annoyed when it's a covidiot convention instead.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

most of you only complain on the internet, but meekly comply and do nothing.

I thought January 6th was the violent overthrow of the government not a bunch of Yahoo's reading too much on the internet. Which is it?

not sure what jan 6th has to do with anything.  that was a bunch of boomers and qanon losers radicalized by an orange demagogue.

9 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Looking at the curves, I think s lot of states are just about there. Louisiana looks to be about to break over. Lot of states curves right now aren’t as steep as the last wave.

I also see the 7 day average of cases is around 100,000. Deaths are around 500 a day. The last time cases were at 100k per day, deaths were running 3000 a day. This surge is clearly different. It’s either the vaccines, or delta isn’t as deadly. Probably a combination of both.

• Thanks 1

Sorry Ieft out the sarcasm emoticon. In all seriousness though, I hope mortality stays relatively low

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Looking at the curves, I think s lot of states are just about there. Louisiana looks to be about to break over. Lot of states curves right now aren’t as steep as the last wave.

I also see the 7 day average of cases is around 100,000. Deaths are around 500 a day. The last time cases were at 100k per day, deaths were running 3000 a day. This surge is clearly different. It’s either the vaccines, or delta isn’t as deadly. Probably a combination of both.

were vaccines rolling out the last time cases were 100k and 3k deaths?

14 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Herd immunity rapidly approaching 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Heat Miser said:

Isn't there like an infowars forum you could slither off to for your hot takes? My apologies that I pop into a weather forum and get annoyed when it's a covidiot convention instead.

Why get annoyed? Move on. Plenty of dew point discussion in the other threads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Many of us regulars too just gave up and joined the convo, ha.  Not necessarily content police but nostalgia for the old ways of the forum.  You checked in as a way to escape real life issues and talk weather with other weather fanatics, vs. coming to hear thoughts on society’s problems and maybe discuss weather on the side.  But there’d also be 6 hours at a time between posts in the summer.

I agree though if we are going to do COVID convo just let everyone in the pool at once and see who drowns :lol:.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I keep saying it... only 45 deaths from Delta under the age of 50 in the UK.