Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

5 hours ago, natedizel said:

I find him "Meh". And ya the forcast changes but tell us your forcast at the moment. Dont have it leak out a year later.

5 hours ago, weathafella said:

There it is, the Fauci bashing....

Dr. Fauci is one of the most brilliant scientists of the generation.   I’ve been following his work for 40 years.  However, as a fellow son of a pharmacist I was appalled at his first ball in DC fiasco at the game last year.

The problem for Dr Fauci is not vaccine, it is immunization. There is no vaccine able to protect him from being susceptible to the virus of politics and the complications of media bias that follows. He is subject to the fourth estate variant and is at the mercy of the third estate. I do not agree with him on his non medical utterances but I find it unacceptable that a brilliant person and fellow senior is set up to take the thrown bricks that should be fielded by those hiding in bunkers of silence. I remember him on his blue Schwinn and being five years his junior I couldn’t get a ride and besides he never deviated from the job. He could fly with that tank when necessary. It’ wasn’t easy to get any one from my old Dyker Heights neighborhood to put a lid on it. Case in point …. My post. As always ….

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

Home Depot just announced that they're requiring masks for customers.  put your mask on, snowflake.  also interesting that you'd rather enrich a mega-corp instead of a small biz, all because of a mask.

I like Lowe’s better. They’ll get my business. Business can put on mask mandates, I dont have to shop there. Free enterprise. 

8 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

So threaten to take away someone's livelihood....that's nice of you 

Yup absolutely, the stress on the hospital system in the southeast is about to put a ton of people out of their livelihoods. Every employer should have the power to make the decision of what is most feasible and beneficial to them and how they want to go forward. That used to be a conservative opinion but things got weird lately.

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Yup absolutely, the stress on the hospital system in the southeast is about to put a ton of people out of their livelihoods. Every employer should have the power to make the decision of what is most feasible and beneficial to them and how they want to go forward. That used to be a conservative opinion but things got weird lately.

reasonable.  to anybody without a thick skull.

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I like Lowe’s better. They’ll get my business. Business can put on mask mandates, I dont have to shop there. Free enterprise. 

Early on  in pandemic Lowe's near me pulled their blue nitrile gloves off the shelf to donate to the hospitals.

Good to see them still looking out for the Hospitals to this date.

28 minutes ago, radarman said:

what are they privy to secret studies the rest of us aren't?  Because I'm the first to admit my mind could be changed with, you know, evidence.

Nope, you thinking is correct if you had the virus; I would take natural immunity any day.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

21 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

These are acceptable numbers to me. @PhineasC

7 day average deaths are under 2.

More vaxed in mass. Bout a third of the people in the hospital on any given day are there because they can’t get transferred back to the LTC. They use the hospital  to hold them until the LTC will take them back. Massachusetts has no death or hospital issue. Like I’ve said before, my problem with the CDC metrics is soley based on cases. We’re not in the same boat as a state like Louisiana, but we’re treated like it because of the silly case only metric.