Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like what I’m doing right now.  Brutally painful getting dragged through Christmas Tree Shops and Bed Bath and Beyond right now.  Should be going on the evening hike, ha, but wife has other plans.

No masks and you’d never know anything was going on.  It’s weird to hear you guys talk about it on here, ha. People in Mass not going about their business?

Better than sitting in a Zoom meeting discussing personnel matters 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

Ugh I've seen that on the travel Channel. Looks gross. I still haven't tried seal here. Good luck! 

I lived.  It was a very tiny piece.  Maybe 1-2 cubic cm.   Washed down by a shot of Black Death (a cheap schnapps they sell here).  The food at the restaurant was very good.  

The owner of the place told us the whole history of the shark thing.  Some people do at a piece each day for supposed health benefits.  Nasty though. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

imagine the privilege that allows you to throw away a career over something as stupid as a vaccine.

He wont be the only one. 

Im at the point of not getting a booster if needed or wearing a mask again. So lock me up and throw away the key. Just know your getting a fight.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Volcano says wish you were here - bubbling up throughout the main caldera when I checked an hour ago with multiple incandescent flows.  :(  

Saw it yesterday.   Near one lava field (that was rather old) you could still feel the heat being given off. 

One kinda neat thing was despite the bubbling and fountaining lava it was very quiet. It would make some whooshing noises at times but it was mostly silent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radarman said:

I'm sure nobody cares but that spells the end of my 18 year employment there unless they are going to make an exception for recent natural immunity.  The preponderance of evidence suggests I don't need the vaxx for another several months at least, at which time I'll likely be getting a hopefully reformulated version.  For now, I'm milking my hard earned immunity and confident I'm on solid scientific grounds, at least in so far as the state of the science goes. 

I certainly care.There’s millions of Patriots that agree with you man. When they start mandating this poison.. it’s time to evaluate where you are in life. Imagine all the good military folks we are going to lose. As we’ve been saying.. people had no idea what they were voting for . Mckesson will gladly take you on . Send in your resume 

• Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sounds like what I’m doing right now.  Brutally painful getting dragged through Christmas Tree Shops and Bed Bath and Beyond right now.  Should be going on the evening hike, ha, but wife has other plans.

No masks and you’d never know anything was going on.  It’s weird to hear you guys talk about it on here, ha. People in Mass not going about their business?

Been out and about doing my business since May last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, correnjim1 said:

I didn't....I was the guy in the viking helmet....I really thought I was going to be president 

“My college buddies told me to take two of the red pills with them and see where the day takes us.  Next thing I know I’m sitting in the Capitol wearing uncle Donny’s wolf hide with a bear head, my buddies are dressed like Vikings, and the SWAT team is approaching us.  All I wanted was a little recreational fun.”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

“My college buddies told me to take two of the red pills with them and see where the day takes us.  Next thing I know I’m sitting in the Capitol wearing uncle Donny’s wolf hide with a bear head, my buddies are dressed like Vikings, and the SWAT team is approaching us.  All I wanted was a little recreational fun.”

You think you had it rough I woke up with one of my kidneys missing....there was a note saying it was covered in Covid...it was a crazy day indeed 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I certainly care.There’s millions of Patriots that agree with you man. When they start mandating this poison.. it’s time to evaluate where you are in life. Imagine all the good military folks we are going to lose. As we’ve been saying.. people had no idea what they were voting for . Mckesson will gladly take you on . Send in your resume 

This brings up a good point.  Why would the US military mandate the vaccine if they thought it would harm their people?

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

This brings up a good point.  Why would the US military mandate the vaccine if they thought it would harm their people?

Because the party you voted for made the decision for them. I.e.. Took their freedom of decision away . Imagine living in a world where you can’t make your own decisions 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, UMB WX said:

hand-washing...lol.  Americans don't value hygiene.

a tiny bit of common sense would give clues where infections were going when they removed some cautions.. naturally infections were going to rise to some degree and we crossed our fingers.

then a long comes delta when all caution has been thrown to the wind for the past 2 months in Israel and America.. 

Instead of fighting the Virus united.. We play But My Freedumbs mental gymnastics until they lose their choices in the Pandemic.  Brilliant strategy.   

LOL

This is an incredibly bad take. Americans are way more into hygiene than Europe, for example.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Because the party you voted for made the decision for them. I.e.. Took their freedom of decision away . Imagine living in a world where you can’t make your own decisions 

People in the military are FAR from “free”… they have an entire separate military police force to track you down if you try to leave.  And you listen to those above you and do not question it.  I can’t think of a worse example to make for freedoms than the military.  They fight for freedom but they are far from free.

• Like 1