Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

sweet, I lived in Dallas for a few years, well McKinney, north of Dallas, hot!! and the freaking dead Cicada's all over.. not sure how bad they are this year.

Lol. I hear them! I kinda like it down here. My retirement house is in North Carolina on the water and I like it there a little better. But I’m for sure moving at some point. 

3 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it's surprising that mask-wearing, hand-washing, and physical distancing cut down on viral transmission?

hand-washing...lol.  Americans don't value hygiene.

a tiny bit of common sense would give clues where infections were going when they removed some cautions.. naturally infections were going to rise to some degree and we crossed our fingers.

then a long comes delta when all caution has been thrown to the wind for the past 2 months in Israel and America.. 

Instead of fighting the Virus united.. We play But My Freedumbs mental gymnastics until they lose their choices in the Pandemic.  Brilliant strategy.   

2 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

hand-washing...lol.  Americans don't value hygiene.

a tiny bit of common sense would give clues where infections were going when they removed some cautions.. naturally infections were going to rise to some degree and we crossed our fingers.

then a long comes delta when all caution has been thrown to the wind for the past 2 months in Israel and America.. 

Instead of fighting the Virus united.. We play But My Freedumbs mental gymnastics until they lose their choices in the Pandemic.  Brilliant strategy.   

How long you willing to wear a mask? Another year? 5 years? Forever?

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Lol. I hear them! I kinda like it down here. My retirement house is in North Carolina on the water and I like it there a little better. But I’m for sure moving at some point. 

I missed the city feel, when I lived there downtown dallas was pretty boring, not much going on at night.. most of the happening was outside the city in the suburbs not sure if that has changed..

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

it's surprising that mask-wearing, hand-washing, and physical distancing cut down on viral transmission?

First sentence in PF's "observational" post:
Purely observational, was it a combo of masking and hygiene theater that seemed to completely nip any sickness at all out last winter?

Didn't look the least bit surprised, just posed rhetorical questions with an obvious "yes" answer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Got to Dallas about 1. Staying in Farmers Branch. Bout 97. Dew point is 72. Feels like blast furnace. I kinda like it.  Hitting the pool soon. Stopped and got something to eat and went to Walmart. Petty normal here. Maybe saw one or two masks. Wouldn’t know anything was going on. People going about their business.  Pretty refreshing actually. 
Wish I could retire and move out of silly land. 

Sounds like what I’m doing right now.  Brutally painful getting dragged through Christmas Tree Shops and Bed Bath and Beyond right now.  Should be going on the evening hike, ha, but wife has other plans.

No masks and you’d never know anything was going on.  It’s weird to hear you guys talk about it on here, ha. People in Mass not going about their business?

51 minutes ago, klw said:

Off topic:  As I was driving to work today, my mind wandered to the history of the NE subforum banter thread.  If I remember it correctly, didn't the banter thread get created as a place for weather related banter so as to avoid having it in either the monthly model thread or storm threads?  We had the Monthly thread which would in theory have serious discussion and be based on models.  When threats loomed, we would then have the threat thread and eventually an obs thread.  The banter thread was for other weather discussion that did not fit into those formats- ex discussion of that day's temps, snow pack, etc.

Is that correct or is my memory on this off?

Ha no that’s exactly what banter used to be.

Would see 15 posts a week of “79/63 partly sunny” in the summer :lol:.