Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

12 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well starting the 11th my work is back to wearing masks full time. We have over 20k employees. Substantial/high risk according to this map have to wear mask. Was fun while it lasted. 

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

Join the club. 
Nobody really does where I am. We keep them down around our chin unless we get up and move around. The day after the mandate went back, everybody who could stayed home again. We went from about 30% occupancy back down to about 10%. Why go in and wear the stupid thing when you can sit home on Zoom.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it's surprising that mask-wearing, hand-washing, and physical distancing cut down on viral transmission?

Working like a charm.

But the faster-spreading variant is finding its way even into states that outperformed in the vaccination campaign and have enforced strong mitigation measures. Twenty-three states and the nation’s capital have seen their seven-day average cases increase at least 50% in the past week, including such highly vaccinated states as Vermont, Washington state and Hawaii, according to CDC data.

34 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think the majority of Colleges/Universities in MA are going this route.

I'm sure nobody cares but that spells the end of my 18 year employment there unless they are going to make an exception for recent natural immunity.  The preponderance of evidence suggests I don't need the vaxx for another several months at least, at which time I'll likely be getting a hopefully reformulated version.  For now, I'm milking my hard earned immunity and confident I'm on solid scientific grounds, at least in so far as the state of the science goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Off topic:  As I was driving to work today, my mind wandered to the history of the NE subforum banter thread.  If I remember it correctly, didn't the banter thread get created as a place for weather related banter so as to avoid having it in either the monthly model thread or storm threads?  We had the Monthly thread which would in theory have serious discussion and be based on models.  When threats loomed, we would then have the threat thread and eventually an obs thread.  The banter thread was for other weather discussion that did not fit into those formats- ex discussion of that day's temps, snow pack, etc.

Is that correct or is my memory on this off?

• Like 1

Got to Dallas about 1. Staying in Farmers Branch. Bout 97. Dew point is 72. Feels like blast furnace. I kinda like it.  Hitting the pool soon. Stopped and got something to eat and went to Walmart. Petty normal here. Maybe saw one or two masks. Wouldn’t know anything was going on. People going about their business.  Pretty refreshing actually. 
Wish I could retire and move out of silly land. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I’m just stating what we saw up here in a place where hundreds of thousands of people visit each winter and folks routinely get smoked by various sicknesses every winter.  The number of call outs due to illness was all-time low.  No one puking in the bathroom from stomach bugs, no hoarse throats, no strep, no mono, … yes I’m aware people were getting COVID but I know I’m not the only one who noticed a vast reduction in the normal wintertime illnesses.  

It was over her head dude

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Got to Dallas about 1. Staying in Farmers Branch. Bout 97. Dew point is 72. Feels like blast furnace. I kinda like it.  Hitting the pool soon. Stopped and got something to eat and went to Walmart. Petty normal here. Maybe saw one or two masks. Wouldn’t know anything was going on. People going about their business.  Pretty refreshing actually. 

That's how I feel when I am in Randolph. One of the elderly neighbors was hugging my wife with no mask on last summer. Down in MD they were like 25 feet away minimum, fully-masked, and waving at the same time. 

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Local Walmart 75% masked and they have a "greeter" now stationed in the lobby again last couple visits I can tell they are just itching for the word go to inforce the mask policy again. Also no cash accepted for the last month due to "coin shortage".

Walmart 8 miles further out in the country has yet to say they have a coin shortage, and about 30% masked.

9 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

your on vacation or work? nothing better to do but to go to Walmart?