Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

55 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just don’t engage her. A little self control. If you don’t respond to it, there’s little reason to stay. She justs want attention. So why give it to her. Ignore it.

I’m not speaking directly about one poster, it’s more just a intent to cause drama and I think some welcome that to shut this Covid talk down 

16 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Dr. Eric Topol wrote a good article on how America is flying blind when it comes to the Delta variant...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/09/america-is-flying-blind-when-it-comes-to-the-delta-variant

I wonder if the lack of counting of breakthrough cases in our country is because they just want to keep calling it "a pandemic of the unvaccinated" here. We know from data from other countries like the UK and Israel that there are a huge amount of breakthrough cases. And as Eric Topol mentions in the article, some countries are reporting that 10% to 20% of their hospitalizations are in vaccinated people. In fact I just read an article that talked about the fact that the UK just released data on their Delta variant hospitalizations from July 19th to August 2nd. Of the 1,467 people that were hospitalized, 512 people (34.9%) were vaccinated. You have to wonder why other countries are reporting that a much higher percentage of people in hospitals are vaccinated. The United States just is not being honest about the fact that the Delta variant is causing a significant threat to vaccinated people. I was just reading about the outbreak that Iceland is having right now. They thought Covid was over, but now they're having a big outbreak due to the Delta variant. In Iceland, 93% of the population over 16 years old is vaccinated. Yet they're seeing an outbreak. The vaccines just are not stopping the transmission of the Delta variant.

Like masking and distancing has done so much to get rid of this world wide. :lol: So by all means, let’s do more if it. 
Pretty clear at this point the vax is only good for about 6-8 months. 
If your sick, stay home, drink fluids, take Tylenol. If your really sick, go to the hospital. Basically the same as we’ve done for the last several generations. This isnt going way. Learn to live with it or live in a closet with 5 masks and a face shield and wither your life away scared shyte less. 
I’ll take booster if it’s offered, and everyone should get vaxed. But society is going to have to move on or we become enslaved to it. 
Myself, I’d rather be 6 feet under than live masked, distanced and scared.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

link us up to these 2 articles. thanks.

The data on recent Delta hospitalizations in the UK...

https://eturbonews.com/3000042/hundreds-of-vaccinated-people-hospitalized-in-uk-with-delta/

There are plenty of articles on the problems that Iceland is having right now. I assume you know how to do a search. Here is one where the chief epidemiologist of Iceland talks about how they're finding that vaccinated people can easily contract and spread the virus...

https://www.icelandreview.com/society/covid-19-in-iceland-vaccination-has-not-led-to-herd-immunity-says-chief-epidemiologist/

Meanwhile, gobermant wants to mandate some more nice measures for us fine citizens

VERIFY: Yes, if passed, the infrastructure bill would eventually mandate alcohol monitoring systems in cars. The Verify team looked into social media claims that the massive 2,700 page bill includes a section mandating alcohol monitoring devices in new cars. This is true.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's become far more politicized now that we've got vaccines out there and we as a Country are virtually wide open again.  There's polarizing talking points on both sides with little acceptance or compromise about some ways we can move forward and not backwards to where we were.  

This thread has been polluted for a long time. The anti vaxx crap and government conspiracy is not ****ing banter and it shouldnt ****ing be here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

44 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Like masking and distancing has done so much to get rid of this world wide. :lol: So by all means, let’s do more if it. 
Pretty clear at this point the vax is only good for about 6-8 months. 
If your sick, stay home, drink fluids, take Tylenol. If your really sick, go to the hospital. Basically the same as we’ve done for the last several generations. This isnt going way. Learn to live with it or live in a closet with 5 masks and a face shield and wither your life away scared shyte less. 
I’ll take booster if it’s offered, and everyone should get vaxed. But society is going to have to move on or we become enslaved to it. 
Myself, I’d rather be 6 feet under than live masked, distanced and scared.

More ****ing bullshit. It never ends in here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What are the temps (F) where you are. I need cool temps to sleep or I turn into a monster 

This afternoon car thermo was reading 19C.   So 66F or so.   Sun feels strong though. Plus it doesn’t set until after 10.   Our hotel room (plus restaurants and stores) is very warm. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

huh? that doesn't provide any context for the percentage of people who were fully-vaccinated (2 shots + 2 weeks) who tested positive, were hospitalized, or died.

the point of the vaccine is to minimize severe cases and/or death, not to stop transmission.  and the reason that the delta variant has spread is that people won't get vaccinated and won't wear a stupid mask for a short period of time.

good grief.

How about vaccinated folks without a mask? They can't spread it. Do you have a link to a study?

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Vaccinated folks are far less likely to get symptoms, hospitalized, and die. They are less likely to get infected and less likely to spread it. 

Oh I understand that once vaccinated the virus becomes much less troublesome. Not sure there's any definitive proof that you are less likely to spread it once vaccinated. If you know of one please let me know.

• Like 2

In yet another unexpected and unwelcome twist in the pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released on Friday a report strongly suggesting that fully immunized people with so-called breakthrough infections of the Delta variant can spread the virus to others just as readily as unvaccinated people.Jul 30, 2021

Just now, kdxken said:

Oh I understand that once vaccinated the virus becomes much less troublesome. Not sure there's any definitive proof that you are less likely to spread it once vaccinated. If you know of one please let me know.

There's been a bunch of studies that onward transmission is reduced. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

In yet another unexpected and unwelcome twist in the pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released on Friday a report strongly suggesting that fully immunized people with so-called breakthrough infections of the Delta variant can spread the virus to others just as readily as unvaccinated people.Jul 30, 2021

That was probably unwise. First, you have to be infected to transmit, and you're less likely to get infected in the first place. Ct values being similar at an instance in time dont tell the whole story. Vaccinated people clear the infection much quicker than unvaccinated. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1