Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And if you did any research you’d know why cancer patients shouldn’t get it. Aside from why most healthy normal non cancer folks shouldn’t get it 

Dude, I researched it intensely in the weeks before I got vaxxed.  I don't rely on what a talking head on TV says.  I looked at stuff from mainstream sources and, well, non-mainstream sources.  I think I came across just about every theory that is out there.  And I still decided to take it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Dude, I researched it intensely in the weeks before I got vaxxed.  I don't rely on what a talking head on TV says.  I looked at stuff from mainstream sources and, well, non-mainstream sources.  I think I came across just about every theory that is out there.  And I still decided to take it.  

Cancer survivors specifically have all kinds of allergens  that they cannot risk that are in these faux vaccines . Many medical articles out there on it 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 6

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And if you did any research you’d know why cancer patients shouldn’t get it. Aside from why most healthy normal non cancer folks shouldn’t get it 

Lol.  I live with Chronic Leukemia.  Jumped to the front of the line to get the chip implant.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My mom has advanced stage 4 cancer and I go with her to Roswell cancer center every week. They recommended her to receive the vaccine while she was undergoing pretty severe immunotherapy treatment. Chemotherapy and radiation did not work last year. Keytruda immunotherapy has worked and shrunk the tumor near her brain by 75%.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Anybody wishing illness and death on somebody else is an insecure, classless piece of shit.  Period. 

Amen, I never step out of the NE forum, keep the universe smaller, but that’s some f’cked up shit if true.  One of the worst parts of COVID has been humanity turning on itself like it’s a two team sport… hoping the other/counter ideology crashes and burns. 

More interesting news out of Israel:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/report-14-israelis-have-caught-covid-19-despite-receiving-booster-shot/

Internal Health Ministry data shows that 14 Israelis have been infected with COVID-19 a week after receiving a booster shot, Channel 12 news reports.

The network says 11 of those infected are over the age of 60 — two of whom have now been hospitalized — while the other three got their third dose because they are immunocompromised.

If confirmed in larger samples, the figures could cast doubt on the effectiveness of the booster shot, which Israel has started administering before major health bodies around the world have approved it.

Israel's experience is really showing that mass vaccination is not going to end the casedemic or get us to "COVID zero." Other metrics are needed.

Or the Pfizer vaccine is really on the ropes and we just haven't come to terms with that here yet.

• Weenie 2

14 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

it’s not true. good grief, do any of you think for yourselves?

I still haven't looked, nor to I care to read threads once political groups gang up on each other.... If a thread is created to discuss certain posters and their vaccination statuses (if that's true), I'm not a fan. This is a weather/science forum... emotional responses should be kept in check.  That includes any indication that someone is happy about an outcome that results in more serious infections or deaths, vax or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/report-14-israelis-have-caught-covid-19-despite-receiving-booster-shot/

Israel's experience is really showing that mass vaccination is not going to end the casedemic or get us to "COVID zero." Other metrics are needed.

Or the Pfizer vaccine is really on the ropes and we just haven't come to terms with that here yet.

This thread is dumpster fire. 

14 infected within a week of receiving a booster effectively means nothing. Two weeks has always been the window to become fully effective. What is the total number of people who have received boosters? Plus the entire 14 case sample is either older or immunocompromised, both categories in which the vaccine is less effective to begin with. I just don't think there is any there there from what meager information is in that article.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I still haven't looked, nor to I care to read threads once political groups gang up on each other.... If a thread is created to discuss certain posters and their vaccination statuses (if that's true), I'm not a fan. This is a weather/science forum... emotional responses should be kept in check.  That includes any indication that someone is happy about an outcome that results in more serious infections or deaths.

Have you seen a winter threat thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Might be on to something Phin. Its hard to grasp and people dont want to grasp it. We all want the pandemic to end.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

This thread is dumpster fire. 

14 infected within a week of receiving a booster effectively means nothing. Two weeks has always been the window to become fully effective. What is the total number of people who have received boosters? Plus the entire 14 case sample is either older or immunocompromised, both categories in which the vaccine is less effective to begin with. I just don't think there is any there there from what meager information is in that article.

It is indeed a very small number so far. Some of you seem to think my posts are intended to question the effectiveness of the vaccines at preventing serious disease and death, and that causes some angst and defensiveness. Vaccines are very serious business here.

That's not my intent at all. I am not trying to create doubt about the vaccine (the vaccinated are doing enough of that to themselves). I am simply commenting on the "casedemic" and the government reaction to it. This early data is just another log on the fire that boosting everyone forever is still probably not going to stop these clusters of cases that can cause government overreactions and restrictions.

Hope that helps.

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Might be on to something Phin. Its hard to grasp and people dont want to grasp it. We all want the pandemic to end.

Things are going to get really hairy in this country in a couple months when the bulk of the late winter/early spring vax crowd starts to face waning immunity and has to go get boosters. There will be some headlines about a lot of breakthroughs and hospitalizations in the vaccinated. It'll be a tiny percentage but still turn heads because fear sells. We haven't really been mentally preparing people for the reality that this will happen in this country. My main interest is to see if the government overreacts. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It is indeed a very small number so far. Some of you seem to think my posts are intended to question the effectiveness of the vaccines at preventing serious disease and death, and that causes some angst and defensiveness. Vaccines are very serious business here.

That's not my intent at all. I am not trying to create doubt about the vaccine (the vaccinated are doing enough of that to themselves). I am simply commenting on the "casedemic" and the government reaction to it. This early data is just another log on the fire that boosting everyone forever is still probably not going to stop these clusters of cases that can cause government overreactions and restrictions.

Hope that helps.

Except you keep saying things like this.

There is plenty of evidence that the vaccines are effective at preventing cases as well as severe outcomes. That's why I brought up the denominator problem. Ballpark the population over 65 in Israel is around 1,000,000. Let's say a third have received a booster. 14 cases is .004%. Not .4%, .004%. That would be wildly effective at preventing cases, so I would say we should expect more than 14 cases even in booster scenarios based on what we know about the efficacy of these shots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

There is plenty of evidence that the vaccines are effective at preventing cases as well as severe outcomes. That's why I brought up the denominator problem. Ballpark the population over 65 in Israel is around 1,000,000. Let's say a third have received a booster. 14 cases is .004%. Not .4%, .004%. That would be wildly effective at preventing cases, so I would say we should expect more than 14 cases even in booster scenarios based on what we know about the efficacy of these shots.

Not really clear what you are arguing? I got it, the vaccine still works. You guys keep telling me that. I haven't ever doubted it is still working well at preventing death and serious illness. It's not as clear to me it is doing so hot at preventing that many cases since in this country we don't even track mild or moderate breakthrough cases, but we don't have good data so who knows. You can believe the media story that 99.99% of cases are the unvaccinated or whatever, that's fine.

A cluster of a little over a hundred breakthrough cases in MA was enough for the CDC to issue new guidance that has had major ripple effects across the country. It isn't taking much to move governments to implement new restrictions. A couple hundred breakthrough cases after the third booster seems like something that would cause a CDC overreaction...

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Ya it works but not good enough to keep people from dying. Even with everyone vaxxed there will still be enough cases to overwhelm the system.... Will then we shut it down is the question or keep chugging along.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Not really clear what you are arguing? I got it, the vaccine still works. You guys keep telling me that. I haven't ever doubted it is still working well at preventing death and serious illness. It's not as clear to me it is doing so hot at preventing that many cases since in this country we don't even track mild or moderate breakthrough cases, but we don't have good data so who knows. You can believe the media story that 99.99% of cases are the unvaccinated or whatever, that's fine.

A cluster of a little over a hundred breakthrough cases in MA was enough for the CDC to issue new guidance that has had major ripple effects across the country. It isn't taking much to move governments to implement new restrictions. A couple hundred breakthrough cases after the third booster seems like something that would cause a CDC overreaction...

I argue not because I think you're going to move off your position, you've made it clear that there is no amount of evidence that will get you to support public health measures. But if I can bring some reasoning to a three sentence article you posted that may convince one person to take public health guidance seriously or even to finally get the vaccine, it is worth it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I argue not because I think you're going to move off your position, you've made it clear that there is no amount of evidence that will get you to support public health measures. But if I can bring some reasoning to a three sentence article you posted that may convince one person to take public health guidance seriously or even to finally get the vaccine, it is worth it.

I pulled my 4 children out of school and keep them at home. With all due respect, that's a pretty big contribution to "public health measures" given all the hype around children being vectors in the schools. I'm guessing very few others here are even wearing masks despite the CDC saying they need to do so in many areas.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I pulled my 4 children out of school and keep them at home. With all due respect, that's a pretty big contribution to "public health measures" given all the hype around children being vectors in the schools. I'm guessing very few others here are even wearing masks despite the CDC saying they need to do so in many areas.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

prob should go to bed. take nate with you

6 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Ya it works but not good enough to keep people from dying. Even with everyone vaxxed there will still be enough cases to overwhelm the system.... Will then we shut it down is the question or keep chugging along.

:blink:

Objectively just not true. If that were the case Mass should be headed towards the breaking point after the P-town outbreak seeding its way across New England. Hospitalizations are a whole order of magnitude lower than they were at either of the previous peaks in Mass. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

:blink:

Objectively just not true. If that were the case Mass should be headed towards the breaking point after the P-town outbreak seeding its way across New England. Hospitalizations are a whole order of magnitude lower than they were at either of the previous peaks in Mass. 

Its not our cold/flu season yet. People arnt huddled inside. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/06/26/cdc-4115-fully-vaccinated-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-with-breakthrough-covid-19-infections/

Even with every american vaccinated their would still be to much death

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'm actually really happy that you can afford to make that decision with your kids. Truly. If I could I think my wife and I would do the same, but not everyone is in that position. So I get irritated when I see people who in the name of their freedom take away from my kids' freedom (I'm not singling you out here, but the broader "people" who actively flout the recommendations to make a statement). 

I can't force anyone to get a vaccine or get their kids vaccinated for COVID (of course we do for many other diseases), but the primary way my kid will not get it at school is if those people mask up in indoor, public settings at the current moment. I don't like it anymore than the next person (I've been wearing a mask at work for 8-10 hours a shift since last summer, I get it, I'm tired of it too).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Its not our cold/flu season yet. People arnt huddled inside. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/06/26/cdc-4115-fully-vaccinated-have-been-hospitalized-or-died-with-breakthrough-covid-19-infections/

Even with every american vaccinated their would still be to much death

This is what is going to send me out of Banter for the night. 

4,115 out of ~164,000,000. Even if the level of breakthrough infection was 10 or heck let's say 50 times higher than what has been reported that's still only .125% of vaccinated people.

• Like 1