Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

You seem to be borderline happy that vaccinated people are getting infected... the sack fungus/ball rot discussion in the August Disco continues to be more entertaining and interesting than COVID talk here in banter.  Yet it continues...

There is a thread in OT where people are taking bets on which poster here will get sick and die first. Maybe go tell them how that makes you feel?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There is a thread in OT where people are taking bets on which poster here will get sick and die first. Maybe go tell them how that makes you feel?

I don't feel the need because I don't even know what OT is.  If it's outside the New England section I don't bother with it.  But feel free to let them know bristolri_wx thinks it's shitty that's what they are discussing while you're there...

I don't feel the need because I don't even know what OT is.  If it's outside the New England section I don't bother with it.  But feel free to let them know bristolri_wx thinks it's shitty that's what they are discussing while you're there...

I wouldnt say hes coming off happy. He is however saying "I told you so"

16 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

You seem to be borderline happy that vaccinated people are getting infected... the sack fungus/ball rot discussion in the August Disco continues to be more entertaining and interesting than COVID talk here in banter.  Yet it continues...

He’s obsessed with the vaccine being a failure.

• Like 2

Hiked the volcano   Pretty epic if not as good as May.  Long walk up and down.  Got a flat after leaving.  Rental car had baloney skins on the wheels so not surprised. 

After cleaning up at the hotel had a decent lamb burger at an over priced outdoor restaurant.  People watching in Reykjavik is interesting. 

Walking around the city we saw this :

another restaurant    Figured some would enjoy it.   Carry on with the silliness 

28B8689F-C54B-4468-8B4C-EAA71E61A242.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Do you have a source for hospitalization and death data by vaccination status in this country? Israel seems to be a lot more open with this than we are...

I agree that they are about 2 months "ahead" of us with this. I expect October and November to get pretty hysterical in this country as vaccinated people start showing up more strongly in the severe outcome statistics, even if we try to whitewash it like we are now.

I don't.  The stuff I come across tends to be about an individual state or hospital, but it's pretty much always 90%+ in the hospital are unvaccinated, and sometimes it's closer to 100%

I think Israel recently reported that vaccine efficacy was down to like 17% in people who received it in January.  Would be important to find out if is that an age thing or if it tends to wear off at a similar rate across age groups.  The good news is that the vaccines are still holding up well against severe disease on a percentage basis.  But if more vaccinated people are getting sick to begin with, the numbers with severe illness are going to rise even if the % efficacy against severe illness never went down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hiked the volcano   Pretty epic if not as good as May.  Long walk up and down.  Got a flat after leaving.  Rental car had baloney skins on the wheels so not surprised. 

After cleaning up at the hotel had a decent lamb burger at an over priced outdoor restaurant.  People watching in Reykjavik is interesting. 

another restaurant    Figured some would enjoy it.   Carry on with the silliness 

How's the driving been over there? Calm or crazy?

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

How's the driving been over there? Calm or crazy?

Not bad.  Their roundabouts/rotaries are a bit different but not an issue.  Also driving a stick for the first time in a few years (other than on occasion ).

Thankfully the flat happened near a small town.  If it had been in parts of yesterday or the day before we might have had issues.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is amazing!

And they did blow it…

New and creative ways each night.  Barnes almost blew 3 games in two days with a home run but last night in Game 2 at least Kike caught it jumping into the wall.

Guess we need a closer now too, along with a lengthy list of other stuff lol.

Nothing like hiking listening to the radio feed, while getting soaked and having that spoil a walk through the mtns.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

New and creative ways each night.  Barnes almost blew 3 games in two days with a home run but last night in Game 2 at least Kike caught it jumping into the wall.

Guess we need a closer now too, along with a lengthy list of other stuff lol.

Nothing like hiking listening to the radio feed, while getting soaked and having that spoil a walk through the mtns.

Exactly why I stopped caring about sports many years ago.  I got tired of being depressed about my sportsball losses and find my life much more rewarding without it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Exactly why I stopped caring about sports many years ago.  I got tired of being depressed about my sportsball losses and find my life much more rewarding without it

I’m afraid I might watch or read the news instead, ha.  Don’t think I’ve seen a single news story not from this thread since the start of MLB season… that was my life rewarding move, cutting all that out.  Dropped cable… just NESN, Netflix, weather.gov, and AMWX is a helluva way to live lol.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

For me, it was getting tired or rooting against teams.  When your team is always bad so all you have left to root for is other team's failures, it's time to find other things to occupy your time.  I still hate the Pats though. :devilsmiley:

36 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m afraid I might watch or read the news instead, ha.  Don’t think I’ve seen a single news story not from this thread since the start of MLB season… that was my life rewarding move, cutting all that out.  Dropped cable… just NESN, Netflix, weather.gov, and AMWX is a helluva way to live lol.  

Yeah, I don't watch the news either - if there's one way to become miserable, that's the way.  Trixie is Exhibit A

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anti vaxx Rizzo positive for the Yanks 

I know it would be a small sample size but if someone could do a spread sheet of players across all sports. The vaxx vs unvaxxed... How many caught covid?

Maybe still early to do that. You couldnt count 2020 or even early 2021.

It would be interesting. Im to lazy to do the research, maybe count baseball a d start doing football.