Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

10 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

She dropped Folklore and Evermore at midnight while I was working midnights and I didn't hate it. 

I always have been impressed with her songwriting, but I started listening to the Ringer Dish podcast covering all her albums and now I'm convinced she could take over the world if she wanted to.

She is the best of her generation. There aren’t too many artists who can that can experiment with different genres and succeed at all and she’s done that. 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But 90% of the population is fully vaccinated. Round their population up to 10 mill for easy math and that's 9 million vaxxed versus 1 million unvaxxed...i.e. 209 out of 9 million versus 115 out of 1 million.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Where did you read 90%? It looks like the low 60s according to the trackers.

https://ourworldindata.org/vaccination-israel-impact

Sorry...adult population. Just using the tweet Deace quoted.

I'll add that I have no idea what the numbers officially are...but I'm sure that moron Steve Douche 100% doesn't know how to interpret statistics.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

But 90% of the population is fully vaccinated. Round their population up to 10 mill for easy math and that's 9 million vaxxed versus 1 million unvaxxed...i.e. 209 out of 9 million versus 115 out of 1 million.

I think that is just eligible adults. It's like 60% of the total population, I think.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There are plenty of unvaccinated people in Israel, but they are mostly young. The situation with the breakthrough cases is far worse than is being tracked or admitted in this country.

yup they unmasked and let her rip. now they look like Amerika 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Was splitting wood from a pile of wood I bucked two years ago, biggest spiders I've ever seen, big brown wolf spiders, Wiz's nightmare, also ran into a hornets nest so had to call it a day.

Yikes, hate when that happens. Been pretty good up north so far, not many spiders.

More ticks than I have ever seen though. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yikes, hate when that happens. Been pretty good up north so far, not many spiders.

More ticks than I have ever seen though. 

Ticks here too, no centipedes this year but plenty of spiders even inside the house, I think centipedes eat spiders so maybe that's a good sign, spiders do have their use other than to scare the crap out of Wiz.

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Ticks here too, no centipedes this year but plenty of spiders even inside the house, I think centipedes eat spiders so maybe that's a good sign, spiders do have their use other than to scare the crap out of Wiz.

I posted that a few months ago, seems like each year in MD we have either house centipedes or wolf spiders, never both at the same time. It goes back and forth each year. They are mortal blood enemies from what I understand. No overlap between their territories inside the walls. A 300 million year old struggle I guess, from back when they were each 5 feet long. LOL

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Sorry...adult population. Just using the tweet Deace quoted.

I'll add that I have no idea what the numbers officially are...but I'm sure that moron Steve Douche 100% doesn't know how to interpret statistics.

It will be fun trying to explain proportions to the American public when our percentage of hospitalized vaccinated starts going up.  For now though, we may be benefiting from a somewhat later ramp up of the vaccination campaign than Israel (meaning the vaccine hasn't worn off as much in our initial round of people) and we also have a more sizable pool of unvaccinated for delta to feast on, thus making the unvaccinated overwhelmingly dominate the hospital percentages.

I also read somewhere that some other countries tend to be more liberal with hospitalizing people, so that is something to keep in mind when comparing countries.  Some of the vaccinated in hospitals in other countries may not really need to be there.

9 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It will be fun trying to explain proportions to the American public when our percentage of hospitalized vaccinated starts going up.  For now though, we may be benefiting from a somewhat later ramp up of the vaccination campaign than Israel (meaning the vaccine hasn't worn off as much in our initial round of people) and we also have a more sizable pool of unvaccinated for delta to feast on, thus making the unvaccinated overwhelmingly dominate the hospital percentages.

I also read somewhere that some other countries tend to be more liberal with hospitalizing people, so that is something to keep in mind when comparing countries.  Some of the vaccinated in hospitals in other countries may not really need to be there.

Do you have a source for hospitalization and death data by vaccination status in this country? Israel seems to be a lot more open with this than we are...

I agree that they are about 2 months "ahead" of us with this. I expect October and November to get pretty hysterical in this country as vaccinated people start showing up more strongly in the severe outcome statistics, even if we try to whitewash it like we are now.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Do you have a source for hospitalization and death data by vaccination status in this country? Israel seems to be a lot more open with this than we are...

I agree that they are about 2 months "ahead" of us with this. I expect October and November to get pretty hysterical in this country as vaccinated people start showing up more strongly in the severe outcome statistics, even if we try to whitewash it like we are now.

You seem to be borderline happy that vaccinated people are getting infected... the sack fungus/ball rot discussion in the August Disco continues to be more entertaining and interesting than COVID talk here in banter.  Yet it continues...