Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

2 hours ago, hammerz_nailz said:

You have a nice place up in Randolph. Why don’t you take up fly fishing.? Get outside. It’s good for your head. 

Not aimed at Phin, quote for good idea… This goes for anyone stressed about COVID  (restrictions or sickness, equal levels of stress these days it seems) or even any daily life stress at all.  Two things linked to lower stress…. Outdoor activity and dogs.  Get a dog, go outside and find something to laugh about…. Sounds like a goddamn Men’s Health article but it’s true. 

I know some think I just hike mountains all day but believe it or not I do work and THEN grab the dog and head outside for a couple hours each evening.  If anyone thinks they are the only ones who get stressed over work, ha!  6-8pm this time of year (or 4:30-6:30am) are the golden hours this time of year. Get outside, big fan.

Even something as simple as floating around a pond in a kayak, wandering some local naturalist trails, take the kids, whatever.  The head clearing is incredible when you are outside in the water, woods, etc.

Highly recommend.  And dogs.  Everyone needs more dogs.  Ginxy knows.

</end camp counselor hippy bullshit from a white bread suburban kid who found the outdoors peaceful>

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

We just called it red beer, but I’ve heard them called red eye too. It’s pretty good actually. Coors Light blows but a little tomato juice and some salt on top is pretty good. 
Im not a huge beer drinker. I know what I like. Not a fan of IPAs either. I’ll stick with a Sam lager.

Yeah, I like a crisp, cold beer. I’ve never been a fan of ipas. I remember when the craft beer stuff started. Magic Hat #9 was like the first big hit up here. I just couldn’t get into it. I stuck with Mich Light and then Ultra. When I went to Germany a couple of summers ago, each restaurant/pub had their own Pilsner, I liked several of those. Basically, I have an unsophisticated palate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This goes for anyone stressed about COVID  (restrictions or sickness, equal levels of stress these days it seems) or even any daily life stress at all.  Two things linked to lower stress…. Outdoor activity and dogs.  Get a dog, go outside and find something to laugh about…. Sounds like a goddamn Men’s Health article but it’s true. 

I know some think I just hike mountains all day but believe it or not I do work and THEN grab the dog and head outside for a couple hours each evening.  If anyone thinks they are the only ones who get stressed over work, ha!  6-8pm this time of year (or 4:30-6:30am) are the golden hours this time of year.  Get outside, big fan.

Even something as simple as floating around a pond in a kayak, wandering some local naturalist trails, take the kids, whatever.  The head clearing is incredible when you are outside in the water, woods, etc.

</end camp counselor hippy bullshit from a white bread suburban kid who found the outdoors peaceful>

Good advice. Even the 2 mile bike path I have across the street is good for that, though my old dog only walks with me when my wife isn’t here and he doesn’t go very far. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Having to rebuild my whole phone today reminded me how terrible things have gotten with passwords and multi-factor authentication. All these crazy ass long passwords and logging in to different laptops or other phones to verify it's really me or get a passcode to enter. Damn annoying.

Select the crosswalks if you're not a robot.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I love when 1/8 of a traffic light is sneaking into an empty square and you have to make a guess as to whether it counts or not.

I screw up the traffic lights all the time.  I’m better with street signs. If I were them I’d do something fun, like chickens.

• Haha 2

Not aimed at Phin, quote for good idea… This goes for anyone stressed about COVID  (restrictions or sickness, equal levels of stress these days it seems) or even any daily life stress at all.  Two things linked to lower stress…. Outdoor activity and dogs.  Get a dog, go outside and find something to laugh about…. Sounds like a goddamn Men’s Health article but it’s true. 
I know some think I just hike mountains all day but believe it or not I do work and THEN grab the dog and head outside for a couple hours each evening.  If anyone thinks they are the only ones who get stressed over work, ha!  6-8pm this time of year (or 4:30-6:30am) are the golden hours this time of year.  Get outside, big fan.
camp counselor hippy bullshit from a white bread suburban kid who found the outdoors peaceful>

59d2ea256148debdd70c0a1737da489e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

camp counselor hippy bullshit from a white bread suburban kid who found the outdoors peaceful>

9563b06bc6ce705f5771cfd5d147721a.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Something to follow with the Patriots QB situation. Reading between the lines, Mac Jones is vaccinated, and cam Newton is not. That absolutely could play a role as we move forward here 

Oh wow. Ya it could. Maybe because cam thinks cause he caught it already.