Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, PhineasC said:

The flu numbers from the CDC are guesses, unlike the COVID numbers (supposedly). It hardly matters though. How do you keep everyone on the planet vaxxed every six months forever? Just play it out in your head. It makes no sense. We will need to learn to accept tens of thousands of COVID deaths here and up to a million worldwide. We don’t need to vaccinate everyone forever to hit those numbers. 

You saying everyone needs to be vaccinated makes no sense.  Not everyone will be vaccinated.  That's impossible for a multitude of reasons.  But we have a long way to go to reach levels that are acceptable and no longer pandemic.

31 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The government needs to do more than simply provide better "messaging." They need to say masks are not required for the vaccinated, period.

It's doesn't make sense to most people when the government says, "Vaccines work extremely well and prevent death, but vaccinated people need to mask up to stay safe."

lol mr anti government now demands government to again say mask are not required for the vaccinated.. we tried unmasking and jabbing.  we sorta failed the exam. but its probably not a wise strategy to run the same game plan and just assume  things are going to get better over the next month with out some common sense  and adjustments from us all. if we cant nip this in the bud all together that just opens the door wide open for  big corporations and government to start fighting dirty once it threatens their bottom lines and asses.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Than what is your point?

Stop thinking about this like the smallpox or polio vaccine campaigns. It’s more like a campaign to end the flu using the flu vaccine. Not going to work. Only end to this is we the people deciding it’s over. Otherwise, you end up like Australia and China. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Stop thinking about this like the smallpox or polio vaccine campaigns. It’s more like a campaign to end the flu using the flu vaccine. Not going to work. Only end to this is we the people deciding it’s over. Otherwise, you end up like Australia and China. 

I'm not looking at it like those at all.  That's what you think we are.  

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Big hedge funds and banks are buying up tons of property and then renting it out. There is a big push to turn America into a country of renters with a handful of large, government-backed landlords. Smaller landlords have to go in that scenario.

Yeah, it is crazy what is going on with eliminating  housing options from the lower and middle classes.

The lobby against defi-currencies is also pretty impressive. A lot of entities who do not want the little guy to have anything.

Don’t forget, during the gamestop madness you literally had hedge fund manager going on major networks decrying it as a war against the rich.  LMAO. 

There are much better methods for initializing a war against the rich and if you attempt to organize such endeavors you would end up in FBI custody.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it is crazy what is going on with eliminating  housing options from the lower and middle classes.

The lobby against defi-currencies is also pretty impressive. A lot of entities who do not want the little guy to have anything.

Don’t forget, during the gamestop madness you literally had hedge fund manager going on major networks decrying it as a war against the rich.  LMAO. 

There are much better methods for initializing a war against the rich and if you attempt to organize such endeavors you would end up in FBI custody.

It really is the very top elite versus everyone else. I really wish more people realized that. These guys became even wealthier because of COVID, to an outrageous degree. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

But the unvaccinated already decided it is over. We need you guys to come on board and stop saying mask and vaccine mandates make sense. 

And they're in the minority in this country.

Masks, properly worn, have proven to reduce transmission rates, so I have no problem if places want to implement those as they choose.

Vaccine mandates aren't being made at the State/Local level towards citizens, so not sure your point there.  If a business wants their employees vaccinated, that's their prerogative as we've given business the same rights as citizens for the most pat in this Country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

And they're in the minority in this country.

Masks, properly worn, have proven to reduce transmission rates, so I have no problem if places want to implement those as they choose.

Vaccine mandates aren't being made at the State/Local level towards citizens, so not sure your point there.  If a business wants their employees vaccinated, that's their prerogative as we've given business the same rights as citizens for the most pat in this Country.

Vaccine mandates just came down from the WH. What are you talking about?

Just now, PhineasC said:

No, only millions of them.

I get it, you are being IMBY here like a true weather weenie. If they aren’t mandating vaccines in your town, it’s not any concern. That’s fine. 

I have no problem with the WH mandating vaccines for Federal employees.  It didn't take an order from the Owner of my company to get people vaccinated.  We all jumped at the chance once they 1st became available. 

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I have no problem with the WH mandating vaccines for Federal employees.  It didn't take an order from the Owner of my company to get people vaccinated.  We all jumped at the chance once they 1st became available. 

Federal contractors are not the same thing as Federal employees.

I am not surprised to hear you jumped at the chance to get vaccinated at the first opportunity. I assume you will also be first in line for a booster too.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I am not surprised to hear you jumped at the chance to get vaccinated at the first opportunity. I assume you will also be first in line for a booster too.

I was in line as soon as I was eligible and will get a boost too. I don’t want that shyte. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I was in line as soon as I was eligible and will get a boost too. I don’t want that shyte. 

There is a decent chance you already had COVID.

But the vaccine should always be free and readily available to all who want it. It will be just like the flu vaccine. People will get it in some cases because they just don't feel like dealing with Omega 'vid this year. That's why I get the flu vaccine.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

What you said.  I'll be getting it as well.  My bet is by October/November, we see the FDA give full approval for Pfizer and maybe even Moderna's mRNA vaccines.  This will allow boosters to be give unless we see the EUA broadened to include them prior to full FDA approval.

I don't want to risk contracting the virus.  Seen far too many friends/family contract it with some cases being severe, including hospitalization.  Hell one of own own Forum members died from it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

There is a decent chance you already had COVID.

But the vaccine should always be free and readily available to all who want it. It will be just like the flu vaccine. People will get it in some cases because they just don't feel like dealing with Omega 'vid this year. That's why I get the flu vaccine.

Back in the winter there was a week where  I kept smell burnt ashes. Like old wet cigarettes. Hmmm

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

What you said.  I'll be getting it as well.  My bet is by October/November, we see the FDA give full approval for Pfizer and maybe even Moderna's mRNA vaccines.  This will allow boosters to be give unless we see the EUA broadened to include them prior to full FDA approval.

I don't want to risk contracting the virus.  Seen far too many friends/family contract it with some cases being severe, including hospitalization.  Hell one of own own Forum members died from it.

I don't know anyone who had more than a mild case of the sniffles from it. It is kind of interesting how much it varies from person to person.

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Back in the winter there was a week where  I kept smell burnt ashes. Like old wet cigarettes. Hmmm

I think many more people had COVID than the official tally says and they didn't even realize. Many people have delta now too, IMO.

I flew all over the place in 2020 and ate out constantly. I definitely got it.