Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not ignoring it at all.  Public policy is trying to stay ahead of the curve by making recommendations more stringent than what may be necessary.  You act as if we're back to March 2020 when we basically couldn't leave our homes unless we were essential workers.  This was from the Federal/State level where we were all shut down.  Now we have sporadic places that feel the need to enact some more stringent measures and the sky is falling down to you.

LOL is this what we are calling the "never-ending casedemic" now?

The new recommendations were made because the CDC realized the vaccinated are spreading the virus around.

It's crazy to me that people do not see that we are headed in the same direction as Europe, towards an Australia-style COVID zero policy.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My life and job. I live it 

Do these people get the flu shot? And is their only hesitance that it's mNRA technology, which so far has proven to be safe, for the majority, in the near term, and inconclusive at worst in the longer term (since we have no data). Just trying to get an understanding on why, especially when potentially dealing with elderly or immune compromised folks, why they would risk the chance of subjecting those people to a higher viral load if not necessary? Just trying to learn the reasoning here

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You really seem to just be stubbornly ignoring the fact that policy is being set on cases, not hospitalizations and deaths. 

I guess the ostrich maneuver is one approach.

Most are following the CDC guidelines, mis-guided as they are. I talked to someone this morning at my work whos in the know so to speak. We did it for a CYA legal thing as much as anything. else. 

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Most are following the CDC guidelines, mis-guided as they are. I talked to someone this morning at my work whos in the know so to speak. We did it for a CYA legal thing as much as anything. else. 

Most companies are likely doing it for the CYA thing. The root problem was the CDC, which sent everyone in a tizzy. 

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When so many hundreds of thousands of nurses and doctors that are healthcare professionals in the know refuse to get the poison injected into their arms.. it should really make folks think things thru 

Hundreds of thousands?   You have a link to this horseshit?  I know a lot of doctors and nurses across the country.  Near 100% vaccination rate among them.   I love you but stop selling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

LOL is this what we are calling the "never-ending casedemic" now?

The new recommendations were made because the CDC realized the vaccinated are spreading the virus around.

It's crazy to me that people do not see that we are headed in the same direction as Europe, towards an Australia-style COVID zero policy.

From your perspective. 

We opened up this Country in April/May and look what that brought us.  You think that policy works or worked?  I think we rushed things on a National level because the political push to open things up was over-whelming. We're now having to backtrack that policy based up rising cases, and now rising hospitalizations and deaths.  Had it only been cases rising, I think things would be different.  Cases are a leading indicator by a few weeks.  States that have higher vaccination rates are showing that the higher case loads do not lead to a spike in hospitalizations or deaths.  Again, play it conservative for a bit longer to see how things shake out.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Me too,  Millions of front line health care workers have chosen to get vaccinate cause they've seen what a sick Covid patient is like and would rather be vaccinated than risk the opposite.

Yeah that's been my experience, anyone I know associated at all to the medical field has gotten it, from first responders to nurses to hospital staff to primary care offices, family, family friend's in the field, etc.  There's no doubt you can find some or a couple if you look for them by I'd wager the vast, vast majority have gotten the vaccination working in those settings.

Is there a medical professional on this forum who hasn't?

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yep, the CDC guidelines and guidance from the WH carry a lot of weight because they provide top cover. This also makes it riskier as a high-profile business or organization to go against the grain.

The headline would say:

"Major MA lab flouts CDC guidelines and pays the price with local COVID outbreak."

That's why I am just shaking my head at people who think the CDC is making the right call or that higher vaccination rates will magically fix this mentality.

5 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Masks are easy for employers... it is an extremely easy way to reduce liability.  Like making an employee wear a hard hat or any other PPE like safety glasses.

Big step from there to vaccination status but masks are extremely easy no brainer for a company's legal team IMO.

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not ignoring it at all.  Public policy is trying to stay ahead of the curve by making recommendations more stringent than what may be necessary.  You act as if we're back to March 2020 when we basically couldn't leave our homes unless we were essential workers.  This was from the Federal/State level where we were all shut down.  Now we have sporadic places that feel the need to enact some more stringent measures and the sky is falling down to you.

I actually don't have a huge problem with it, on some base level. I just think the CDC's metric needs to include hospitalizations and deaths. To make a blanket 50 case per week average/100k without the other being a part of any metric for restriction recommendations penalizes areas with low deaths, low hospitalizations, and high vax rates. 

It makes zero sense to have the same recommendations in Massachusetts as compared to Louisiana just because both states are above the same case threshold when the hospital and death metrics are completely 180 degrees different. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

From your perspective. 

We opened up this Country in April/May and look what that brought us.  You think that policy works or worked?  I think we rushed things on a National level because the political push to open things up was over-whelming. We're now having to backtrack that policy based up rising cases, and now rising hospitalizations and deaths.  Had it only been cases rising, I think things would be different.  Cases are a leading indicator by a few weeks.  States that have higher vaccination rates are showing that the higher case loads do not lead to a spike in hospitalizations or deaths.  Again, play it conservative for a bit longer to see how things shake out.

In the UK, only 45 people under the age of 50 died from Delta. The man on the TV is SE Mass is probably not mentioning that little stat.

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yep, the CDC guidelines and guidance from the WH carry a lot of weight because they provide top cover. This also makes it riskier as a high-profile business or organization to go against the grain.

The headline would say:

"Major MA lab flouts CDC guidelines and pays the price with local COVID outbreak."

That's why I am just shaking my head at people who think the CDC is making the right call or that higher vaccination rates will magically fix this mentality.

Well it's was clear up until vaccinations came on board that the alternative was worse. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I can’t even describe it.  You can see 30 miles in all directions and then giant cliffs and mountains rise up. So green. So many horses. 

A couple of my friends surfed there several years ago. The said you could not describe the natural beauty 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My life and job. I live it 

#ConfirmationBias

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When so many hundreds of thousands of nurses and doctors that are healthcare professionals in the know refuse to get the poison injected into their arms.. it should really make folks think things thru 

I would love to hear your definition of "Poison" and substantiate that definition with facts.

• Thanks 1

While vaccinations still appear to reduce a person’s overall risk of catching the delta variant, research published Friday by Public Health England (PHE) found early evidence that people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may be able to transmit the hyper infectious strain just as easily as those who aren’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that's been my experience, anyone I know associated at all to the medical field has gotten it, from first responders to nurses to hospital staff to primary care offices, family, family friend's in the field, etc.  There's no doubt you can find some or a couple if you look for them by I'd wager the vast, vast majority have gotten the vaccination working in those settings.

Is there a medical professional on this forum who hasn't?

my wife is a doctor and she and every doctor she/we know has gotten the vax...however, a not insignificant portion of the staff have not...i'm not sure what their plan is with that going forward...

• Thanks 1

Just now, kdxken said:

While vaccinations still appear to reduce a person’s overall risk of catching the delta variant, research published Friday by Public Health England (PHE) found early evidence that people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 may be able to transmit the hyper infectious strain just as easily as those who aren’t. 

It has to be getting hard for the diehard "just force-vax everyone to end this" people to be ignoring the growing evidence that the narrative has collapsed. We aren't vaccinating our way out of a zero-COVID policy.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Hundreds of thousands?   You have a link to this horseshit?  I know a lot of doctors and nurses across the country.  Near 100% vaccination rate among them.   I love you but stop selling.

NAM run comes out with 1-3" grazing the coast but someone thinks its really "signaling" 6-12 back to "the river."

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

From your perspective. 

If you look at other countries where delta peaked, it took 7-8 weeks from valley to peak then the drop. If it holds here, which I think it will, we should peak around the first week of September, lat week of august. 

• Like 1

Just now, kdxken said:

And Phin thins we don't know this.

• Haha 1

Just now, MacChump said:

my wife is a doctor and she and every doctor she/we know has gotten the vax...however, a not insignificant portion of the staff have not...i'm not sure what their plan is with that going forward...

Curious if you mean medical staff or other staff?  I know like Nursing Homes had a huge issue not with their medical staff but others who work there... admin, custodial, maintenance, etc.

10 minutes ago, natedizel said:

Quick question guys cause it bugging me.

Why couldnt people pay rent when everyone who got laid off cause of covid collected and got extra $600 a week?

I have a very nice and wonderful friend who owns a 5 apt complex and has gotten screwed over . She still has to pay her mortgage and taxes and the CT dispersal of assistance is a joke. She was actually on local news placing a call to the assistance hotline on TV. She was caller 882 and the wait time was 4000 minutes. Yes that's exactly what the line said on TV. This was the day after on the same channel the state director of housing said it was all going smoothly.