Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

37 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That was from the P-town data. those people were packed together like sardines. And from what I've been able to hear, the amount in the nose went down really fast in the vaxed (the viral particles didn't infect the cells of the airway, that's what that data tells me). Doenst mean much if its "in the nose". It needs to actively infect the airway to be readily transmissible over time. 

I'd be more inclined to go with what you are saying if other nations weren't making the vaccinated mask-up (and lock down, in some cases) based on their own data.

The CDC is totally politicized now, so I don't really trust them, but other nations are doing the same thing. I doubt Israel and Iceland are using P-town data.

37 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hopefully this agenda works.  We're seeing States with lower vaccination rates seeing large month over month increase.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/covid-vaccinations-more-than-double-in-arkansas-mississippi-louisiana-alabama.html

I wonder what your storyline will be when vaccination rates increase but restrictions and masks remain?

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Did you notice any shortages are empty shelves?  
My job takes me to a few different supermarket chains and at least in this area there are definitely some gaps on the shelves right now.

Not for what I was laser focused on buying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

More evidence that cases are uncoupling. 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yep, we good in MA.  Vaccinations good.

Good example of the vaccines preventing severe illness. 

Massachusetts will actually be a good test moving forward given the vaccination numbers here. Cases keep rising, but so far, deaths aren’t following 

• Like 2

I'm not sure why it's so hard to grasp when it's smacking us all in the face.  We need to vaccinate as many people as possible to get ourselves out if this.  Natural immunity is an option as well but that's not going to break this cycle nearly as fast as mass vaccinating will.  Look at states with high rates of vaccinated.  Low deaths, low hospitalizations even though cases have gone up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yep, we good in MA.  Vaccinations good.

Give 3 months and it will starting to spike there again

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm not sure why it's so hard to grasp when it's smacking us all in the face.  We need to vaccinate as many people as possible to get ourselves out if this.  Natural immunity is an option as well but that's not going to break this cycle nearly as fast as mass vaccinating will.  Look at states with high rates of vaccinated.  Low deaths, low hospitalizations even though cases have gone up.  

Look at the weather, your gonna spike again in Nov when everyone goes back indoors. Seasonality is a thing

13 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Give 3 months and it will starting to spike there again

Look at the weather, your gonna spike again in Nov when everyone goes back indoors. Seasonality is a thing

He is just plugging his ears and pretending that the government is basing their guidelines on deaths and not cases. The CDC guidance that started all this was based on cases and spread amongst the vaccinated, but he doesn't want to hear it. Easier to live in a fantasy world I guess.

Countries with high vaccination rates are locking back down over cases and vaccinated spread. It's coming to his little corner of MA too. He is just in denial.

Just now, PhineasC said:

You really seem to just be stubbornly ignoring the fact that policy is being set on cases, not hospitalizations and deaths. 

I guess the ostrich maneuver is one approach.

I'm not ignoring it at all.  Public policy is trying to stay ahead of the curve by making recommendations more stringent than what may be necessary.  You act as if we're back to March 2020 when we basically couldn't leave our homes unless we were essential workers.  This was from the Federal/State level where we were all shut down.  Now we have sporadic places that feel the need to enact some more stringent measures and the sky is falling down to you.

• Thanks 1