Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

If he sold he’d be richer . That’s the truth 

Eventually I probably will. In my particular business, I am still below the size where you usually can find a buyer. My revenue streams are fairly stable, so selling out would eliminate some stress but probably not be better financially for me right now.

I sure do wish the government would stop making threats about COVID though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Eventually I probably will. In my particular business, I am still below the size where you usually can find a buyer. My revenue streams are fairly stable, so selling out would eliminate some stress but probably not be better financially for me right now.

I sure do wish the government would stop making threats about COVID though.

They’re certainly not my government or yours 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, UMB WX said:

yeah  go ahead and  try and paint POC and immigrants as the lone face of the unvaccinated.  

it’s part of a conversation. So overly sensitive 

1 hour ago, UMB WX said:

blame everyone else while white adults account for the largest share of unvaccinated adults.

lather, rinse, repeat.

White adults are the largest % of the total population as a whole , so of course they will have the highest number unvaccinated . . I don’t blame the unvaccinated , I personal don’t care who is or who isn’t .

But trying to solve a “problem” and ignoring huge discrepancies In total percentage by ethnicity vaccinated is par for the course for people who don’t solve problems and just whine And name call bc it’s become politically correct 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Nationwide hospitalizations are at a similar level as the peak of the summer 2020 surge.  I would presume that the average age is younger this time.

Is there any data for average age of hospitalization by state 

A friend told me in Florida it’s in the mid 40’s but I haven’t been able to find age data which is Important.

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

it’s part of a conversation. So overly sensitive 

White adults are the largest % of the total population as a whole , so of course they will have the highest number unvaccinated . . I don’t blame the unvaccinated , I personal don’t care who is or who isn’t .

But trying to solve a “problem” and ignoring huge discrepancies In total percentage by ethnicity vaccinated is par for the course for people who don’t solve problems and just whine And name call bc it’s become politically correct 

My parents and other age susceptible people in my life are vaccinated, I'll probably get around to it eventually. Not a big priority considering my age and health. I'm probably more likely to die in a car accident on the way to getting the vaccine.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No that is not fact. I just cited one study of Ptown and there’s a bunch of others that now show vaxxed spread equally or in some cases like Ptown was .. faster than the unvaxxed . My point is .. why do people care? We live in the USA and are free to make our own decisions. Or at least we were until January 17th

I almost didn’t take the bait but couldn’t resist. What USA do you speak of- it’s certainly not the country in which you currently live. Maybe brush up on a few things other than conspiracy theories, like Massachusetts case law for instance— via the Indiana Court of Appeals:

E9EF5303-FC63-4BC0-9E27-82F4D1E6B6A2.jpeg

Just now, Supernovice said:

I almost didn’t take the bait but couldn’t resist. What USA do you speak of- it’s certainly not the country in which you currently live. Maybe brush up on a few things other than conspiracy theories, like Massachusetts case law for instance— via the Indiana Court of Appeals:

So... why isn't the state just mandating vaccines then? Why are they asking private businesses to do it? According to your post, it's plenty legal for the government to simply do it.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

So... why isn't the state just mandating vaccines then? Why are they asking private businesses to do it? According to your post, it's plenty legal for the government to simply do it.

I think we both know that will immediately follow the full authorization in a couple of weeks. The Indiana S.C. ruled against students saying vaccine requirements were unconstitutional to attend college for context. I really don’t care either way- just saying the constitution is not on the side of the unvaccinated. America was never free (gasp).

2 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I think we both know that will immediately follow the full authorization in a couple of weeks. The Indiana S.C. ruled against students saying vaccine requirements were unconstitutional to attend college for context. I really don’t care either way- just saying the constitution is not on the side of the unvaccinated. America was never free (gasp).

I don't think the government is going to mandate vaccines because it is just not that clear cut legally and there will be a lot of pushback. They will work through businesses, just like they work through businesses to violate people's free speech rights and spy on US citizens already.

55 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Nationwide hospitalizations are at a similar level as the peak of the summer 2020 surge.  I would presume that the average age is younger this time.

in NH the last time the case #s were where they are at today, hospitalizations were 10x higher. 35 hospitalizations as of today, vs 1,000 total cases.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I don't think the government is going to mandate vaccines because it is just not that clear cut legally and there will be a lot of pushback. They will work through businesses, just like they work through businesses to violate people's free speech rights and spy on US citizens already.

That’s fine that you don’t think so and maybe you’ll be right.

But it is very clear cut from a legal perspective. It doesn’t get anymore clear cut tbh. People can and will appeal to the SC but I don’t even know that they would take the case given that the legal precedent has been set…since 1905.

4 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

That’s fine that you don’t think so and maybe you’ll be right.

But it is very clear cut from a legal perspective. It doesn’t get anymore clear cut tbh. People can and will appeal to the SC but I don’t even know that they would take the case given that the legal precedent has been set…since 1905.

People have, in the past, tried legal appeals to stop municipalities from dumping fluoride in public water supplies with little or no success. That, in some ways,  is forced or at least unsolicited medication for what amounts to a cosmetic disease. So yeah, I think you may be right. 

11 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

in NH the last time the case #s were where they are at today, hospitalizations were 10x higher. 35 hospitalizations as of today, vs 1,000 total cases.

Same in Massachusetts. There’s about 230 in the hospital out of 18,000 beds in the states. Deaths have been flat for 2 months. Right now we’re at about 1000 positives per day and 2 deaths a day on a 7 day average.

Back in April of 2020, the peak back then, there were 2000 positives per day, 4000 in the hospital and 200 deaths a day. Very different place than today.

Yet the hospitalizations and deaths play no part in the CDC metrics for their current guide lines. It’s all cases. Why?

39 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

39 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Just because the court made a ruling in 1905, doesn’t mean it was correct. 
Ever heard of Plessy v Ferguson? Can you tell me what that was and what case overturned it? No google cheat.

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just because the court made a ruling in 1905, doesn’t mean it was correct. 
Ever heard of Plessy v Ferguson? Can you tell me what that was and what case overturned it? No google cheat.

Nope never heard of it. Separate but equal, brown v board of Ed…try patronizing someone else.

Legal precedent can be overturned yes, is it likely to be overturned…almost certainly not.

But maybe you’re right, conservative lawyers have always had a problem with states rights— right?

It might not hit the Supreme Court, but there are going to be a lot of wrongful termination lawsuits over this.

What do I do as an employer if the employee refuses to provide vaccine status or test results? Fire him/her on the spot? I am not so sure I have legal protection there. I could definitely see the EEOC and state labor boards not agreeing that was a bonafide reason to fire someone. This will be a mess for companies that operate across state lines and globally.

Us in the construction trades never stopped lol .I shook hands with customers (most were old timers) back in April 2020 when I went to do electrical estimates. That's business and it's what you do . There was no way I would refuse someone reaching out . Well...maybe there's a few I would refuse 
Yeah, I'm not a fist or elbow bumper. Seems trendy and unnatural

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk