Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a legitimate question. Why do the vaccinated care so much about the unvaccinated? Especially when the large majority of studies show it’s the vaccinated that are spreading it since they think they’re invincible? Why do they care so much what other people do or don’t do?

Like I said a day or 2 ago-lines in the sand. We should all be looking for common ground..

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Like I said a day or 2 ago-lines in the sand. We should all be looking for common ground..

Yeah I just don’t understand. All of us have made our choices. The unvaxxed don’t question the unvaxxed. We don’t care . Do what you feel is best and that’s great. But so many of the vaxxed seem to not be able control themselves and look down upon those that chose other paths. I mean who cares? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The vaccinated are dealing with a lot of conflicting narratives right now. They are simultaneously being told they are the key to ending COVID and also part of the reason it is still enduring. Their vaccines are both still 98% effective and already failing due to variants (meaning they need boosters). It's been a rough two weeks for this gang. 

7 out of 10 vaxxed in Ptown still contracted it and spread it . It’s just facts . But they still look down on unvaxxed 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

7 out of 10 vaxxed in Ptown still contracted it and spread it . It’s just facts . But they still look down on unvaxxed 

The idea is vaccinated spread less which is fact, and reduces overall hospitalizations and deaths. P town as we said many times was a unique setup where 10s of thousands of people were together in tightly packed areas for days. There are thousands and thousands who did not get sick or contract it. The CDC is pretty dumb IMO to use that example to make policy. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The idea is vaccinated spread less which is fact, and reduces overall hospitalizations and deaths. P town as we said many times was a unique setup where 10s of thousands of people were together in tightly packed areas for days. There are thousands and thousands who did not get sick or contract it. The CDC is pretty dumb IMO to use that example to make policy. 

No that is not fact. I just cited one study of Ptown and there’s a bunch of others that now show vaxxed spread equally or in some cases like Ptown was .. faster than the unvaxxed . My point is .. why do people care? We live in the USA and are free to make our own decisions. Or at least we were until January 17th

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No that is not fact. I just cited one study of Ptown and there’s a bunch of others that now show vaxxed spread equally or in some cases like Ptown was .. faster than the unvaxxed . My point is .. why do people care? We live in the USA and are free to make our own decisions. Or at least we were until January 17th

Would love to see that. I think you’re getting it confused with potential spreading. And again ptown was an egregious example. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This thread is like team sports forum but society… very weird.

Suggest more in here get outside once in a while.  Just to get away from hammering Adderall and settling in for 12 hours of debate.  

CB57348E-1B48-403B-9205-6546646E6853.thumb.jpeg.5a15b556408f53e10d65795d9cecc235.jpeg

I am staring down the barrel of having to tell over 120 people they have to get vaccinated and prove that to me or prove to me each week they don't have COVID. I sure wish I could just climb a mountain all day instead.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yes. To use the p- town situation to make policy for the whole US is irresponsible. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Would love to see that. I think you’re getting it confused with potential spreading. And again ptown was an egregious example. 

And the CDC director is from Boston. Of all people she should know what the situation is out there. Maybe she’s sheltered and has no idea. But somebody should have pulled her aside and clued her in.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am staring down the barrel of having to tell over 120 people they have to get vaccinated and prove that to me or prove to me each week they don't have COVID. I sure wish I could just climb a mountain all day instead.

Business owners all around are making those decisions.  You’re the big boss.  This seems very personal.

I read it all, it’s entertaining.  But I’ll never believe there aren’t some serious amphetamines getting housed in this thread for some to stay so laser focused on this topic from morning to night.  It’s like in college when a friend says take this, it’ll help with your paper and then you write a 19-page introduction paragraph.  It’s the only way to stay so astutely focused on a topic all day every day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Business owners all around are making those decisions.  You’re the big boss.  This seems very personal.

I read it all, it’s entertaining.  But I’ll never believe there aren’t some serious amphetamines getting housed in this thread for some to stay so laser focused on this topic from morning to night.  It’s like in college when a friend says take this, it’ll help with your paper and then you write a 19-page introduction paragraph.  It’s the only way to stay so astutely focused on a topic all day every day.

said on a board where people stay up til 2 am every night for a week over four inches of snow

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There’s no local sports ball team game on tonight. They got pounded this afternoon. So this is the entertainment tonight.