Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

32 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How so?

A study published June 14 in the journal The Lancet examined the impact of the delta variant in Scotland, where it had become the dominant strain. The researchers found that the risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 was roughly doubled for patients infected with delta, compared with people infected with the alpha variant. 

Deaths. 

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Lol, cmon I'm 48 though. I don't like using the PC "African american" and "black " is considered racist by some, so "colored" seemed safe

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Colored just seems outdated.  I use African American or black.  I don't think black is offensive at all, unless you refer to people as "the blacks" or something.

• Like 2

Just now, kdxken said:

Link to any study that indicates it's "stronger"?

Alpha caused a lot more deaths than delta seems to be doing, even among the unvaccinated. The death rate for those under 50 in the UK was 0.02%, lower than alpha I think. My post was based on that factoid. If you want to be super scared of delta as a killer, don’t let me stop you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Alpha caused a lot more deaths than delta seems to be doing, even among the unvaccinated. The death rate for those under 50 in the UK was 0.02%, lower than alpha I think. My post was based on that factoid. If you want to be super scared of delta as a killer, don’t let me stop you. 

Just curious, how did they come up with that 0.02% figure in the UK?  Was everybody and their brother who flagged a positive PCR test included in the denominator?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Link?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Link?

Overall CFR after Delta was 0.186%.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

See page 14.

Deaths from Delta under age 50 were 0.02% of total cases. I thought it broke out by unvaccinated but I guess it doesn't. It was 45 deaths though, so basically noise. Unvaccinated people did not die in large numbers from Delta.

16 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Just curious, how did they come up with that 0.02% figure in the UK?  Was everybody and their brother who flagged a positive PCR test included in the denominator?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

I didn't dig into the methodology. They are probably not as dumb as we are in terms of labeling everything a case at the drop of a hat.

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The unvaccinated cut across all stripes. I know this busts the easy Trump narrative you heard on MSNBC. I am not asking you to believe it. I don’t really care.

it sure does cut across all stripes.  but for people people who can handle math won't worry about blaming Black people for extending the life of the virus or creating the problems the country is experiencing.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a legitimate question. Why do the vaccinated care so much about the unvaccinated? Especially when the large majority of studies show it’s the vaccinated that are spreading it since they think they’re invincible? Why do they care so much what other people do or don’t do?

The vaccinated are dealing with a lot of conflicting narratives right now. They are simultaneously being told they are the key to ending COVID and also part of the reason it is still enduring. Their vaccines are both still 98% effective and already failing due to variants (meaning they need boosters). It's been a rough two weeks for this gang.