• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

What is the percent of African American population that has been vaccinated...

Has been a lot of fingers pointed which I don’t agree with but most at republicans of course , no shock . But I can’t find data by ethnicity . I do know the African American community is not very trusting of the drug companies but this Gets zippo coverage ....

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has been a lot of fingers pointed which I don’t agree with but most at republicans of course , no shock . But I can’t find data by ethnicity . I do know the African American community is not very trusting of the drug companies but this Gets zippo coverage ....

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

~28%

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I am not sure what you are saying.....unless things get catastrophic 1918 style lockdowns are over-and frankly other than public transportation including air and rail and the health care system masks are not required.   

Tell that to the millions of employees who’s company’s imposed mask mandates the last couple of days. Workers across the country are required to wear one. People can choose not to patronize a business if they require it for customers, but for all these employees, myself included, that wear one day in and day out, life isn’t normal. I was talking with a couple of coworkers today, and we do t see how the masking ends now for employees. As long as the CDC metrics for mask recommendations stay where they are and based just on cases, it’ll never end. 50 positives per 100,000 on a weekly average basis is a recipe for forever masking. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Looks like Gullfoss.  I only went down the wooden steps there, better view of the lower rapids, poorer for that upper fall.  We did the touristy Golden Circle tour and Gullfoss was the highest highlight.  (Though the host's comment "If you're lost in an Icelandic forest, stand up!" drew laughs, especially from a Maine forester.)

Yeah. Gullfoss was more impressive than I though.  We thought Thingvellir National Park was the best though.  That’s where you can measure the plates pulling away 2cm per year

Saw our first glacier today from Gullfoss.    Kayaking a glacial lagoon Friday

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Any you know exactly who I blame for the current predicament you're in.

I know who you blame. But that’s somewhat misguided blame. This new CDC guideabce is based on P-town, almost exclusively. They did it because there were vaxed people in p-town that picked up virus in the nose at levels seen in unvaxed. Never mind the vaxed weren’t symptomatic or had a sniffle. Never mind the hospitalization numbers were a grand total of 7 with no deaths. They blatently used an event that had so many caveats to basically make a federal mandate. They new business would react just to keep lawsuits at bay. You can blame the unvaxed all you want but this was really based on vaxed people getting what amounts to a cold and pushing us toward a zero Covid policy. My company is 80% vaxed. Unvaxed we’re required to wear a mask and do a once a week Covid test. But yea, let’s put masks back on the rest of us 8 hours a day.  It didn’t affect 75% of the rest of the company because they let them sit on their fat ass at home on zoom while the lab workers and managers are at work pushing new drugs through the pipeline that keeps the company a float. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Tell that to the millions of employees who’s company’s imposed mask mandates the last couple of days. Workers across the country are required to wear one. People can choose not to patronize a business if they require it for customers, but for all these employees, myself included, that wear one day in and day out, life isn’t normal. I was talking with a couple of coworkers today, and we do t see how the masking ends now for employees. As long as the CDC metrics for mask recommendations stay where they are and based just on cases, it’ll never end. 50 positives per 100,000 on a weekly average basis is a recipe for forever masking. 

I get the frustration but that’s the way the proverbial cookie crumbles.  Companies make decisions that employees may not like. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Local gas mart and Supercuts employees had masks on today. Not sure it was corporate making them or their own doing (likely the former), but I'm suddenly seeing more of it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. Gullfoss was more impressive than I though.  We thought Thingvellir National Park was the best though.  That’s where you can measure the plates pulling away 2cm per year

what's the temp/DP up there?

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Also, no AC here.  Heat is pretty close to free so they crank it up everywhere.   

And does anyone on here have a towel dryer/warmer?  So need to get one 

I've been thinking about replacing the baseboard radiator in my bathroom with one.  I've heard they produce less heat than a traditional finned baseboard.

38 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I get the frustration but that’s the way the proverbial cookie crumbles.  Companies make decisions that employees may not like. 

Right. He does kind of have a point though. It seems like a very difficult metric to get back out of once in, even with vaccinations.

Up until May, I had to wear a mask at work for 8 hours straight. Whether I was alone in my truck, or outdoors 100 yards away from people. So I’m a sense, I get the mask fatigue, I lived it for over a year.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Right. He does kind of have a point though. It seems like a very difficult metric to get back out of once in, even with vaccinations.

Up until May, I had to wear a mask at work for 8 hours straight. Whether I was alone in my truck, or outdoors 100 yards away from people. So I’m a sense, I get the mask fatigue, I lived it for over a year.

Wait-while driving alone?   That’s insane.   I didn’t even have to do that in private space at a hospital when I was working.

59 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I can deal with stuff that makes sense. This doesn’t. 
And like Taunton said, it’s the metric most of us have issue with. Totally based on cases, period. 

56 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Stand with one foot on Europe and the other on N. America, but don't wait too long or it could become painful.  :lol:

We landed at KEF at 6:15 AM on 8/6/17, almost exactly 4 years ahead of you, and took off for Norway at 7:50 AM on 6/8.  Return trip on 8/18 gave us an 8-hour layover on Iceland.  Blue Lagoon was booked solid so we visited the Viking museum on the north shore of the peninsula, ate lunch under a 70' reproduction Viking ship.  Never topped 60 while we were on the island though it barely rained.  In Norway temps topped out about 70 and we had at least some rain each day but only one washout and we'd already made that our Oslo museum day.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Alpha is stronger than Delta. 

How so?

A study published June 14 in the journal The Lancet examined the impact of the delta variant in Scotland, where it had become the dominant strain. The researchers found that the risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 was roughly doubled for patients infected with delta, compared with people infected with the alpha variant. 

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Stand with one foot on Europe and the other on N. America, but don't wait too long or it could become painful.  :lol:

We landed at KEF at 6:15 AM on 8/6/17, almost exactly 4 years ahead of you, and took off for Norway at 7:50 AM on 6/8.  Return trip on 8/18 gave us an 8-hour layover on Iceland.  Blue Lagoon was booked solid so we visited the Viking museum on the north shore of the peninsula, ate lunch under a 70' reproduction Viking ship.  Never topped 60 while we were on the island though it barely rained.  In Norway temps topped out about 70 and we had at least some rain each day but only one washout and we'd already made that our Oslo museum day.

Yeah. It is not really like straddling 2 plates there.  Think of it like a scar after a big surgery.  The National park is on the scar itself.  You can measure the plates pulling apart using spots that are distant but there isn’t a spot you can actually tough two plates that way. 
Still cool. We were watching snorkelers and divers entering the crystal clear 2 degree water there.  We almost signed up for that but $$$

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How so?

A study published June 14 in the journal The Lancet examined the impact of the delta variant in Scotland, where it had become the dominant strain. The researchers found that the risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 was roughly doubled for patients infected with delta, compared with people infected with the alpha variant. 

(Said  Butthead)

Uh,, huhuhuh 

You thought he was serious..

(Said Beavis)

yea, hehehe. 

• Like 1