Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Guns out

I've definitely developed a little fetish this season for outfield assists.  Never felt that tickle before but they are exciting plays, emotional roller-coasters (hit! but no, thrown out!).  That's a great throw, even for a Yankee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've definitely developed a little fetish this season for outfield assists.  Never felt that tickle before but they are exciting plays.  That's a great throw, even for a Yankee.

Regression to the mean is Ray's favorite saying.  Too bad the Sox are his favorite team as well. We be gunning for ya lol

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Regression to the mean is Ray's favorite saying.  Too bad the Sox are his favorite team as well. We be gunning for ya lol

It’s true.  Everything evens out a bit… likely regresses slightly to the early season computer models a little bit. You fear regression when performing well and look for it when underperforming.  Snow or sports.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 10:31 PM, PhineasC said:

How often do you leave your house? Serious question. You sound like a hermit guy I know who is really into lockdowns, mandates, and the like. He isn't even affected because he is always home. He has been "on lockdown" for like 25 years straight already. 2020 was like a dream year for him. He was finally the normal one.

Maybe we should be asking you this question.  You post non-stop 24/7 on this board.  I'm concerned you have no life.  Living off the grid in Randolph, NH can't be good for anyone's mental health.  

It wouldn't' surprise us if this was you in a few years:

https://apnews.com/article/River-Dave-New-Hampshire-Dave-Lidstone-e0ef2fb3349a23ceebaa9e244b97eb5a

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

Maybe we should be asking you this question.  You post non-stop 24/7 on this board.  I'm concerned you have no life.  Living off the grid in Randolph, NH can't be good for anyone's mental health.  

https://apnews.com/article/River-Dave-New-Hampshire-Dave-Lidstone-e0ef2fb3349a23ceebaa9e244b97eb5a

Man sounds like a great guy.  Why would living off the grid effect your mental health? Are you sure living off the grid is a bad thing? Do you have an issue with rural people?

Another anecdotal observation. Out to dinner last night in the suburbs.  Zero mask wearing. Warms the soul. 

Some of you know I'm in the seafood business. We've been crushed the last two weeks.  People in the big cities have stopped going out to eat.  The media doing a number on us. 

8 hours ago, fujiwara79 said:

LOL “off the grid” in Randolph. My high speed Internet there is faster than the connection at my Delaware beach place. 

2 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Another anecdotal observation. Out to dinner last night in the suburbs.  Zero mask wearing. Warms the soul. 

Some of you know I'm in the seafood business. We've been crushed the last two weeks.  People in the big cities have stopped going out to eat.  The media doing a number on us. 

Here in CT many popular restaurants are moving out of the cities and into suburban locations. Seems to be a big trend happening here around New Haven. 

10 minutes ago, amarshall said:

I’ve been on the road this week meeting customers. The number of nurses I meet with that are unvaccinated and refuse to get it is eye opening and quite refreshing .  Long discussions about how this is not like the traditional vaccines like Hep B, Tdap, shingles etc. The scare tactics that f the media are at all time highs and it’s really sad to see how so many believe it and but into it. 

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve been in the road this week meeting customers. The number of nurses I meet with that are unvaccinated and refuse to get it is eye opening and quite refreshing .  Long discussions about how this is not like the traditional vaccines like Hep B, Tdap, shingles etc. The scare tactics that f the media are at all time highs and it’s really sad to see how so many believe it and but into it. 

Yeah and there’s already a nurse shortage that is going to get much worse if there are vaccine mandates.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Bangor Fair will have a Covid vaccine booth at the entrance for anyone who wants it. You know, those that still aren't sure or don't want it and figured they'd try to get away from life and covid for an an enjoyable day at the fair with the kids, but then be greeted by more vax pushing. wtf is wrong with this world.

“Get vaxxed and then put your mask back on and socially distance please!”

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve been on the road this week meeting customers. The number of nurses I meet with that are unvaccinated and refuse to get it is eye opening and quite refreshing .  Long discussions about how this is not like the traditional vaccines like Hep B, Tdap, shingles etc. The scare tactics that f the media are at all time highs and it’s really sad to see how so many believe it and but into it. 

Sounds like the nurses who watched a youtube video about doubting the vaccine and they go out to rip a few GPCs during their break. 

• Haha 2

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-reports-second-quarter-fiscal-year-2021-financial

“I am proud of the progress our teams at Moderna have made in the past quarter in advancing our development pipeline while addressing a global pandemic and quickly establishing global manufacturing and commercial organizations,” said Stéphane Bancel, Chief Executive Officer of Moderna. “We now have mRNA candidates in clinical trials across five therapeutic areas including infectious diseases, cardiovascular, oncology, rare disease and autoimmune disorders. We are pleased that our COVID-19 vaccine is showing durable efficacy of 93% through six months, but recognize that the Delta variant is a significant new threat so we must remain vigilant.”

izcOK4m.gif.f3cbe0a4cfce6b1a84d26051986e193d.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s always reassuring when a giant, faceless corporation issues a generic press release saying their product still works fine and not to worry about any media reports or anecdotes to the contrary. 

with the disclaimer "but recognize that the Delta variant is a significant new threat so we must remain vigilant.”"

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s always reassuring when a giant, faceless corporation issues a generic press release saying their product still works fine and not to worry about any media reports or anecdotes to the contrary. 

It's actual Phase 3 study data, not just some generic news.

• Like 1